SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Shot my new gen 4 34 today for the first time. Yep, this is gonna be my new competition gun.

Good luck to you with that. How long (# of rounds) will it take you to get comfortable??

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a G23 (or I assume a G22 also)...

You can buy and OEM 357SIG barrel for it (as you can by a .40 for G31 or 32)

You can get an aftermarket 9mm barrel and G17 and/or 19 magazines, and shoot 9mm out of any of the .40 or 357SIG Glocks.

And I believe there are also .22LR conversion kits (slide, barrel, mag) for the G23 and others.

Four calibers off of one frame is pretty versatile.

IIRC I'm not sure this goes for a Gen2 G22. Perhaps someone with more knowledge then me could correct me if I'm wrong.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
If you have a G23 (or I assume a G22 also)...

You can buy and OEM 357SIG barrel for it (as you can by a .40 for G31 or 32)

You can get an aftermarket 9mm barrel and G17 and/or 19 magazines, and shoot 9mm out of any of the .40 or 357SIG Glocks.

And I believe there are also .22LR conversion kits (slide, barrel, mag) for the G23 and others.

Four calibers off of one frame is pretty versatile.

IIRC I'm not sure this goes for a Gen2 G22. Perhaps someone with more knowledge then me could correct me if I'm wrong.

I bought a Gen 2 G22 with the intention of running 357sig thru it, but Glock doesn't recommend it.
They told me that the Gen 2 frames where not made to withstand 357sig velocities.
If you look at a Glock parts order form for any 357sig barrel, it reads..
.357 Auto (cannot be used on non-Finger Groove & Rail G22 pre-CNX frames - serial # required

http://us.glock.com/documents/FRM-72-27.pdf

So I traded my Gen 2 G22 for a Gen 2 G17 and a year later bought a Gen 4 G22.
After handling it for a few days, didn't even shoot it, I decided I didn't like the Gen 4 grip texture or the pin on backstraps.
I found a local guy that had a like new Gen 3 G22 with NS and we did an even swap.
I got the NS, he got the extra mag the Gen 4 comes with.

I've got a G31 barrel for my Gen 3 G22.
I also have a G27 barrel for my G33.. Big Grin

I actually wanted a G31 at first, but I figured it would be easier to sell a G22 with a extra G31 barrel, than a G31 with an extra G22 barrel.
But since buying and shooting, I have no intention of selling any of them..
I don't even care much for 40cal, but I do remember when we had the shortages, I could ANYWAYS find 40cal locally.
So my 40cal barrels are more of a backup plan than anything else.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Shot my new gen 4 34 today for the first time. Yep, this is gonna be my new competition gun.

Good luck to you with that. How long (# of rounds) will it take you to get comfortable??

Probably not many as I have been shooting a 17 for years. Maybe another 1-200 rounds and I should be pretty well set in with it. I was ringing the steel in rapid succession already after only a few mags so I'm hopeful that it will just get better and better.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!!! Nice addition.

quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
Well, I didn't have a Gen 4 and thought this looked pretty cool, so I picked it up today. It's the Lipsey's FDE model.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
Bought a Gen4 26 last Wednesday. Damn, I thought I'd never buy another Glock. Never say never I guess. I'm really diggin' the Gen4. Big Grin

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Well, I am up to number 10 now...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
count me in too. glock 32 in 357sig.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skeeter7
posted Hide Post
I now have a Glock too. Picked up a Gen 2 Glock 22 a couple weeks ago. Manufacture date is around June 1992 according to serial number. It was carried by a sheriff for almost 23 years and when he retired he sold the gun to the LGS. The thing has 23 years of holster wear and more surprisingly about 23 years of lint inside the slide upon me inspecting it. I lowballed my buddy who owns the shop and he took the offer. He said, thats what I paid for it and now you can clean it. Haha!

Posts: 788 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skeeter7:
I now have a Glock too. Picked up a Gen 2 Glock 22 a couple weeks ago. Manufacture date is around June 1992 according to serial number. It was carried by a sheriff for almost 23 years and when he retired he sold the gun to the LGS. The thing has 23 years of holster wear and more surprisingly about 23 years of lint inside the slide upon me inspecting it. I lowballed my buddy who owns the shop and he took the offer. He said, thats what I paid for it and now you can clean it. Haha!

Sounds like a good deal for you. Good luck with the cleaning and congratulations on a nice find.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of boilergonzo
posted Hide Post
"a Glock", "another Glock"... who is counting?

I just added a G34 MOS. Below are some images of the MOS system and gun. Looking forward to hitting the range!

For those trying to find out, the Burris FastFire III is not listed on Glock's instructions, but MOS Plate #1 is the one that fits (see photo of instruction booklet with my addition in red).

Posts: 503 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Played with the G43 at the NRA convention and was starting to think it might be my first Glock. Until I read of Para's experience.

You guys almost had me. Eek

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I STAYED AWAY FROM GLOCKS FOR YEARS,MOSTLY BECAUSE OF WHAT I READ,AND THE BAD OR TAINTED REVIEWS I READ.
SO I ONLY HAVE MYSELF TO BLAME.
WHEN I STARTED TO GET INTO STRIKER FIRED GUNS,I WENT THROUGH EVERY MODEL,BY EVERY MANUFACTURER..I REALLy thought sw had won the striker fired market,but the mp line of guns with there 99 cent trigger were a big letdown.
i bought a 17 longslide,and could not believe how nice ,smooth,and accurate that gun is.
i bought a 34,and the trigger,with reset,is almost 1911 like..i am totally in the glock camp,on the 9mm models i have bought.
i really like my sw shield,but am going to get the single stack glock,just to see if its better than the single stack shield

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
i tried to find paras post on his 43 experience.can i ask you kindly what page the thread is on.thanks friend

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my first glock, a 26 gen 4, to shoot in GSSF matches. With my yearly membership card it was $425 + shipping + tax

I wish Sig would have similar matches as the GSSF.. LOL

P239 - 9mm
P239 .40 S&W
P230 - Stainless
P229 22 Classic / 9mm conversion

Posts: 228 | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Traded in the Beretta Nano yesterday for a Glock 43. Now I have a trifecta of Glorp.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a Glock lover...my favorites are my G43 and G19 second generation.. but I'm a new sig owner too...and my M11-A1 just took the place 0f my G19 as my EDC...

Posts: 253 | Location: Hartwell, GA | Registered: December 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
For the first time in my life I actually LOOKED at Glocks yesterday with the thought of buying one, but didn't. However, I will admit to having a "sorta-Glock" in my pocket (you serious Glock lovers, please don't jump me too bad for what I'm about to say!).

The closest thing to a Glock I've ever owned, and something I swore I'd never EVER own (including a real Glock due to the trigger system), is a new Ruger LC9s Pro, striker fired, trigger safety like a Glock, and no manual safety like a Glock. Short, sweet, and fairly light 5.5 LB trigger pull is nice and consistent from one shot to the next, and I'm surprised at how much I like it; that's why I almost bought a Glock yesterday! I just can't get past the Glock grip angle though, otherwise I may have done the deed... Frown

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, did you ever resolve the slide lockback issue?

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post