SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most... Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
IBM corp M1,2 Colt Pythons one 6" blued and the other was a bright SS finish(Nickel?)

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
No regerts

Posts: 5360 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Colt 1911 MkIV, Series 70 satin nickel .45ACP. Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2708 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maximus2161
posted Hide Post
wow what a horrible topic. It just drove me into depression lol! There were only a few guns I have sold that I wish I had kept.

HK MK23
Vector
Detonics 45
Walther PPK/s (Interarms)

These are the ones that I kick myself for selling and wish I hadnt. I didnt even carry these just wish Id had kept them around.

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
HK P7M8
Ruger Bisley, .45 Colt

I had many more pass through my hands, but can't say I regret moving on - I experienced them and then found people who wanted them more than I did.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've sold/given away quite a few. My biggest regret is selling my blued P220 from the mid-late 90's. I bought it brand new and had to sell it about 15 years ago to have a dead maple tree cut down because it was a danger to mine and my neighbor's house. I sold it to a former co-worker's brother (it was his 1st pistol ever.) I tried to buy it back many times over the years and he said he would never sell it Frown

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Considering I've been a bad gun nut since the mid 1960's , I've sold/traded off quite a few gems.

In my defense I was only 18 or 19 but I was gifted an UNFIRED Colt 1911A1 from WW2, IN the ORIGINAL cardboard box. With the papers showing when and to who issued.
I quickly SHOT it. Then several years later traded it off on another 1911 that had been poorly accurized. Spent money to get that one straightened out, finally gave up and sold it. That ORIGINAL 1911A1 in the cardboard box, haunts me to this day.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every S&W 10xx I've ever had.
3 x 1086
1 x 1026
1 x 1076
All went to resolve financial emergencies and I came out ahead on each one but if I still had them the mags alone are now worth more than I paid for them all.
The last one was a 1076 with 5 mags I purchased about 5 years ago for $400.
I see a lot of P7/P7M8 regrets. I've owned 3 of them and don't really miss them. Heavy and difficult to practice with since they got really hot after about 40 rounds. I sold my last one after I got a Walther PPS in 2009.
Really, my biggest regrets are the ones I didn't buy. But that would be another thread.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one, S&W, Blue M58 .41 Magnum. Mint in the box, unfired with all the goodies....

For Those Who Fight For It, Life has a Special Flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine

Posts: 263 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P7M8.

Posts: 74 | Registered: February 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmw
posted Hide Post
Several that still kill me. Series 70 Colt Gold Cup, Colt SP-1 Carbine, 2 Browning Hi Powers, 3 Ruger GP100 3", NIB Browning B92 .44 mag. Most of all, a Stevens 12 ga. pump that was a gift from my Dad.

Posts: 510 | Location: ohio, usa | Registered: December 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I had a first year model Smith and Wesson SW1911 the had been worked on in the Performance Center shop. Sold it to buy a HK USP 45. I really miss the 1911. Last year I sold the USP to buy a PTR 9CT. I really like the PTR but I wish I still had the 1911 and the USP.

Posts: 1443 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
No regerts

I see what you did there. Well played sir. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm reading through the list of guns that we regret selling...
If anyone here would like to regret getting rid of an HK P7 for a cheap price in the future, let me know!
Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
Mine was a rifle rather than a pistol, a 1903 Springfield Armory. Back in the day when a little extra pocket change sounded like a good thing.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
Polished SS 6" Colt Python, never fired with beautiful stag grips. I'm embarrassed to say what I traded it for......

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I am ok with all of my sales.

My least missed pistol is easy though - Taurus 24/7 G2 in 40 cal. Do not miss this one at all!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
That’s an easy one. My first handgun, S&W .40 TSW. Before I was really a gun guy and didn’t think about it just selling it to get the next one.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post