SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sleep Glocking indicates repression.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Well, thinking I was done purchasing Glocks, already in possession of the prefect all-around carry Gen4 19, I made a mistake.

I happen to stop in a local Tactical Shooting gun range yesterday, and to my amazement, there, sitting under glass, were about 12 various Glock models, which had recently arrived.

I first looked at the newest model, the 30 FS, double stack in 45. Nice little pistol, but the grip was still a bit small for my (average)
size hands.

I then proceeded to inspect and hold (big mistake) the Gen4 G23.

For those of you who don’t clock Glocks, the Glock 23 is the compact version of the Austrian gunmaker’s .40 S&W ammunition-firing pistols. The fourth generation version includes interchangeable back-straps (an “innovation” that carried the Smith & Wesson M&P a LONG way). It also boasts a dual recoil spring (that is said to) reduce felt recoil.

The other Gen4 differences would be new stippling on the grip that makes the grip grippier, but not as aggressively as the RTF2 treatment (law enforcement doesn't like it). I guess that means Glock perfection is now perfecter.

Well cutting to the chase .... I came home with a new Gen4 23. I hope Para is happy.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
From a size and ergonomic standpoint (and really every other standpoint besides round chambered) the G19 and 23 gen 4s are EXACTLY the same. You basically bought the same gun in another caliber. So if you like the G19 Gen 4, you're bound to like the 23 also.

Nothing wrong with this, but the way wrote the post, you make it sound like the 19 and 23 are significantly different.

quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
Well, thinking I was done purchasing Glocks, already in possession of the prefect all-around carry Gen4 19, I made a mistake.

I happen to stop in a local Tactical Shooting gun range yesterday, and to my amazement, there, sitting under glass, were about 12 various Glock models, which had recently arrived.

I first looked at the newest model, the 30 FS, double stack in 45. Nice little pistol, but the grip was still a bit small for my (average)
size hands.

I then proceeded to inspect and hold (big mistake) the Gen4 G23.

For those of you who don’t clock Glocks, the Glock 23 is the compact version of the Austrian gunmaker’s .40 S&W ammunition-firing pistols. The fourth generation version includes interchangeable back-straps (an “innovation” that carried the Smith & Wesson M&P a LONG way). It also boasts a dual recoil spring (that is said to) reduce felt recoil.

The other Gen4 differences would be new stippling on the grip that makes the grip grippier, but not as aggressively as the RTF2 treatment (law enforcement doesn't like it). I guess that means Glock perfection is now perfecter.

Well cutting to the chase .... I came home with a new Gen4 23. I hope Para is happy.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
The .40 makes a bigger hole, and also hurts a lot more ... Big Grin

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
From a size and ergonomic standpoint (and really every other standpoint besides round chambered) the G19 and 23 gen 4s are EXACTLY the same. You basically bought the same gun in another caliber. So if you like the G19 Gen 4, you're bound to like the 23 also.

I own 4 G19's and I hate hate HATE the G23. Bought one, shot it once, sold it. Just freakin' hated it.

Shot a G22 later. Much better, but still... love my G34 so much more.

Nothing against the G23 aside from the caliber (obviously!). I just don't like .40 at all.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
quote:

I own 4 G19's and I hate hate HATE the G23. Bought one, shot it once, sold it. Just freakin' hated it.

Nothing against the G23 aside from the caliber (obviously!). I just don't like .40 at all.

I don't care for the 40 either, in any pistol.
I've owned 3 but sold them all years ago..

Last year I got a good deal on a Gen 2 G22 so I thought I'd give the caliber another shot.

Also wanted to get a G31 barrel for it.
But Glock told me that the 2 pin non-railed Gen 2 G22 frames couldn't handle 357sig velocities.
So I ran some 40cal thru it and still didn't like it and traded that G22 for Gen 2 G17..
A couple months later found a Gen 2 G19 to match..

All my Glocks are 9mm and 45ACP..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tarheelfan84
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 19 yesterday. I can say after running a couple 100 rounds through it today I have decided the only thing I want to change is the sights. I am going with a Warren black rear sight with a Trijicon HD front sight.

Posts: 677 | Location: WNC  | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I finally picked up my first Glock. How did I do?

