SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 carry?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 carry? Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I’m glad it doesn’t have ambi safeties. I hate ‘em. It literally doubles the odds of the gun being knocked off safe while holstered. And, unlike a 1911, there’s no grip safety. So that’s a good thing. Alloy frame makes sense for a carry piece. The controls, hammer and trigger should be white and it’s literally crying out for some nice walnut stocks.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
So if you lengthen a 210 like any of the numerous target and Mastershop versions, it's still a 210.

But if you shorten it, it's...not...a 210?

Do I understand correctly?

Confused

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
So if you lengthen a 210 like any of the numerous target and Mastershop versions, it's still a 210.

But if you shorten it, it's...not...a 210?

Do I understand correctly?

Confused

Not just shorten it, Oat. Make it out of recycled beer cans, too.

And if that's not reason enough to be upset, we can complain that SIG is never going to come to market with it anyway. And if they come to market with it, we'll move on to the short production life the model will enjoy.

It's strange to lament the announcement of a new pistol - any pistol - so strongly. Particularly one which, despite not occupying the concealed carry sweet spot on paper, SIG is still willing to come out with. Almost as if they're prioritizing what the fan base has been clamoring for. For shame.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://www.americanrifleman.o...XicM8gw7edo.facebook

American rifleman has 5 new Sigs preview at shot. Includes the p210 carry

P210 Carry

One of the legendary guns in the SIG lineup is the original P210, a single-stack, single-action, hammer-fired handgun that served for decades as the dedicated sidearm of the Swiss military. SIG Sauer excited handgun fans with the launch of U.S.-made models in the form of the P210 Standard and the P210 Target. However, consumers asked for a carry-ready version, and they got it in 2020 in the form of the P210 Carry.

This P210 Carry features a shortened barrel, night sights and an aluminum frame, making it the perfect size and weight for CCW use.
However, even despite these changes, it still retains all of the features that fans love about the P210 platform, including the ergonomics, crisp single-action trigger, hammer-fired operating system and the 8-round magazine capacity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Here's the thing about the 1911 and the P210. And, aluminum or steel has nothing to do with it.

The 1911 has over 100 years of history and is showing no diminished enthusiasm. There tons of 1911 makers out there, and parts support is limitless. It's not going away anywhere anytime soon. If one maker, or even ten, goes out of business, who cares. Folks don't have to worry about it, because support of it will still be plenty around. And, the gun can be had by anyone, from folks with limited budget to those with millions to throw around.

Now, the P210 has what, over 50 years of history? Most of the guns are Swiss. Sure, there are many that were exported to other countries, but most remained in Switzerland. The gun remains prohibitively expensive, hence out of reach for most shooters. It was discontinued in 2005. How is that parts support working out for current owners of the Swiss guns in the US? Original parts are hard to find and you'll have to pay through the nose.

The gun was reintroduced in 2009 by SIG DE in the Legend, and subsequently, the Super Target, but again, they are quite expensive. And, parts are not interchangeable with the Swiss P210, and, if you need service and parts for the German P210, good luck going on Brownells or TGS and pick the parts out. How many reputable gunsmiths in the US work on the P210, compared to the 1911?

Now, with SIG USA making the P210 American (Target and Standard), and now, maybe the Carry, that are much more affordable, the problem remains. Parts are not interchangeable with the Euro P210s. And, with a very limited fan base (compared to the 1911), how long do you think SIG is going to keep in the lineup. Once it's discontinued, which is likely pretty soon, how long will SIG service your guns with their limited parts supply?

