SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what does one of these beauties cost.

I'd suggest calling GGI directly. I don't know if they are currently taking on new custom projects or what the pricing is currently.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
VERY NICE! I have a few questions...

Is the barrel QPQ/Superblack, too? Also curious about the guiderod. I know there are no aftermarket options currently available, did it come with a "solid" steel one from SIG, or did GGI fab you one up?

Based on the below from the offer thread:
"Each pistol will be built around a hard-fit Bar-Sto 10mm barrel made to our updated specifications, with fully supported chambers and enhanced locking surfaces. Your pistol will be converted to the 10mm cartridge using the improved system developed from our previous experience.

Other standard 220-10 Package features include: a comprehensive duty action package developed specifically for the 10mm; GGI's new 24X recoil spring and matching SuperBlack FAT rod; full feed and reliability workup; custom bar-stock Tacticool magazine release; detailed polishing and light de-horning work; magazine well bevel; SuperBlack finish throughout; and four improved magazines, with additional magazines available upon request."

I'd say that the barrel was SuperBlack and the guiderod is a GGI SuperBlack FAT rod.

I was unsure if GGI was doing barrels as standard. Back when I had my P226 done, they were not, it was by request only, IIRC.

The guiderod you listed will not fit this pistol, either.

Posts: 1372 | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd really like one of these: but don't know if I can bear "conversion" of my limited production all nitron 220ST?

Bruce, are you going to offer a 40S&W conversion barrel, so this less expensive ammo can be used? Barsto made one for a good friend and customer's Glock 20? Require a custom single stack mag?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was unsure if GGI was doing barrels as standard. Back when I had my P226 done, they were not, it was by request only, IIRC.

Okay, so the nice lady with the brown truck stopped by today. Turns out the barrel is not SuperBlacked. The guiderod however, is clearly a GGI SuperBlack FAT guiderod, as advertised in the offer.

To the best of my knowledge, GGI makes FAT guiderods for multiple pistols. In addition to this one, my P228 also has one.

Best regards,

-Nick

P.S. Sorry for the sucky photos. Best I can do with an iPad and my nonexistent photog skills.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Okay, so the nice lady with the brown truck stopped by today. Turns out the barrel is not SuperBlacked. The guiderod however, is clearly a GGI SuperBlack FAT guiderod, as advertised in the offer.

To the best of my knowledge, GGI makes FAT guiderods for multiple pistols. In addition to this one, my P228 also has one.

Best regards,

-Nick

P.S. Sorry for the sucky photos. Best I can do with an iPad and my nonexistent photog skills.

For your pistol, yes, but it is not a match pistol as the one I inquired about. Your pistol has a 4.4" barrel, and can use a GGI guiderod. The 5" match pistols cannot, as their guiderods have a "step" on them so that they can function with a "regular" recoil-spring. GGI does not at this time advertise a guiderod of these dimensions to my knowledge. I also noted your barrel is shiny, where-as the one I inquired about was black. I wonder if it's request only like my pistol was, or if they stopped doing them?

Either way, beautiful piece! Congratulations!

Posts: 1372 | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
@ACPFAN: Thanks for the education about the Match pistols. One would have thought I'd have figured something might have been different with a longer barrel, but apparently I was asleep at the keyboard... Roll Eyes

Thanks also for the congrats. I'm thrilled with it. It has been a wait, but clearly well worth it!

Best regards,

-Nick

Life support terminated
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
quote:
Originally posted by West Texas Granny:
So what does one of these beauties cost. Just bought a S&W 610 so something in a semi-auto would be nice to have.
Depending on options you are looking at $1700+

And that is with you supplying the base pistol.

I was shooting two of my favorite 10MM firearms just last Sunday.

You just had to show that picture of that MP 5 in 10mm. Now there is another gun on my to buy list. Does it ever end. I hope not. Nice looking guns there.

Posts: 91 | Registered: November 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roving_Bohemian
posted Hide Post
WOW.