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
quote:

Last year I got a good deal on a Gen 2 G22 so I thought I'd give the caliber another shot.

But Glock told me that the 2 pin non-railed Gen 2 G22 frames couldn't handle 357sig velocities.
So I ran some 40cal thru it and still didn't like it and traded that G22 for Gen 2 G17..

How are you finding all of these ancient Gen. 2 Glocks in perfect condition? Bravo on the collection.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

How are you finding all of these ancient Gen. 2 Glocks in perfect condition? Bravo on the collection.

The G17 was at the Ft Worth Gun Show.
It was pure luck, as I was walking thru the show with a sign for the G22.
After about 5 minutes I saw a Gen 2 G17 on a private seller's table..
I asked if he would flat trade the nickel boron G22 for his G17.
He said 'sure I'll try that 40cal..'.
We shook hands, parted ways, and it was a done deal.

The G19 I found on Texas Gun Trader.
The guy lived 3 hours away and we met halfway in Weatherford Texas..
He only told me thru emails his Gen 2 G19 was a police trade in with night sights.
I pictured in my mind an old beat up slide with dead sights and had every intention of replacing the sights and having CCR refinish the slide.
But when we meet, I looked at him and asked 'I thought you said this was a police trade in?'.
He told me it was, but the pistol had gone thru Glock, kinda like a CPO Sig pistol.
The slide was perfect and the sights still have life in them.
He said "If you don't want it I'll put it back up for sale'.
I told him 'Of course I want it, it is perfect'.
Again, I gave him $400, we shook hands, and went our separate ways..

I was indeed at the right place at the right time, and God Bless Texas gun laws between private sellers.. Big Grin

Now, if I could only find a nice Gen 1 G17 for my collection of Glocks.. Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

They pop up here and again. I bought my gen 2 19 on gunjoker in December just pre-panic for $500 with five mags and two holsters. It could have been advertised NIB, it was that clean (there was still flashing on the backstrap, no wear anywhere). I snagged a police trade-in Gen 1 17 that was only posted a few hours on the local gun board. Just happened upon it at the right time. They're out there.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my 3rd Glock within the past year, after decades of Sigs and 1911s. First the 27, then the 23, and now my 21, all Gen 4.
I have very small hands but the huge 21 fits about right. Fully loaded, it is much lighter than my Colt Combat Commander and Sig 220 Carry, plus it also carries 5 more round of fat 45.

Only one trip to the range so far, and put 100 rounds of WWB through it with and without my tac light attached. Recoil was much less than my other 45s, but the WWB only eject a couple feet, but at least not back at me. Towards the end of the session, I was getting a little further ejection. Will try some Fed hardball next session, and if that works out well, will function test my carry loads, Fed 230 HST and put on some Trijicon night sights.

I don't understand the complaints about the 40 recoil. Both my Glock 27 and 23 Gen 4 seem to recoil less than my 229/40 and even my Sig 228 9mm.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That Glock 22 with the silver slide IS a 3 pin frame, no?

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
That Glock 22 with the silver slide IS a 3 pin frame, no?

My mistake, it is.
It wasn't the the 2 pins, it was the serial number and no finger grooves and no rail that made the determination of not being 357sig compatible.
From the Glock parts order form;
Glock Parts Order Form
SP 08651 - Barrel G31 (cannot be used on non-Finger Groove & Rail G22 frames - serial # required)
Since I told Glock customer service what my serial number was, they wouldn't sell me a 357sig barrel for that G22.

Thanks for the correction............1LL

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Time to come home again; I need to find me a Gen2 G19. I miss my old one.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jc91087:
Well I finally picked up my first Glock. How did I do?

Great, Although the people at the Range might wish you hadn't when you shoot it...they sound like an F-111 on a deck run... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I start with either my Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine or my Desert Eagle 50 AE. Then when I switch to my Glock G20 SF, the people at the range thank me.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Hey 1lowlife,

Thanks for the info. I had heard that about the two pin frames too, didn't know it applied to the 3 pins as well. Thanks.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn you Para, I thought I was done with glock after getting rid of my gen 3 G27, then I had to shoot my friend's gen 4 G22. Now I am trying to talk my wife into letting me get a new G19.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glock27 EXO in LN condition arrived at my LGS Yday. It promptly went layaway under my name Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post