SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
To me, someone wanting to do precision shooting with a Glock won't be using the stock sights anyway.
Again, this comes down to each shooters personal preference, and intended use of the pistol.

Even though, with the stock sights, center mass acquisition is no problem.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying really hard to do something I swore I'd never do... like glocks, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two, either a 19 or 30sf...might be a tough question to answer but how does the recoil of a Gen 4 glock 30 compare to a HK45c?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hlb14,

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:

I do want to pick up some Pearce +0 baseplates for my Glock 26. I think it'll be a bit faster and more controllable.

I had those on my G26, several years ago, and they made a world of difference...

I put those on my Springfield XD Sub Compact's 13-rd mag, it's now my favorite. Much better than the 16-rd mag's extention which makes ejection an "iffy" thing.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
To me, someone wanting to do precision shooting with a Glock won't be using the stock sights anyway.
Again, this comes down to each shooters personal preference, and intended use of the pistol.

Was thinking of taking the stock night sights off my Gen3 G17 and putting them on my Gen4 G23 (with LWD .357Sig barrel). Does Glock use the same-height sights for 9mm and .40?

Would likely then go with a Warren/Dawson setup on the G17 Smile

Posts: 154 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SVTNate:
Picked up my Gen 4 G34 today. Fast and accurate double taps or 2+1's at 5-7 yards. Mag dumps at same distances yield all 18 shots on COM. Less important to me, respectable groups at 20 yards but I hate the stock sights so they'll be the only thing "upgraded" on the gun. I'm no fan of swapping parts in Glocks as I don't think it yields any real-world benefit aside from throwing away the crappy stock sights.....

Yep. Got my first and only Glock (Gen4 G34) end of 2011. Installed Warren Tacticals - best sight I have ever used. The 4.5 "dot" connector produces a very nice trigger as is. FIRST TIME I shot it, I was getting consistent 2-3" groups in fast, mixed defensive drills from the holster at seven and 10 yards. Amazing little machine.

All I give a crap about in a defensive handgun is reliability and fist size groups. Ain't complicated.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
THIS THREAD IS ALIIIIIIVE!!! ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch1970:
quote:

Was thinking of taking the stock night sights off my Gen3 G17 and putting them on my Gen4 G23 (with LWD .357Sig barrel). Does Glock use the same-height sights for 9mm and .40?

Would likely then go with a Warren/Dawson setup on the G17 Smile

Same height .256/6.5mm rear and .165 front..

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know this may sound like a silly question, but is that an accurate depiction how the stock Glock sights are set up?

I'm still too used to 3-dot sights, yet none of my guns have them...

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 352 | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
All I give a crap about in a defensive handgun is reliability and fist size groups. Ain't complicated.

Pretty much, yup.

But the G34 will shoot little groups at long distances. I contacted 10-8 Performance about brass bead front sights that are the right height for the G34/35. I was told 6-8 weeks, so I think I'll wait. Not like I can get 9mm ammo anyway!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold all three of my Glocks today.

I did it to finance an SR1911CMD and for other reasons. I put the extra money to good use.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cool

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I also sold three Gen 2 Glock 19s last Thursday, but I still have two Gen 3s and will probably pick up a Gen 4 26 or Gen 4 37 later this year.

Yes, I will buy a Glock, probably sell one or more, and buy another one or two.

Life is good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have no issue with the stock sight picture on my G19, and that baby hits where I want it

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mkh:
I sold all three of my Glocks today.

I did it to finance an SR1911CMD and for other reasons. I put the extra money to good use.

Gen4?
Yeah, you used it for the Gen4.
Tell us how it shoots after you get a chance to go to the range.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The thread isn't "You will keep a Glock".

So, he bought some Glocks.

Once again, The Oracle nails it. Wink

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Just like the gypsy woman said!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

He is right. I bought three this year so his prognostic skills are still intact.

And I will probably buy a G30 sometime this year. When I get tired of a gun I get rid of it or if I find something else I want I trade/sell to get it. I normally buy 6 or 8 guns a year but my overall gun count stays about the same.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I have bought about twelve Glocks starting with a G20 in 1992. I have sold about eleven Glocks ending up with a G20 SF. Things go round and round.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
Son of a bitch.

I just realized, I bought a glock.

2 month old USA made Glock 19 with Galco IWB holster for $380.

Couldn't pass that deal up.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post