SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA Micro Dagger (43X clone) w/15rd mag incoming
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA Micro Dagger (43X clone) w/15rd mag incoming Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Ran about 150 rounds through each mag tonight using a 43x MOS I bought in January and a coworkers 43x of unknown age. His gun had bad problems with the Shield Arms mags after running a few hundred rounds through them. No issues with either mag in either gun. Our department has range quals all week so he’s going to keep them and put some more rounds through them at each range session. I’ll update as he does.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
sorry. we've been so busy at work. I finally had time to run my three mags. Ran two mags in my 43X MOS and one mag in a coworker's silver-slide 43X.
All mags were loaded with CCI 125gr Blazer Brass FMJ ammo and Federal 115gr JHP HST. So only a 90 round test.
Guns ate it all with no issue. That 15th round is hard to load by hand.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
One of the more common complaints with the Shield mags was that they didn’t sit forward in the mag well enough at the top. Many would place a divot with a punch from the inside out at the top of the spine of the mag in order to tilt it forward when locked in. How do the PSA mags compare when inserted?

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My buddy got his two magazines and neither will accept more than 4 rounds.
Even trying to use a magazine loader they will only accept 4 rounds. I need to pop the mags apart and reassemble them to see if that does anything?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've got a slide on the way, and waiting on the frames and some more mags to drop. I can't wait to see how it all works out, but the Daggers I have are flawless so far once I got them cleaned and lubed.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
200 rounds down range in my silver slide early G43X with the PSA micro dagger mags. No issues.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got three of these. Didn't have a ton of time today, but they worked with my PMM compensator. The Shield Arms mags did not.

I will take this combo out later this week and again next week and try to get 500-600 rounds through it.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Got a couple of Micro Dagger mags. Damn are they hard to load more than five rounds when new. The PSA rep said they would be better when they break in. I sure hope so.

Anyone know how to get the base plates off for disassembly and cleaning?

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Anyone know how to get the base plates off for disassembly and cleaning?

They come apart like most mags, press the baseplate retainer “button” on the bottom of the baseplate, and while holding it in, slide the baseplate forward and off of the magazine body. The PSA logo is the “button” part of the baseplate retainer.

Posts: 1626 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Aha, the hidden button. Thanks.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 3 plain ones have worked with no issues in my 43x mos for almost 1k rds now.
Will order the slick version eventually to try.
Just sold off my Shield mags and mag catch so I won’t be tempted to get the AF 1911-S15 to justify keeping the old mags. Roll Eyes

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget the mags, for a moment. I just want them to make more of the PISTOL so that I can get my hands on one. Even if it only functions with OEM Glock 10rd mags, I am waiting....

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I went on a camping trip last weekend and one of the guys had this and the G19 size Dagger.
I was really impressed. I don't shoot the small ones very well but I will be ordering the full and compact frame set and swap over my gen3 G19 slide.
They have them in stock for $120 for both. Now I can have a non finger groove Gen3 G45!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have two of the compact Daggers. Triggers are okay, but the grip feel is fantastic!

Not minority enough!

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm going to swap the trigger I have in my Gen3 Glock over to the Dagger frame.
I went ahead and orderred a complete slide assembly too. Now I'll have a complete pistol for the total price of $254.
I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV but I think I found a glitch in the Matrix. They are selling the complete pistols for $299 but you can get the complete slide for $194 and the frame for $60 and all that is left out in one P-Mag. Smoking deal if this proves reliable.
I went with the green frames and black slides for a cool two tone. Both full and compact frames since I have a lot of Glock mags for each.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

My Franken-G19X and compact Dagger arrived. I'll be taking them to the range this weekend to see how they do.