SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 carry? Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will likely get one.

My needs for a small/light plastic carry 9mm are already met -- they are a dime a dozen in the current market. What I don't have is a carry 9mm with an exceptional trigger, handling and accuracy.

I do a good deal of shooting at extended range, and appreciate a pistol that makes it easy. Of course it's not the original Swiss P210 -- I have one of those too, and it's a work of art. But I don't need another one -- I want the closest thing to it that is practical for concealed carry.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm, a large pistol that only holds 8 rounds of 9mm and it’s gonna cost 1,000+ ? This thing is gonna flop like a pancake. Way to go sig. now quit wasting your time and give us something we’ve actually been asking for like a 220 in .38 super or a 10mm P320, and while you’re at it enough with the rainbow slide and other goofy ass color scheme guns and bring back stuff like the 226/220 Combat, or even the equinox..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's probably not lost on Sig-Sauer that some attention must be paid to the top-of-the-line, in addition to the predictable cash cow models.

In the current market, it's got to be hard to develop/retain brand recognition and loyalty by churning out another slight variation on the same semi-disposable, injection-molded pistol that everyone else is making.

So, Walther is still making the PPK. Colt is re-introducing the Python. Etc. They want to sell their plastic models that cost less than $100 to produce. But one way to do that is show the customer that the brand knows how to produce something special, too.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
Hmm, a large pistol that only holds 8 rounds of 9mm and it’s gonna cost 1,000+ ? This thing is gonna flop like a pancake. Way to go sig. now quit wasting your time and give us something we’ve actually been asking for like a 220 in .38 super or a 10mm P320, and while you’re at it enough with the rainbow slide and other goofy ass color scheme guns and bring back stuff like the 226/220 Combat, or even the equinox..

They seem to have no problem selling all of the P210A Target and Standard models that they make. This thing will sell perfectly fine.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metric:
In the current market, it's got to be hard to develop/retain brand recognition and loyalty by churning out another slight variation on the same semi-disposable, injection-molded pistol that everyone else is making.

And was meant to beat an even more common semi-disposable injection-molded pistol rather than create some kind of new space in the market. Yeah, I hadn't thought of it, but that does have to be one of the few downsides possible to selling metric boatloads of the 320 and 365.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are so many excellent carry guns including several from Sig themselves that I just don't get this gun. Other than a pure Sig connoisseur I just don't get it.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
An aluminum frame version of a P210 isn’t a P210. Sig Exeter screws the pooch again.
If they can’t make a steel frame carry version of such an iconic handgun, there’s zero hope of a P938 all-steel model. Frown
)

Someone better tell Colt that their Lightweight Commander really isn't a 1911.

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y'all can hate all you want. I enjoy the heck out of my two. Looking for more mags now.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Fredward, after shootin them thangs for 3 1/2 years, you might wanna replace some springs and other wear parts, too.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been meaning to come back and post in this thread for a while. Enough time has gone that I can confidently make my assertions.

Some of you guys are nuts. Respectfully.

I really love mine, and wanted it ever since para posted that damn photo of the carry version from an older book.

Now, I get it, and as I type this, my P365 is in a VM2. The P210 carry is not going to beat the weight, magazine capacity, or size of the P365.

There are dozens of other pistols, which have the same characteristics and beat the pants off the p210 carry IN THOSE AREAS.

Now, having carried and shot one for a prolonged amount to time, I can tell you, it’s damn classy. In addition, for me it’s more accurate, and easier to carry (ha!).

Need to do a 25 yard hit? How about 50 yards, from the holster, cold. It’s almost cheating with this gun.CLANG! Want something super slim for business attire, shoulder holster perhaps? This is your man.

It’s not a hammer folks, it’s a connoisseur firearm, elegant, refined. dare I say, not as clumsy as a simple blaster?

Unfortunately, the only version you can now buy is the Masters Edition, which I admit is a bit “much”. It seems they have discontinued it, so maybe the demand is not what they had hoped for.

However, normal ones can still be had at reasonable prices, I suspect that will change. If you are on the fence, pick one up, you wont regret it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2507 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P210 Cary: Sure, every-day-carry finds a G42 as ideal, (P365 or P43 would be OK at greater mass).
However, have an organized activity in an indoor range usin modified IDPA rules - start with 6 rounds in firearm from a OWB holster and have at least two magazines/speed-loaders of 6 rounds each. Each course requires 12 to 18 rounds.
P210 is not slightly limited, nor are most revolvers. Just need to buy a third magazine.
Opinions on OWB, pancake holster that is actually available and not as expensive as MiltSparks? SIG sells one, but must be others.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since the question was "Who would," well, I would. Matter of fact, I did. I have the standard AND the custom shop 210 Carry with the pretty finish. Not all guns have to be perfect combat tools. Some of them, matter of fact, most of them in my case are fun guns. Both guns are very accurate.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post