SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I just re-acquired mine from the gun store I traded it in to. Just trying to find a good AIWB holster for it.

The 26 is a really great pistol that gets overlooked with the introduction of the micro 9's like the P365, etc. (While they do have their place, so does the G26...)

Shoots better, and has easier recoil than they do.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G26 once. Liked it a lot, had Mepros and used a +2 floor plate or a Pierce extension at any given time.
I'm not sure what came over me but I traded it for a sub box and amp plus installation for my car.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yeah, at this point I couldn’t imagine being without it. My boy and I have put several hundred rounds through her already. I also added a new OEM RSA and ext slide lock.

I did score this barely (if ever) used Kramer Scabbord. I just received it and it’s definitely horsehide. I paid $42!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
I just re-acquired mine from the gun store I traded it in to. Just trying to find a good AIWB holster for it.

The 26 is a really great pistol that gets overlooked with the introduction of the micro 9's like the P365, etc. (While they do have their place, so does the G26...)

Shoots better, and has easier recoil than they do.

The G-Code Incog Eclipse is one of the best AIWB holsters I’ve found on the market. The offset clip really reduces the bulk, especially with a G26.

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
“Just trying to find a good AIWB holster for it.“

@bcjwriter, take a look at the Tulster Oath model

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My wife made the switch to the Glock 26 in Dec of 2006. Its been her year-round daily carry gun since then, primarily in a FIST ultra-thin kydex IWB holster, but occasionally in a Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard. Just over 20,000 rounds now, no malfunctions.

While I prefer the 19, I have a 26 that I ran across a few years back at my range. It had a grip reduction and stipple job that fit my hand perfectly, especially since the rear grip hump was removed, something that I had never liked on the 26s short grip. This gun is my dedicated travel gun. (10 round mags for those "commie" controlled states.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Just trying to find a good AIWB holster for it.

I'm a fan of this...

Tenicor Velo4

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I’ve had 26’s in the past among many other carry guns. I’ve tried the Kahr PM40, Glock 43x, Sig 239, etc. I keep going back to the 26. It’s like I get bored with the 26, try something new, then decide the 26 works best for me. My current set up is a Gen 5 mos with a holosun SCS. I carry a Glock 17 on duty and will soon carry the 45 so I like having the magazine interchangeability (that’s a long word). I also have a 19 and an sig 365 that I carry sometimes. Both are good and the little sig is very shoot able for its size, but the Glock hits the sweet spot for me of size for concealment, shootability, and magazine capacity (ability to use full size mags).

It may sound silly but I don’t like having to keep up with different types of magazines for different guns. I have a bunch of G17 mags loaded up around the house and in my car. I like being able to just grab one of those in a pinch and throw it in my pocket.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Totally understand this, I do the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by cooger:

It may sound silly but I don’t like having to keep up with different types of magazines for different guns. I have a bunch of G17 mags loaded up around the house and in my car. I like being able to just grab one of those in a pinch and throw it in my pocket.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I can't say enough good things about the G26. I got one as soon as I own three- a gen2.5, a gen3 and a gen5.
I do not own a Glock (yet). With all the good things that y'all are saying about it, I am giving some serious consideration to a 26.

You own three versions, gen 2.5, gen 3, and gen 5. Can you give me a brief pro / con education about the generations? If you did not own any and could buy only one, which would you look for, and why?

If it makes a difference, I have moderately large hands and long fingers -- do any of these have changeable backstraps to make an effectively larger grip for a longer reach to the trigger?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heck, I'm NOT a Glock guy but y'all just about have me talked into another 26. I really did like it.

Posts: 27 | Registered: November 26, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
I see many examples of "Seller's Remorse" here. I bought mine in '96 to back up the G17. I kept thinking of swapping for a G43, but after reading all these posts, I'm glad I stayed true to my girl.

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
You own three versions, gen 2.5, gen 3, and gen 5. Can you give me a brief pro / con education about the generations? If you did not own any and could buy only one, which would you look for, and why?
Read the other posts in this thread. There are not nearly as many differences between generations of the G26 as there are in other models.

quote:
If it makes a difference, I have moderately large hands and long fingers -- do any of these have changeable backstraps to make an effectively larger grip for a longer reach to the trigger?
Gens 4 & 5 do.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The gen2.5 was the first version of the G26 and is in the pic I posted on page one. This generation was made for a short time and is identified by the smooth (non-checkered) finger grooves. The ubiquitous gen3, made from August, 1998 to the present, differs from the gen2.5 only by the finger groove checkering (early in gen3 production, the frames of gen3 G17 and G19 pistols had a third pin added to the frame, mainly to standardize production with the .40 S&W and 357 SIG chambering; the G26 design incorporated this third pin from the beginning of production.) The gen5 is the latest version, identified by substantially different lockwork (or safe-action system, as Glock calls it) and other minor differences.

The gen2.5, you're unlikely to find for sale. Between the gen3 and the gen5, it's a toss-up, though an argument can be made that the improvements in the gen5 lockwork make the pistol slightly more durable. Signifcant is the takedown latch spring being changed from a leaf spring to a more durable coil spring. This one small spring holds the pistol together. Highly unlikely though it is, if the takedown latch spring breaks in a Glock, the upper will not stay on the lower, no ifs, ands, or buts. Consequently, with this spring being a coil in the gen5, rather than a leaf, failure of this part is reduced to a non-zero probability.

In the first gen5 Glocks, there were rear slide serrations only. All three of my gen5 Glocks- G17, 19 and 26, have rear serrations only. If you buy a new gen5 these days, they have those God-awful front serrations added.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ve always liked the G26 and find I tend to shoot a G26 with a G19 mag/sleeve better than a G19.

I like the Gen 5s the best followed by the Gen 3s. While I am not the Glock aficionado that some are I never warmed up as much to the Gen 4.

The G26 in general terms is one of the most proven carry guns out there. You may or may not mesh with it as a shooter but the machine itself is damn good.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I’ve tried the G26. Sold it. Was issued a G27. Hated both of them.

The 26 is very shootable. You won’t get G17 kind of splits out of them, but it’s still going to do a respectable job.

The G27 is the spawn of Satan. It’s the only Glock I truly hate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

The 26 is very shootable. You won’t get G17 kind of splits out of them, but it’s still going to do a respectable job.

So true!

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

ABSOLUTELY and I generally like .40 cal but the 27 is a match made in hell for it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Is it just too snappy in the small package? Odd that nobody said that about the G33. Just too few owners out there?

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G33 as well. The “Pocket Rocket”. Now that one shot easier than the G27. Not as easy as the G26. It wasn’t a matter of how they shot it was a matter of how they fit in the hand and how they felt on my body. Fat little bastards. When I worked plain clothes I carried my full size issued Glock 90% of the time because it felt better in the hand and it felt better against me whether it be IWB or OWB carry. Weird I know, but that’s how it was for me. If it wasn’t for the G43X I would be dragging around a G19 for off duty carry.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post