SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has the FDE themed guns subsided ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has the FDE themed guns subsided ? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A few members mentioned grey. I think there was/is an attempt to make this the next cool kid color. Glock has made a few runs of pistols in this color, and I happen to own one. I like it because I like grey, not because of anything tactical about it. It’s the only plastic gun I own that isn’t black, though.

Posts: 17195 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
I hope so. They look like dog shit. Literally!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's better than the awful cerakote camoflage that was the rage for a time, when everyone had to use the local fauna as a stencil then post a picture of their rifle; can you spot my rifle? That, and spiderman firearms, american flag firearms, and everything else that anyone with a rattle can could come up with, that looked like it was done by a third grader.

Then of course the dyed firearms...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
What is 'SWA"? South West Airlines? Sustainable Washington Alliance? Single Wire Armor? Secure Web Authentication!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15908 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is 'SWA"?

That be SW Asia if I were to guess. And considering where on the planet where we'd have troops coming back from, and where FDE colored weapons would make a high degree of sense and need.

FDE isn't going anywhere as a color, just due to what I just wrote. It's the Middle East/SW Asia, after all. Armed conflict is ingrained there. And FDE fits right in. On that level there continues to be an actual need. As for the shade's popularity among civilians, yes it still exists. For instance, FDE Hellcats is our most requested color with that model. And no question for us that a SCAR in its multi-FDE glory is the most lusted version, more so than the basic black which sort of disappears into the black rifle landscape, if you can ever imagine a SCAR just blending in.

-MG

Posts: 2007 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I own a gray G20, mainly because it’s a bit different, and it’s in the best mm. Smile
Also, it is cast/molded in gray, not cerakoted aftermarket, so the frame is gray all the way through.
And I have a SIG Scorpion 1911 in a kinda FDE color.

I know this: if you lay a black firearm on the tailgate of your pickup on a sunny summer day in East Texas, you may not be able to pick it up in a few minutes.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Factory FDE makes a good base to krylon camo your firearms.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing says, "I'm going to turn this perfectly good firearm into a redneck piece of junk that won't sell for ten bucks," like krylon.

Or a home cerakote job.

Or home camoflage.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nobody is going to cry about a camouflaged Glock.

Posts: 9980 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
A few members mentioned grey. I think there was/is an attempt to make this the next cool kid color. Glock has made a few runs of pistols in this color, and I happen to own one. I like it because I like grey, not because of anything tactical about it. It’s the only plastic gun I own that isn’t black, though.

I had forgotten about the grey GLOCKs. I recall thinking they were sort of cool as they would have matched our grey and black uniforms, but I wasn't stylish enough to actually get one.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How about the Battleworn models, some are pretty well done, hey every gun doesn't have to be black... Big Grin

Posts: 23560 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The Next Big Thing: Primer Grey firearms.

I'm not sure I'm kidding.

Magpul sells a lot of urban Gray AR foreends and stocks. Maybe if you are building a dedicated 300 blackout or other non traditional caliber AR it would be much easier to visually identify it.

I always kinda liked the greenish glocks.

Posts: 4783 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
See, saying SWA makes you a really tacticool Tier 1 operator, compared to wannabe mall ninjas who are saying "sandbox".

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about all of my guns are good ole blued/black. I am not even a fan of the stainless and nickel finishes.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I'm really diggin' my Sig P320 M17 in FDE. I really think Sig did a great job on this one.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
See, saying SWA makes you a really tacticool Tier 1 operator, compared to wannabe mall ninjas who are saying "sandbox".

Where as if you just said "the shithole" everyone would understand.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
I'm really diggin' my Sig P320 M17 in FDE. I really think Sig did a great job on this one.

Same here, but with the black controls I'm still making jokes about the pistol looking like Snoopy.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Polka Dot should be next, or a Burberry pattern.

My LGS had 2 Smith 642’s that had Louis Vuitton cerakote finishes. Apparently high maintenance ladies in Dallas like them.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was never really interested in the FDE color but after buying a M18,the color just seems to fit it, so my feelings have changed.

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I just purchased my first FDE a Sig P320 AXG Scorpion.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post