SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
I know why it took so long. I always figured that I would always have some sort of mag extension on the mag I’d carry in the G26 so I might as well carry a G19. So, I’ve done that for over two decades.

A buddy and me did a trade a couple of months ago. The G26 was a gen3 so I stippled it and added some extended controls and night sights. I love this thing! All mags carried by our local agencies will work in my G26, which was the main reason I wanted it.

It’s not just a complete joy to shoot but it is really great to carry. I am just thrilled with it and still surprised how happy I am to have it. I’m a little miffed at myself for waiting so long. I still love my G19. But, the simplicity of the G26 with no light or optic just make it easy.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Loved my G26. It's my favorite Glock by far out of every one I've ever shot. If work was a Glock environment, I'd still be carrying mine every day. The only reason I let it go was to focus on platform commonality, and while I don't really regret that decision, I still really appreciate the G26 for what it is. For me it always carried like a dream, but sacrificed little to its larger siblings on the range.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
The 26/27 Glocks are in my opinion the perfect blend of compact size and great performance.
My current 27-G4 and 26-G5 carry well and shoot accurately, what more can you ask for.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 points. First, you did a very nice stipple job. Well done. Second, what’s with the red backstrap pin? Is it for any particular reason? It looks cool.

I need a 26. I probably would swap sights and add Overwatch Falx(sp).

Posts: 7497 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 blends a number of criteria to make it an all around useful carry.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Did you do the triggerguard mods? Looks good. That's my primary issue with Glocks but is fairly easy to resolve.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did the trigger guard under cuts, too. The pins are from a set I get for all of my Glocks. The ends of the pins are recessed which aids in disassembly. Probably not needed but I like them. The red pin is aluminum and comes in the set.

Thank you for the kudos on the stippling. It turned out much better than I thought it would. I’m very happy with it. I have a guy who works for me in my office part-time. He is a retired city detective. He has employed me to stipple and under cut all of his glocks. I think I have done 6-7 so far and two left to go. He doesn’t actually pay me but he has bought me some tools that make completing the job much easier. So, it’s a good trade.

I just wish I could find a nice cordless soldering iron that I can change the tips on. I hate messing with that cord.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough good things about the G26. I got one as soon as I could get my hands on it in early 1996. I own three- a gen2.5, a gen3 and a gen5. The gen3 has a stipple job by Cold Bore Customs.

Those who shoot the G26 will tell you that it's surprisingly accurate. They are, like all Glocks, highly reliable. The G26 will eat anything with a 9mm headstamp.

The G26 accepts all double column 9mm Glock mags, something no other Glock can claim (you can't put a G26 magazine in larger Glocks), including the 33 rounders. The G26 has parts commonality with larger Glocks of a given generation, and there's even some cross-generational interchangeability.

Next year will be the 30th anniversary of the G26. I wouldn't ever want to be without one.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A Gen5 26 retired my Sigp239(mainly due to P239 being discontinued). The 26, even w/ a G19 mag w/ X-grip in it is still a hair shorter than the P239. And Most of the time, that's how I carry it.
Being able to drop it down to 12 or 10 rnd mags is nice but I mostly carry it w/ 15. The X-grip sleeve feels good.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
It's an ankle gun that makes a convincing argument it's a service pistol. What's not to like?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks good. I’m glad you like it and it works for you. I’ve tried the G26. Sold it. Was issued a G27. Hated both of them. Never fit my hand right and never felt right in my holsters. Now the G43X. That is my choice, hands down, for a Glock sub-compact.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tarheelfan84
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes better late than never. I have owned and carried a Glock 26 since 2012 and it has been rock solid and never let me down. I have tried other options and to this day my old Gen 4 26 still remains the gold standard and is the one I keep circling back around to. Congrats on your new 26 and that stippling/undercut looks great, well done!

Posts: 677 | Location: WNC  | Registered: March 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I only owned one 9mm it would be my glock 26. I find I shoot it better than the larger models. It is not unusual for people to claim to shoot the subcompacts better- I don’t believe all the theories why, just know it is true. I have gone to matches where I have easily out shot people with red dot mounted 2011’s with my little 26.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, I’m one of the voices expressing my pleasant surprise at what a capable, accurate gun the G26 is. I sold my Gen4 not long ago in a consolidation effort and have begun to feel the pangs of longing for another one.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6694 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first one was back in the late 90's. Sold it before moving overseas for 6 years. Just bought a new gen 5 at the end of last year and so glad to have it again.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a couple of G26s in the mid-90s but sold each one not long after acquiring them-just didn't care for them.

I have a couple of G48X clones (CR920 and CR920P) and love them, but am thinking maybe a Gen 5 Glock 26 would fit in my life, too.

Here's my question: what is new/different in the Gen5 G26, if anything? They removed the finger grooves in the front of the grip is the only thing I see.

Maybe I should rephrase the question to this: What do I get with the Gen 5 G26 that I don't get in the Gen 3 G26? I was looking at a Gen3, sorta fancied up at Bud's. Sorely tempted.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
Maybe I should rephrase the question to this: What do I get with the Gen 5 G26 that I don't get in the Gen 3 G26?
Gen5 introduced the G26 MOS model if you want one that's OR and has a Pic rail.

Also, the locking blocks on Gen5s within the same caliber are identical now, which allows more options to swap barrels between guns. For instance, I've run a G34.5 barrel in a G26.5 before.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I bought a couple of G26s in the mid-90s but sold each one not long after acquiring them-just didn't care for them.

I have a couple of G48X clones (CR920 and CR920P) and love them, but am thinking maybe a Gen 5 Glock 26 would fit in my life, too.

Here's my question: what is new/different in the Gen5 G26, if anything? They removed the finger grooves in the front of the grip is the only thing I see.

Maybe I should rephrase the question to this: What do I get with the Gen 5 G26 that I don't get in the Gen 3 G26? I was looking at a Gen3, sorta fancied up at Bud's. Sorely tempted.

Bob

Gen5 introduced a few upgrades with respect to internal small parts and removed the finger grooves. Gen5 also gave all models the tapered muzzle and the nested recoil spring assembly design (spring within a spring). The G26 already had the tapered muzzle and nested RSA design from the very beginning, so the upgrades from Gen3 to Gen4 to Gen5 are less noticeable. However, if you care about such things, the Gen5 models now have front slide serrations and available OR slides.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 338 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you iron chef.

When the G43 came out, I thought it was fantastic, but I didn't like the small capacity, so I moved ot the 43X. My buddy resolved it by getting more 43s, last count 5, one on him, one in the truck and three somewhere else in the house/shop.

I moved on to the Shadow Systems a couple years or so ago because of the increased capacity over the 43X. The G19 is just too big for me to carry with shorts and T, though I know it's very popular. If I had a sweater, jacket or even a sweat shirt on, it'd be perfect, but a t...just doesn't work for me.

I think it very unlikely I'd change barrels in a 26 and I shoot iron sights better/faster than the red dots, so the MOS seems superfluous.

If there's nothing else really different between the Gen 3 and Gen 5, I may have to visit my LGS next week and see what comes home with me.

Thank you,

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Love the G26/27. One the better, smaller frame pistols out there!!!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14010 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post