SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Gen 4's now and want to ask those who have installed a grip plug, is the Glockmeister the better one? Or is the Pearce plug good, as well? I believe that I have the correct stock # for the 19 and 32 but Glockmeister must be closed for the holiday's. At any rate, is the GM plug a good one?

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

Posts: 917 | Registered: August 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOT:
I have a couple of Gen 4's now and want to ask those who have installed a grip plug, is the Glockmeister the better one? Or is the Pearce plug good, as well? I believe that I have the correct stock # for the 19 and 32 but Glockmeister must be closed for the holiday's. At any rate, is the GM plug a good one?

I don't think you can go wrong with either or any.
It would be difficult to screw up a grip plug. Big Grin
I get most of my small parts on eBay from NDZ Performance.
Usually always free shipping.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Somebody talk to me about Gen2 19 pricing.
I'm pretty sure I will be selling mine locally soon and I want to get fair market value for it.
Not trying to make a killing, but don't want to underprice it either.
I've heard that to some folks they are the most desirable - is that true?
Condition is pretty good for a ~20 year old gun (some holster wear, but no scratches in finish or gouges in the frame).

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Thanks much man. I like the one's you have Cool. I'll look into the the site and check out what they have to fit the Gen 4's (19 and 32). And a safe and Happy New Year Smile

I don't think you boy's understand how serious this is . . . they killed my dog!

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOT:

I went with Pearce. They pop right in.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SHOOT
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that also. A few mfgs of them alright. Along with 1lowlife's NDZ Performance brand and the Pearce brand, is the The Glockmeister, which is stated before . . .

http://www.glockmeister.com/Gl...KS/productinfo/BCIG4

also SurePlug . . .

http://www.glockplug.com/engravedplugs.html

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
There's also Jentra. I have one of those in my Gen3 19. It's what the shop had in stock when I picked the gun up- works fine. I have a Pearce in my 26 and when they're "installed" you won't know the difference.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
Okay I'm going to ask, what's the point of the grip plug? Purely aesthetic? I'm not against them just never took the time to hunt any down because I haven't seen the purpose in doing so yet, all input welcome.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .45ACP:
Okay I'm going to ask, what's the point of the grip plug? Purely aesthetic?

For me, yes- that's pretty much it.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .45ACP:
Okay I'm going to ask, what's the point of the grip plug? Purely aesthetic?

Some people claim using a plug helps to prevent dirt and grime from entering the firearm through the gap in the grip frame. But I don't know how correct that theory is. I suspect it's a solution in search of a problem.

So for most owners, I assume it's purely aesthetic. But that aesthetics comes at a cost...

The gap in the back of the grip does serve a purpose, in that Glocks are designed with a half-circle cutout at the rear of the magazine well, which is accessible through the gap. This cutout allows you to use your thumb to more easily grip and strip the magazine from the gun in the event of a double-feed malfunction. (The Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks had an additional cutout at the front of the frame, but it was found that this interfered with many shooters' grip, and was omitted. So Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks only have one cutout, at the back.) If you fill the gap with a plug, it covers this cutout at the rear of the magazine well, making it slightly tougher to forcefully rip the mag out if needed.

So if you want to fill the gap with a decorative plug, it may be a good idea to also invest in some aftermarket magazine baseplates, like the Vickers baseplates, which are designed to allow for easy gripping and stripping of the magazine even when the cutout isn't accessible.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Took me years, but I sure did. Gen3 G30 Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
aight Wink

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Well, looks like I'll be getting the new year started right. I have a Full FDE Gen 4 G21 on the way.

I think you will really enjoy that one. Looking forward to pictures when it comes in.

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick question ya'll.
In the Movie U.S. Marshals towards the end, Tommy Lee swapped magazines with the other guy and as it turned out, one magazine would work in both Glocks, and one would not.
What Glock models were these?

Tommy Lee Jones' Glock won!

"Buy once, cry once"

Posts: 113 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well...

9MM:
A Glock 26 can use a G19 or G17 mag.
A G19 can use a G17 mag.

40cal:
A Glock 27 can use a G23 or G22 mag.
A G23 can use a G22 mag.

357sig:
A G33 can use a G32 or G31 mag.
A G32 can use a G31 mag.

45ACP:
A G30 or G30S can use a G21 mag.

10MM:
A G29 can use a G20 mag.

380ACP:
A G42 can only use a G42 Mag.

Magazines are caliber specific, except you can use any 40cal mag to run 357sig in a 357sig specific pistol, and vise versa.
In other words, 40cal and 357sig can be used in the same mags, but for each caliber's designated pistols..

^ Did all that make sense?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I had 3 guns on my permit but alas I sold off two to help pay for my daughters wedding... The keeper was the GLOCK 36 which is the only gun I can "Legally" carry...

I love my Glock 36... with the King Tuk Holster pictured with another favorite Bulgy Makarov in an Alessi CQCs.

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The new year's assessment...

I keep telling myself I have enough Glocks. I'm tired of waiting for the single stack nine--besides it'll most probably rust on me anyways without a refinish right OOTB--but I keep thinking that new 10 (assuming the early jabber is close to correct) is my golden ticket into the caliber. And I continue thinking a G35 needs to join the family despite the G24 I already own. Goodness me I am so pwned.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No I will not. I've had sig/229, colt gvmt, on and on. No manual safety = I don't buy. The incident with the Idaho mother in wally world just reinforced my beliefs. FWIW I only purchase 1911 or variants thereof.

C:\Users\Dan\Downloads

Posts: 37 | Location: Sequim, WA. USA | Registered: June 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
G19, then, pete? I think that's a fine first choice.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107598 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glocks with manual safeties still count as Glocks, right? Right.

So Pete, you will buy a Glock that has a manual safety (even though it's unnecessary).

Or you will buy a traditional Glock without a manual safety, and will just keep your booger hook off the bang switch, and keep your guns out of the reach of little kids. (Which you should be doing anyway, even on your guns with manual safeties. Wink) After all, your P229 doesn't have a manual safety, and you've managed not to shoot yourself with it so far. I hope. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post