SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many is enough?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many is enough? Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted
Evening All,

I am not a gun collector. My guns are shooters. Over the years, the number of firearms in my possession has fluctuated with my interests. At times I had focused my endeavors, 42 Beretta 92 variations at one point, but the variety always seems to even out.

In looking over my assortment today, I began to wonder what the average is.

How many firearms do you guys have?

Just wondering if I am an average guy…

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I have as many as I can afford but, more importantly, as many as my safe will hold.........until the safe is full which means I have to buy a new bigger safe

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I want all of them.

But I will settle for most of them. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
As many as you can afford and enjoy and want

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, one more than the capacity of the boat. Frown

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
In all seriousness. I want all of them. lol

No, I consider myself "a student of arms", I will buy guns just to see what they're all about. I've bought guns simply because I wanted to take them apart and see how they work. For many years I would buy several a year, and usually sell as many. Off set what came in.

Recently though, a combination of new stupid laws in my state (no more face to face), stupid changes in my county (dealing with pistols), crazy shipping costs, and now even more absurdity from the likes of UPS and FedEx, it's not worth the hassle, I've just been hanging on to them. There's a few I'd like to be rid of, but it not worth the trouble.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:

Just curious, how many firearms do you have?

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
quote:

Just curious, how many firearms do you have?

I’m sorry, I forgot to post that. I average about a hundred. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many is enough? One more than what I own.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I've sold many I should have kept. If I'd kept them, I would have had enough.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I have too many and I don't even have that many.

What I hate is buying something and not using it. And I don't like selling anything either. I have about three 45s since I was in CA and switched to 45s since I couldn't buy 9MM pistols with standard capacity. I settled for the 45s with the 10 round magazines.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19581 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
"How many guns does a normal person own?"
"About 4-6." (e.g., handgun, rifle, shotgun, & something in 22LR is a good start)

"That doesn't sound normal; that sounds like a gun enthusiast."
"No, enthusiasts typically own at least one to two dozen."

"That sounds like someone obsessed w/ guns, a gun nut."
"No, people obsessed w/ guns own hundreds."

"Someone who owns hundreds of guns sounds like a psycho."
"No, psychos typically don't own guns at all, or if they do, they only get one or two to commit their shooting spree."

"One or two guns sounds like what a normal person should own."
"No, a normal person owns 4-6. We already covered that."

Posts: 3171 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't own any guns. I don't need an assault weapons or 9mm capable of blowing out someone's lungs. I thought "sigforum" was a place for collectors of signatures and autographs to hang out and trade. I have an extra Joe Biden signature I'm looking to trade for a Nancy Pelosi if anyone is interested.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't ask a woman how much she weighs or a man how many guns he owns.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Evening All,

I am not a gun collector. My guns are shooters. Over the years, the number of firearms in my possession has fluctuated with my interests. At times I had focused my endeavors, 42 Beretta 92 variations at one point, but the variety always seems to even out.

In looking over my assortment today, I began to wonder what the average is.

Just wondering if I am an average guy…

I find myself limited by budget, not by imagination.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I don't understand the question.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Asked...and answered.

How many firearms do you own?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you know how many firearms you have, you don't have enough.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

I like this answer ^ Big Grin

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

I like this answer ^ Big Grin

A new take on the tired old "boating accident". Lol.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post