You're not wrong. The solution is to buy two. Razz

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Aaaaannndd parts. How many of us are keeping how many discontinued pistols running?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I like the 210s, Swiss, German and the, apparently terrible POS, American version. I could carry a 210, but don't. IF I was going to carry a 210, something like the new aluminum framed "Carry" version would seem like a good option. I used to carry a full size steel 1911. At some point I invested in a Commander. Not because the barrel/slide was shorter,but simply because it didn't weigh my pants down so much over the course of a long day. I don't consider aluminum as durable as steel. But was/am willing to forgo steel's durability, in exchange for aluminum's light weight.
I understand that with the plethora of inexpensive, tiny, plastic framed, high capacity 9MMs available,the vast majority of buyers won't consider, or even be aware of, something like a larger, heavier, $1000+, 8+1 capacity pistol. I seriously doubt the 210A carry model will be a hot seller, and suspect that within a relatively few years it will be unceremoniously discontinued...

NRA Life

Posts: 1565 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rock185: I seriously doubt the 210A carry model will be a hot seller, and suspect that within a relatively few years it will be unceremoniously discontinued...

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Aaaaannndd parts. How many of us are keeping how many discontinued pistols running?

Yes, those are my thoughts exactly. A limited production run before it's discontinued, and those who decided to purchase will be left scrambling for parts and magazines, like with the original P225, the P239, and now the P225-a1...

Posts: 53 | Registered: July 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I finally found a good picture with the slide closed...
Source: https://www.outdoorhub.com/new...r-p210-carry-pistol/

That site also said something that makes me think there's a possibility we might never actually see this thing:
"The on-site Sig spokesman advise that the model available on site is essentially a prototype and that they will be a few tweaks before the Sig P210 Carry is available mid-2020. One change anticipated; additional texturing added to the G10 grips. Selling price expected for the Sig P210 is $1300."

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think it's great that they're doing this and this pistol gets my vote for most likely to be a scarce and desirable SIG in the future. Somehow, I don't see a lot of these being made. It's an awful long way from home, but if it lives up to the reliability and accuracy reputation of its parent, it'll be a thing to behold.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107594 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad that SIG Sauer US dropped the P210A Standard. I suspect it's because of the LSI import deal with SIG Sauer DE and the P210 Legend looking a lot like the Standard. I don't have any interest in the P210A's Target model with the gaudy grips and FCS or the new Carry model. My wallet is most sad. $1200 for the Standard versus 2x or probably more for the Legend.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SS:
Sad that SIG Sauer US dropped the P210A Standard. I suspect it's because of the LSI import deal with SIG Sauer DE and the P210 Legend looking a lot like the Standard. I don't have any interest in the P210A's Target model with the gaudy grips and FCS or the new Carry model. My wallet is most sad. $1200 for the Standard versus 2x or probably more for the Legend.

The standard was/is the only damn one that I'm interested in buying and they discontinue it...…..the Target's grips are a complete no go for me......not going to spend the extra money to buy the target, then spend even more on normal grips that I can fit my entire hand on.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You know what I like about the Carry? The full length dust cover. 4-inch barreled pistol with a full LDC that is non-railed. Just looks very nice.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is neat and all, but supply for the 210A Target and Standard is still not stable. Maybe that's by design.

(And yes, I know there are places that have them in stock, but the dealer distributors I use have them very sporadically)

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Make it out of recycled beer cans, too.

I know you're being sarcastic, but this argument always makes me laugh when folks are serious about it.

You use high stress items every single day that are made out of aluminium. It is the most abundant metal on earth and infinitely recyclable.

If it can be used for cylinder heads, engine blocks, valves, HPT blades, rocket parts, tank armor, etc... I'm sure it'll be just fine for the loose tolerances and relatively low stress life of a damn 9mm pistol frame. I fondly remember using a Zeiss CMM to check +/- .0004 tolerances on aluminum products that lived in a much more stressful environment than a P210 frame.

Rest easy my aluminum hating brethren. Those melted beer cans will do a fine job.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Count me in. One S&W and a whole lotta SIGs

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ See, I'm perfectly happy that way myself.

BTW, I know the pistol in the picture is still something of a prototype, but I hope they keep those lines. I'm really diggin' that look.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just don't go all rail happy and ruin a perfectly nice looking gun. You hear that, SIG? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hey, that's my line!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post