SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
That's exciting news!

I can't help but think that without Bruce and Para, Sig never would have done it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of a sudden I need a new gun.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
THINGS GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Couldn't have said it any better. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
In single action only...

[drool]

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, I have half a dozen 10mm 1911's that I can dump. A 220 in 10mm, from the factory! Fantastic news.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think this could be a popular gun. Kudos to Bruce for helping to make this happen, esp. when you consider the effect it will have on his bottom line in losing the P220->10mm conversion business.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I might have to consider adding another caliber. Sure would like to see a carry in that line-up.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fondling a Glock 10 just the other day and almost jumped.
To hell with that. I will wait with the patience of a buzzard to get a P220 in 10.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Looks like I may finally be getting around to buying my long awaited first P220... in 10mm!!!

This really is amazing news.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Aluminum or stainless frame? All the 10mm pistols I've heard of had either steel or polymer frames. I thought there was a good reason for that.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW, can't wait.

Posts: 4008 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: September 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
Aluminum or stainless frame?

Per parabellum’s first post:

“P220 Stainless Elite 10mm, standard length slide and barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

P220 Match Elite 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, traditional DA/SA trigger

P220 SAO 10mm, stainless, long slide, 5" barrel, single action only trigger”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There may be a Glock 20 on the market when Sig releases these.

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doveryai,
no proveryai.
Picture of SIG_P226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
My sincere thanks to SIG-Sauer for allowing SIGforum to make this announcement. If there is any pistol/caliber combination one can associate with this forum, it's the once mythical P220 in 10mm, and it means a lot to me to be the one to break the news.
I can't think of any other platform that is better than SigForum for this announcement, great publicity for Sig that is second to none.

.)))*"((((((( *¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*
>>> o <<<
.\___~___/
Get some, then get some more ... ST10
Success in handgun marksmanship is about operating the pistol, not hitting the target. - Bruce Gray
Knowledge is power, ONLY when you share it. - Me
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3662 | Location: Cop Land | Registered: September 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see a run on 10mm brass coming!!

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it didn't have a rail or beavertail. Congrats to Bruce, his employees, Para and the SF members who kept the dream alive!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Hell YES!!!!

as I said long ago: one day everyone will own a P-220, or wish they did.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post

I'm speechless ..

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
This is worthy of the "something big" promise. I am really looking forward to getting one of these. I hope they offer a non-rail model also.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post