SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Here is the first add I've seen for one. This will be too expensive for me.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...0+10mm#page=0&top=1&

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2039 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
... that giant PEZ dispenser of utter destruction ...

Quote of the day.
Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

If indeed they are privy to early pricing, my guess is this is MSRP, not a street price which should be a few hundred less.

What do they mean by Romeo MRD and Camo?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
$1770?

no thank you.

I'm interested in 10mm users/service pistols, not unicorn collecting.

even at a street price of $1200 or some such, I now doubt my interest will sustain.

collecting aside, which isn't my thing, I just don't have any use for $1200+ pistols anymore.

and I recognize it's an arbitrary number, but still - my interest just took a steep nose dive.

(wait and see mode)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIG-Sauer will sell every one of these pistols they produce. Don't like the price? Don't buy it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:

In looking here, 1770 appears to be MSRP so street price should be considerably lower. That's also for the elite SAO model, which always tends to be a couple hundo more than a standard one:

http://www.roysgunworks.com/SI...MEO-MRD_p_23999.html

However, I'm interested to know what ROMEO-MRD stands for and also what exactly is 'camo' on it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I prepared myself for a $1,500 investment, give or take. I knew, based on other Stainless Elite models, that this would carry a premium price tag over those even.

If I wanted a Glock 10mm, I know they've been available for cheap, but that doesn't appeal to me. Now, If Sig wanted to do a P320 in 10mm, I'd do that.

For me, it can't come soon enough. Besides, if Para's CUT is true, I should have enough inner peace to rival the Dalai Lama

To each their own.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

I wonder if "ROMEO MRD" = Mini Red Dot?

Not sure about the Romeo part, but an MRDS would increase the price $250-400.

Our shop has an agreement with a local cerakote outfit that does national-level contracts. I've seen their three color camo and it looks great, but it's basically refinishing the gun 3 times (once for each color). Lots of labor, lots of time. 3 Color camo for a pistol runs at least $300 if not more.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ROMEO MRD? "LOVE OR MIGHT REGRET DOING"?

IF IT IS SIG ACCESSORY PARTNER "MRD", results have been usually high price, low quality! Thank God that doesn't seem to apply to their guns!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
I'd spend $1300 or so on a Sig Elite in 10MM and be glad it only cost that much as I suspect with Bruce Grey's input Sig will do it right.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

I wonder if "ROMEO MRD" = Mini Red Dot?

Not sure about the Romeo part, but an MRDS would increase the price $250-400.

Our shop has an agreement with a local cerakote outfit that does national-level contracts. I've seen their three color camo and it looks great, but it's basically refinishing the gun 3 times (once for each color). Lots of labor, lots of time. 3 Color camo for a pistol runs at least $300 if not more.

That's what I was thinking. It says under finish: "stainless/camo"....can't figure it.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Things will become clearer, shortly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Now that I have the money saved, I'm getting really anxious. I was planning on 1400-1500 for the SAO Elite.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
That's what I was thinking. It says under finish: "stainless/camo"....can't figure it.

The gun will have to be stainless--making a 10mm pistol with an aluminum frame would be...unwise.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

Remember, these pistols will be even more heavily sprung than ours,
-Bruce

why?

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:

The gun will have to be stainless--making a 10mm pistol with an aluminum frame would be...unwise.

Well yeah, but under the 'finish' attribute it almost seems as if it's a two tone or something

Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Anyone else want to imagine a P220 10mm Combat with a threaded barrel? Drool. Big Grin

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Threaded barrel? Not much call for suppressed 10mm. Subsonic 10mm ammo is called .40 S&W. Wink

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
Anyone else want to imagine a P220 10mm Combat with a threaded barrel? Drool. Big Grin

You gonna put a flash suppressor on that thing?

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Me thinks ROMEO = Rail