SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Smith PC627 vcomp no lock.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7737 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR 15 SP1

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the 1970's. Bought a blued 6" Colt Python and two 4" Colt .38 Spl Diamondbacks (one blue & one nickel). Sold all because most of my guns were S&W's. They didn't fit in.

I'd like them back now...even though they still wouldn't fit in. Just because they were really neat guns. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nipper,

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
SIG 226 nickel
HK P7
Colt Diamondback 4" .38

If I could only have one of the above back though it would be that 226. It looked like new and shot lights out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bryanZ06,

Posts: 1013 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few, Colt Python 6", Colt Diamondback 4" 38Spec., Walther P38, WWII veteran's bring back, Walther PPK/S 380, German made.

Posts: 9 | Location: Fox Valley, WI | Registered: January 22, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I don't want to jinx myself, but I've never sold a gun. I have a few that I wouldn't miss, and I have some that I would prefer to pass on to family rather than sell, because they mean something to me, or are old family guns.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12817 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Model 29 “Dirty Harry” gun. I’ve replaced everything else I sold and regretted.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 25-30 years ago, buying a boat for the kids --
4" stainless Python (grip was too big!)
3rd generation Detective Special
Beretta 92 SCB beautiful blue
3" Model 60 with adjustble sights
Then a few years ago, a Steyr AUG, because a friend wanted it.
The boat was a good thing, but what was I thinking!

Posts: 829 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3" S&W 65-3. Frown

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta Elites I sold because I needed the $$. Sold off an Elite 1A and two Elite IIs. Awesome pistols, but luckily do to Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon it doesn't hurt quite so much anymore.

Posts: 2554 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most...

None. No hurt. No regrets.

Q

Posts: 26712 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
Too many have come and gone. But the ones I miss most were two P7 grade A's I paid 1500.00 for.
A NIB Sig P228 I purchased for 400.00.
And a W German P226 that was nicely broken in but had a ton of finish wear.

I have replaced the P7's with a P7M13 and have bought a NIB W German P226.

I just need to find a sweet P228.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
Colt Diamondback .38spcl, 4" a friend sold to me for $200. I traded it to my dad for his Ruger P85 which I traded for a Glock 19 2nd Gen on my 21st bday (1992). My dad traded the Colt for I don't remember what.
HK P7 bought for $435, C grade. Sold it for $400. This was back in 2008 or so.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The P7M8 still haunts me a bit. So does the Mauser HSc. Both were traded away by the early 1980's.

But I'll bolt from the crowd here and along with 12131 say I have no real regrets. All of the guns sold or traded -- and there were many, many -- enabled me to get other handguns, and to enjoy in depth an even wider array of pistols and revolvers. And this has been a lot of fun. Heck, I can't take any of them with me, so I might as well own and shoot a lot of different guns and enjoy the sport.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson 696.
Smith & Wesson 686.
Smith & Wesson 4526.
Smith & Wesson 4576.
Smith & Wesson 6906.
Smith & Wesson 1006.
Smith & Wesson Model 10-6 HB x2.

Smith & Wesson Model 10 PPC my Father built. That was really a dumb move selling it.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power

Benelli M4

Miss both of those a lot.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4065 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith Wesson ASP 9mm , two 1965 Colt AR 15, Mac 10 9mm . USCG Sig 229 40 DAK over run in brown box . Colt woodsman sport 22, 629 Smith 4 in no dash .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hk94
Beretta 92g centurion
Colt combat commander blues in 9mm

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it hurts to sell a device of steel/wood/polymer, there are some other issues at play.

Posts: 7923 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
HK P7M8 - Wish I had kept that one.

I had what I called "The big 5" that I had to sell to fund my wife's oral surgery...
M1903A3
Lee Enfield
M98k
Type 99
Moisn Nagant

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post