SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Gas Pedals" Yea or Nay?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Gas Pedals" Yea or Nay? Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Nay for me.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, they're big and bulky but at least they're ugly, LOL!

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Would I go out of my way to buy the Armoury Craft P-Series pedal? Doubt it.

My latest came with one. I have no decernable preference either way.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Depends on the gas pedal. The Armory Craft Gas Pedal mentioned earlier? Absolutely worth it. It's not a great deal of money, it's billet tool steel vs the MIM Sig uses, and it doesn't interfere with any holsters because it's not a giant wart.

https://www.armorycraft.com/pr...sport-takedown-lever

This thing?

Get me some hey with my nay...

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Kinda. Mine came with a P227. The Sig lever is a two piece steel unit. AC is one piece of tool steel as you mentioned.

Quality piece, but I can make better use of the hundred bucks. Magazines, slide stop, baseplates, etc...

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be the contradicting idiot here; I generally like using 'em. Do I think all of my guns should have them? Well that would depend on how much I want to improve my off-hand thumb's ability to aid in countering muzzle rise energy. If there's another design feature that is already being used on a gun (like Shadow System's integrated 'perch shelf' on their frames), then no it doesn't need another add-on. But if the side of a frame is near flush with the side of the slide above, then yeah I'd rather have a ledge rather than a scalloped divot or a stuck on patch of textured grip tape for my thumb to garner some hold-down friction pressure during recoil. I like the utility of the add-on shelf on my TS2 Racing Green even if it looks kinda 'bubba' in its means of attachment. I believe I do shoot quicker with better control using these things and thumb rest strategies.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
320fan, are you going to tell these guys who you are? It might be beneficial for all those interested in this subject.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Probably one of GG (not GGI) employees. Lol.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say doesn't matter at least to me.

I just spend a day at Sig freedom day.

Some of the pistols had them, some didn't.

I did not feel any difference either way.

I only shot 1 or mags per pistol but it was neither help nor hindrance.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 320fan:
Some of these older posts have misinformation.
Not the best approach, especially on your first post.

You may want to identify yourself for the benefit of the members.

The "gas pedal" people (and their lawyers) are fanatical in their efforts to find people using the term wrong. Roll Eyes Doing more harm to the brand than good over the years IMO.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Are you serious? You've seen this in other forums?

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My FIL has one on his Open gun for USPSA. It’s a 2011 Grand Master in 38Super Comp. He’s ranked as a M in the open category . It most certainly helped him get that high. He’s starting to slow down as he ages and probably won’t make GM.

I’ve shot his and it works for what it’s designed to do. But I would not put one on a CCW gun.
—————————————————————

Edited to add: after talking to him, it’s a “thumb rest”

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, the picture is coming into focus now. Roll Eyes

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Are you serious? You've seen this in other forums?

In years past, sadly yes.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've got a bead on it now.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The "gas pedal" people (and their lawyers) are fanatical in their efforts to find people using the term wrong. Roll Eyes Doing more harm to the brand than good over the years IMO.

And what? Threatened them with cease and desist order?

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"There's no such thing as bad PR."

Many people believe this, but I don't.

posted Hide Post
Personally, no. I shoot competitions (poorly I might add) and have no pedal, compensator and no other device would help me improve. The folks who are GM's, M's etc in USPSA Open make good use of them. I cant imagine having one on any carry pistol.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
IT'S NOT A TOOMAH!!

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I see how it might help in a speed competition but my only comment is I've never noticed my support hand thumb getting tired while I shoot and so can't really see the need for a place for it to 'rest'.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post