Growing up in Europe, I have always felt 9mm was "adequate" for anything I might encounter in my habitat (more Urban than Wilderness), but recently I got caught up reading about a Dan Wesson 10mm, then had an hour long conversation with a hardware store clerk about his Glock 10mm, to which I replied that though the 10s were beginning to intrigue me, my hands just don't settle well on Glocks, but are quite comfy on SIGs. He countered with "SIG doesn't make 10mm" and now I find that though they do NOT, GGI DOES! Eek

Oh, for a few $$ more! Razz

Na, I gotta save up for my 228 first.... Wink But Beautiful guns, GGI! Congratulations to all of you forum-ites that own them!!!! Big Grin

=====================

"This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob, and the press, and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the River of Truth, and tell the whole world "No, YOU move.” - J Michael Straczynski
----------
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke
- "Keep your weapon handy, live free. and prosper."- FotoTomas
- "He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine
- "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama
"I put no stock in religion. By the word ‘Religion’ I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the ‘Will of God.’ Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is in your head, and in your heart, and by what you decide to do every day: will you be a good man, Or not." - Kingdom of Heaven (2005)

Posts: 130 | Location: The Sandbox, Middle East | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gandog56:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean407:
Someone should post this on 10mmtalk.

There is a post there with a link to this topic.

http://www.ar15armory.com/foru...alk-Forums-f187.html

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd buy one if only I could get ammo for it before 2020

Are you kidding? Check gunbot.net or gun-deals/ammo. 10mm is CHEAPER than 9mm right now. At the end of January, I bought some PRVI Partizan 180 grain JHP for $0.40 per round, this for brass cased, boxer primed, reloadable. This was cheaper than I picked up 200 grain Blazer aluminum in August '11 or 180 grain Federal XM10 FMJ in April '12.

Looking on gunbot, Midway has that same PPU for $0.42 per round NOW and Widener's has it for $0.48 per round. On gun-deals, PSA has it for $0.44 per round ($0.58 to my zip code in CA if I were crazy enough to order one box.

I'm almost tempted to buy more. Heck, it is cheaper than the cheapest available 9mm that gunbot has ($0.67/rd), cheaper than their cheapest .45 ACP ($0.46/rd, Natchez, look out for their shipping), cheaper than their cheapest .40 S&W ($0.48/rd, LAXammo, +shipping OUCH!), okay, .38 Special and .357 Magnum are cheaper, but those aren't semi-auto cartridges unless you are playing with a Coonan.

Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding me? I reload my 10mm ammo, and my gun seems to like them!

People say I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Posts: 345 | Location: Mobile, AL. | Registered: March 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeremiahjj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Glad to see this come to fruition.

Now it's time to see how many of those "Damn it, SIG, make a 10mm" people put their money where their mouths are. Wink

Oat

I would guess the cost and availability of 10mm ammo is what keeps Sig from manufacturing the pistol. I couldn't find/couldn't afford the ammo either, plus I didn't like the fact that factory stuff was little more than a souped up .40 caliber. That's why I got into reloading my own 10mm. My loads are on the same level as Buffalo Bore or Double Tap, but cost a lot less. (OK, if I figure in the reloader, etc., I'm still behind. But I'll catch up one of these days.)

SIGnature: Jere

Posts: 1369 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colo. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gandog56
posted Hide Post
I got tired of waiting. For just about the same price as one of these P220 conversions I got a custom made Fusion Firearms 6" long slide Traditional Hunter in 10mm!

NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post
Any plans to make a 10mm SIG 227 when the STs come out? I'm sorry if someone asked this already but 1,252 responses is a lot to read through.

Posts: 2284 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
A picture catalog of all the guns would be awesome without having to wade through 63 pages of posts.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice one Gandog!!

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find the pics -but didn't Bruce install some custom mag shoots/ mag funnels on a 220-10mm?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
I couldn't find the pics -but didn't Bruce install some custom mag shoots/ mag funnels on a 220-10mm?
A magazine funnel was an option. I am not sure who took it, I passed on mine

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:

I had one installed on mine and I am very pleased with the results, they are subtle, I believe SLOSIG has one in the pictures above.

NRA Endowment member, because who else is going to protect your 2nd amendment right?

Posts: 157 | Location: Roanoke, VA | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mhanna77
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for some items that were suppose to be shipped out on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 and then on Mon, 17 Jun 2013 and have not had any response from your email so i thought I might catch you here.

Base Pads - I don't have any on my mags, makes use difficult with the magwell.

New Mag Springs - You said this might help the feeding.

10rd Mags - Awaiting delivery on these.

Every round fired gets a significant dent in the side of the brass, I have been able to diagnose the problem - when ejected every case hits the slide (upper rear corner of the slide ejection port), I assume this is something that could be eliminated by adjusting the extractor. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Posts: 310 | Location: Cin-city | Registered: January 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post