SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has the FDE themed guns subsided ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the FDE themed guns subsided ? Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
For a while, the FDE pistol color was the thing to have.

But, I've noticed it's not as common now.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno. They are still popular at our rental counter for people who have no idea of what they want to rent, other than whatever John Wick used or something that looks cool or a GLOCK forty or a Desert Eagle.

I've got to admit, and I'm not necessarily a GLOCK guy, that the OD GLOCKs were kind of nice looking.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I would say they have. We have been refinishing more then a few FDE guns here lately can't say if it is the color people got bored with or just the poor quality of the crap finish the manufactures were using

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Tan and cheap? That sounds just like my love life somehow...

But yeah, tan versions seem to linger a little longer over on ChodeChoker, FWTW.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I do not care about the color of my hammer. I just want to bang nails.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I still admire the many shades of flat dark earth accented by pure black controls on my M9A3.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I hope so. They look like dog shit. Literally!

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Personally I prefer a dark/black finish but if all I had was a pink or purple color as long as it went bang and propeled the projectile accurately it should not matter what color it was. ............ drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Now that the Troops are coming home from SWA, tacticool is switching back to black.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I hope so. They look like dog shit. Literally!

Yes, but technically that's tactical dog shit. Your more domestic dog shit is a bit darker because domestic dogs don't get as much exercise.

Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I do not care about the color of my hammer. I just want to bang nails.

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Is it time for OD green to shine?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
So is grey ever going to be a thing?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have a 320 and 365 in FDE and like them both a lot.

But if Sig were to put out a gray version of either one I may be tempted to sell the FDE's Wink

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Is it time for OD green to shine?

Green used to be my absolute least favorite, but somehow it's growing on me. I guess just the desire for something different. Mostly I'm a black gun guy.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The Next Big Thing: Primer Grey firearms.

I'm not sure I'm kidding.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Already a thing, actually. See, for example, recent iterations of PSA's Dagger 9mm. They're invisible to night vision, dontchaknow.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Now that the Troops are coming home from SWA, tacticool is switching back to black.

That was my immediate thought as well when I read the title of the thread.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Polka Dot should be next, or a Burberry pattern.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I still see a lot of them. The only two I have are my M18 and a P365. I didn’t buy those because of the location of any of our soldiers I assure you. If I’d found them in black on the day that I bought them I’d have bought them in black.

I’m not going to say that I don’t care about the color of guns since I don’t want a purple or turquoise one, but modern semi-automatic pistols don’t really visually appeal to me anyway. OD, black, FDE…it’s all the same to me. They are tools. Same as the OD green furniture on one of my ARs. I didn’t buy it for the looks, I bought it because it was on sale and the black wasn’t.

I like revolvers and older semi-auto guns like the 1911. Those guns I buy for form as much as function. Maybe the only modern gun that I’ve ever seen in FDE that I actually liked is one of those FN compacts. The 509 maybe? I don’t own one but I do think that’s a good looking gun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post