SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN is back in the game with an All-New High Power?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN is back in the game with an All-New High Power? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted

Could be just an unverified rumor

https://www.reddit.com/r/guns/...4/new_fn_high_power/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that’s the only new production version I want though. I’m very glad to see they are bringing them back. I was waiting a year or so to see how the SA models panned out but I’ll take a risk on this the first day I see one.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That tears it! This one goes on the wish list. Definitely looks like the High Power will be contending for Handgun of the Year 2022.

ETA: it's not on their website as yet. Maybe someone let the cat out of the bag a few days ahead of any news release? I'll stay tuned.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Bwaaahahahaha!

Like the Colt Mustang, yes? Browning claims production costs force high enough sales prices that there just isn't a market for the Hi-Power anymore. Someone else proves it can be done cheaper and that there's a market for it. Now we have an FN version bursting onto the 2022 scene - and I'm seeing karma come running to take a bite out of Springfield Armory's and Girsan's Erdogan-loving behinds.

My congrats to the Hi-Power fans - options are a good thing to have.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
"streamlined barrel lockup design" likely means SIG P226 style IMO. Weird.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Now we have an FN version bursting onto the 2022 scene - and I'm seeing karma come running to take a bite out of Springfield Armory's and Girsan's Erdogan-loving behinds.

Haha! FN: "Springfield's making a High Power? WE make a High Power, don't we? I thought so. Hey Phil, slap some ambi controls on that thing, offer it in FDE and call it an update. Springfield can go shit in their hat."

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Ok, why does it look so wrong? Aside from the ambi controls and internal extractor.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Ok, why does it look so wrong? Aside from the ambi controls and internal extractor.
Trigger profile is wrong, grip profile is wrong, slide profile is wrong.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I think it’ll be worth a look.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looks like shit. It isn't a High Power. I imagine this is FNH-USA's deal. As far as I'm concerned, their pistols are shit.

Posts: 107589 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Goes to show what I know I always thought it was Hi-Power.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because it’ an “FM” NOT FN!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
That aint no Hi Power. An easy pass.....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they left out the one thing that is needed the most - beavertail to prevent hammer bite.

Guess I'll just have to spring for a Nighthawk or Novak BHP at some point...

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It might be good. It's got a signature 17-round magazine.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Because it’ an “FM” NOT FN!

Eh? Where do you see it's an Argentine model?

FWIW this doesn't float my boat at all. Of the current crop the SA35 holds the most promise once they fix the extractor issues. This from a FN MKIII and FM M90 Detective owner

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16217 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
It might be good. It's got a signature 17-round magazine.
That ain't shit without a Grip Zone.

Posts: 107589 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Notice whenever someone says "reimagined" the thing they "reimagined" is significantly inferior to the original thing?

I'll pass...

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
The front lockup looks totally different

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I kind of like it...

Here's a link to FN's web page for it:

https://fnamerica.com/highpower/

I might have to get one just because of where they are made..... Columbia S.C. Maybe they have a factory outlet store?

I kind of like the look, except for the grip:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post