SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All those past guns we’ve sold...which ones hurt the most... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Over the years I’ve bought and sold pistols as my tastes changed. Sometimes you just can’t afford to buy what you need unless you sell something you already have... However there are those that sting a little more...

Beretta 92 Type M single stack
Sig P228 W German
S&W 640 in .38 Special

What’s yours?

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Horse traded away an HK P7M8 back in late 1992. Regret it to this day.

Same with a Norinco type 86S bullpup AK.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I foolishly sold a W. German P228 and two P7M8’s a few years back. I regret selling those. Also on the list is a German frame, folded slide P220R. The new ones are not the same.

Posts: 1627 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A couple of guns I had no interest in keeping at the time, but would like to have back for the type of shooting I do now:

S&W model 25 chambered for 45 Auto Rim/45 ACP. It would be nice to have an N frame that would be relatively inexpensive to shoot.

Hi Standard model 8111 (“riot” gun). I have a Benelli shotgun, but I’d like a slide action as a backup.

There are many others I sometimes regret having let go, but more for nostalgia than practicality or specific need.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47421 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at a point where I needed some cash. Sold a BHP to a friend of mine, with the understanding that if he sold it, I'd get the first shot.

It was a "Nothing Special" BHP compared to others. Honestly, I'd put it in the "Beat up, Shooter Grade" category. It was the story behind how I got it which made that gun important to me. It had a little work done to it, not by anyone special, but he knew what he was doing.

Well, my friend gave it to his dip-shit brother-in-law, and who knows what happened to it after that....

It took me 20 years to get another BHP.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
P7M8 is the one I wish I'd kept. I sold it for $700 Frown

I've had three other guns that I've sold and then bought back. All three had sentimental value and I was extremely lucky the two gentlemen I sold them to allowed me to purchase them back. The kicker is the none of them had even been shot by their caregivers.

- A W.German P226 and Gen3 Glock 22 were sold and bought back a couple years later.

- A pre-Series II Kimber Custom Classic worked over by the late Dave Berryhill was sold in 2009 (I'm a total dummy) and purchased back in 2018.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4205 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A S&W 3913 Ladysmith and a CZ75D PCR. (Don't ask the reasons.) There were some others, but since they sold for more than I paid for them, the pain was much lessened.

Posts: 28019 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when I was active duty Navy and stationed at Treasure Island, CA in the San Francisco Bay area. This was 90-92 I bought a S&W model 66 3" barrel it was part of a overrun S&W made for the FBI, Secret Service or maybe the ATF. I got it from a very nice gun shop in downtown San Francisco called the San Francisco Gun Exchange.
I later sold it unfired for a low price as I recall. Didn't realize what I had was rare until it was too late.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 70 Series Gold Cup, 2 1/2" Python, 45Colt New Frontier, 10mm Gold Cup, Detective Special with mismarked Agent barrel & a host of others! Divorces are hell on gun collections.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4284 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Ex LAPD 4506-1 with adjustable night sights. Only one I miss out of everything I sold. And I sold some rare ones including a 3 inch 66-2 and a 4 inch full lug PC 14-6.

The 4506-1 is the only one I want back. And the officer I sold it to is keeping it. Oh well.....

Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
FN FNC, Colt King Cobra 4' SS x2, Daewoo K1A1, Polytech AK double uf, Franchi SPAS 12,HK 93, Bulgarian Krink side folder, SBR, custom built...

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
A 1990 pre-lock 6 shot S&W 686 with 4 inch barrel. Such a stupid decision to sell when I needed a little cash.

Posts: 4455 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson 29-2. Very clean. Sold it to a good friend of mine who lusted over it for a pittance. Sadly he was later killed and when I offered to buy it back from his widow for substantially than he paid me for it it was among the many items of his that could not be located. It seems some unscrupulous family members went through his things and helped themselves while she was dealing with the loss.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Smith 629 no dash four inch P&R.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Endless list:
P7 (including a .40). BHP. Pythons. Steyr AUG.
FN/FAL. FN/FNC. Galil. 38 Super P220. Round butt 66s and 19s. S&W 58. 1903A3. Diamondbacks, .22 included. Round butt Model 10s, 13s and 65s.
Aaah, hindsight. Great, aint it?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The three that come to mind are S&W M41, 6" 686 and a Colt Gold Cup that was a tack driver. There are a few more but those three are at the top of the list.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
my SP2022

but I've only sold 4 guns ever.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Hands down, the H&K91 I bought in the mid 80's for $650, including collapsible stock and H&K factory claw-type scope mount. I made money when I sold it in the early 90's, but man, do I wish I still had it.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Only regret selling my HK p7m8’s and p7m13 years ago, but a father provides for his family. One day I’ll get them replaced.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1288 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
West German P228 unfired.
S&W 627-0
S&W 629 Classic Hunter
Colt Gold Cup Commander ( found out after I sold it that it was uber rare ) purchased new and paid what the going rate was for stainless commanders.
Colt Python 6" Nickel excellent condition. 36 rds. through it.

Not sorry as Mom needed medical goods not covered by Medicare. I didnt have cash available as we had just bought a home.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post