SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many is enough?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many is enough? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
N+1

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15275 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think I'll need another one in 38 Super.

It hasn't been made yet.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Don't ask a woman how much she weighs or a man how many guns he owns.

The correct answer above.

In addition to those, I don’t ask women -

“When is the baby due?”

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many is enough?
It’s like a smorgasbord. You don’t know how much is enough until you’ve had too much.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many is enough?

I believe that if you have to ask, you clearly have yet to reach your saturation point. Wink

As for myself and the answer that I'll confess to, I suppose that it's safe to say that I own more than one and less than enough. Especially considering what I've bought this calendar year alone...

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many is too many?

However many that is, that many -1 is enough.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer: unknown

At one point in time, I owned 27 Smith & Wesson N frame revolvers.

I'm not bragging, I'm just sick. It's an incurable disease. I think I am down 8 or 10 now, but that bug is in remission for now.

I think I better get away from any computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”

-Robert A Heinlein Nov. 1959

Posts: 42 | Location: Idaho | Registered: August 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No such thing as enough guns. How many do I have? More than I need, not as many as I want. I have guns in my safe that I have never shot. I'll get around to it someday.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I now have about 1/3 of what I used to since I've sold 27 in the last 3 years and only regret 2 of them.

I only have my eye on one or two. I now only keep my favorite shooters and am sticking to 3 calibers or forget it. I have my eye on a 5.7 but I am trying to stick with these 3 calibers.

9mm

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
N+1

thread;

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
That's like asking how many watches or guitars are enough. I think you know the answer. Smile

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
When you can go to the LGS and walk out without buying another gun.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many is enough?

When you are out of money.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I want one more than I have, and that one is a over and under in 20 gauge.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
God help me but I actually think I am content with what I currently own. I have the platforms I enjoy and feel I need and enough redundancy and parts to service them all for the rest of my life.
Now ammo.......

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Once you have 10 or more there is a simple equation...

add up all the various gun's model numbers and divide by two and add your age and that is the perfect number.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
When you can go to the LGS and walk out without buying another gun.

No, that’s not it at all. That’s the near-guaranteed result for me with any trip to a local shop. They rarely have anything interesting.

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
You only need one:

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
~Bruce Lee

Posts: 13093 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^Yeah, I'm more like that.

I currently have only 5 guns (semi-auto rifle, bolt-action rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver). I don't really want any more, in fact I sold another one not too long ago. I guess that makes me "normal", and not a very good gun nut.

I'm more into having fewer guns, but knowing each one extremely well. Beware the man with one gun and all that.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16318 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
At this point I have a reasonable allocation of assets dedicated to firearms and ammunition. I have focused more on other bargains for preservation of wealth and cash. But when the Ruger 1894 in 357 is released I will probably pounce. I just don't see the prices or varieties of the older classics to collect many more. I feel fortunate to have what I do have.

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post