SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, FNs rule 'n shit.

(Here's Para asking himself- why wait? Now or later, it's gonna end up the same.)

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we just ban the phrase "bore axis"? There's been a rash of it lately. Is it something in the water?

I guess ones' opinion depends on whose axis is being gored. Or was that oxis?

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least Belgium & Columbia SC are significantly closer to Austria & Smyrna then Brazil, right? Doesn't that count for something? Can't we just call this the "European Handgun" thread and all get along?

Posts: 175 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Is it something in the water?
It's some thing in the water, yes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by 1MeanLT1:
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
quote:
After many years of owning mostly Glocks and 1911s..... I have made a switch. The Glocks are getting sold off and I've realized better platforms are out there. Mainly the P320 and FN FNS.

So what makes the FN FNS a better platform than Glock? Just curious.

Better overall build quality, ergos, trigger, mags, and especially.... sights. Only thing the Glock edges out the FNS that is important to me, is bore axis.

LOL Big Grin

Ergonomics, maybe. The rest? Roll Eyes

It's not really a news flash that a stock Glock trigger sucks along with the stock sights.

Posts: 261 | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Better overall build quality, ergos, trigger, mags, and especially.... sights. Only thing the Glock edges out the FNS that is important to me, is bore axis.
See what I mean about this thread being flypaper?

Congratulations, LT. You made the list, man.

I'm not sure what that means? I'm here to read about the P320 and offered an opinion on Glocks when I saw this thread. Of which I probably still own more than a number here for now.

Posts: 261 | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
See what I mean about this thread being flypaper?

Congratulations, LT. You made the list, man.

I'm not sure what that means? I'm here to read about the P320 and offered an opinion on Glocks when I saw this thread. Of which I probably still own more than a number here for now.

It means that you are missing the point of the thread.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Uh huh. Before you posted in that 320 thread this afternoon, you had a sum total of two posts showing on the board, both of those posts being in this thread. Don't want to be branded a troll? Then don't act like a troll, and I'm not interested in hearing any more of "Who? Li'l ol' me??"

Get out of the mine field or get blowed up.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
quote:
After many years of owning mostly Glocks and 1911s..... I have made a switch. The Glocks are getting sold off and I've realized better platforms are out there. Mainly the P320 and FN FNS.

So what makes the FN FNS a better platform than Glock? Just curious.

LOL Big Grin

Ergonomics, maybe. The rest? Roll Eyes

It's not really a news flash that a stock Glock trigger sucks along with the stock sights.

Run a few hundred rounds through one and the trigger is fine. I happen to like the stock sights, but then again, I view stock sights much like tires on a car: a part that isn't going to stop me from buying the car because they're so easily changed and they do wear out and will need replacing eventually anyways (in the case of night sights). FN having better stock sights is not a selling point for me, and if you actually want to debate this, I've got to ask you to qualify your statement about the FN magazines being better. Explain that, if you would. Maybe the remark about build quality as well, while you're at it.

My brother had an FNP45 that was a smoking piece of shit. It wouldn't eat WWB and the trigger was garbage. I'm sure the FNS is light-years better. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Got me a 36 today and had them put Tru Glo TFO sights on it! Awesome .45 for CC.
Never had an interest in Glocks till about a year ago and now I own 4 of them! Sigs are still my favorite but I now like the Glocks to.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not Buy a Glock, I was issued one. A G35. I had to give up my Wilson Master grade Colt!

Then I bought a 23.....and a 19....then got a great deal on a gen 2 19. Then we were able to buy the 35's when we got issued our new 22's......

Yeah....I bought a Glock(s)....

It's inevitable.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
So...it worked out for the better Wink Big Grin

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yes...powerful the Dark Side is.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I did not Buy a Glock, I was issued one. A G35. I had to give up my Wilson Master grade Colt!

Then I bought a 23.....and a 19....then got a great deal on a gen 2 19. Then we were able to buy the 35's when we got issued our new 22's......

Yeah....I bought a Glock(s)....

It's inevitable.

Issued a G35?
That is kinda of an odd 'duty' weapon isn't it?

I must say my Gen 2 G19 is my favorite, followed by my G33.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Issued a G35?

Not really. A neighboring agency issues G35s to their patrol officers, after switching from S&W 4006s several years ago (2008ish). The guys I know who were around for the transition say it took a little while to get used to the longer draw stroke, due to the longer barrel, but they seem to like them.

The "practical/tactical" Glocks are roughly the size of a Government-sized 1911, and those have been (and still are) used by LE for many decades.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I want to say JlJones mentioned here a while back that his duty weapon is a Glock 35 also.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
Got me a 36 today and had them put Tru Glo TFO sights on it! Awesome .45 for CC.

I love my 36, and carry it almost daily.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Not really. A neighboring agency issues G35s to their patrol officers, after switching from S&W 4006s several years ago (2008ish). The guys I know who were around for the transition say it took a little while to get used to the longer draw stroke, due to the longer barrel, but they seem to like them.

The "practical/tactical" Glocks are roughly the size of a Government-sized 1911, and those have been (and still are) used by LE for many decades.

quote:
I want to say JlJones mentioned here a while back that his duty weapon is a Glock 35 also.

Interesting...
I learned something today.... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
Never had an interest in Glocks till about a year ago and now I own 4 of them! Sigs are still my favorite but I now like the Glocks to.

A G36 with TFO's is heaven on earth!

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Issued a G35?

I must say my Gen 2 G19 is my favorite, followed by my G33.

It was a little different. That was about 15 years ago. All uniforms got 35's and CID got 23's. it was about 200 guns total.

The majority of the range staff and a lot of officers were carrying 1911's and, really, the G35 didn't carry much differently. I was happy enough with it. This time we went G22's across the board. Another perfectly good choice.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post