SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why did I wait so long to get a Glock 26? Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I use a G19 AIWB holster for the 26. The extra length helps keep it upright and secure from folding over the belt line.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rawny:
Is it just too snappy in the small package? Odd that nobody said that about the G33. Just too few owners out there?
Back when I bought my gen2.5, I was using CorBon 115 grain +P hollowpoints for self defense. I've always been amazed that CorBon manages to rate this load as +P and not +P+, because it is (or, at least it was back then) a wrist-snapping load to shoot. It's rated by the manufacturer at 1350 fps out of a 4" barrel.

As I noted earlier, the gen2.5 G26 lacks checkering on the front strap. The "grenade" checkering Glock incorporated into the gen3 pistols is not particularly effective, but it's better than nothing.

When shooting the CorBon 115 out of my gen2.5, I found that I had to adjust my grip every two or three shots. No matter how much of a death grip I put on the pistol, the muzzle rise was such that I could not keep a good handle on the pistol. The addition of traction tape on the front strap made all the difference, and these days, the pistol wears a Talon Grip applique. My gen3 G26 has a stipple job, and my gen5 G26 has TalonGrip. No matter how you go about it, I do recommend that you make sure that at least the front strap of the G26/27/33 has aggressive texturing.

I can only imagine what shooting .40 S&W and 357 SIG out of these pistols must be like.

Extended base plates help quite a bit, whether it's an old Pearce Grip extension as pictured in my pic on page one, which does not increase magazine capacity, or Glock's +2 extension, or any number of manufacturer's extensions, anything which allows a four-finger grip is helpful.

The advantage, though, of the G26, is compactness, and if you get one of these pistols, you need to make sure you can control it with the flat base plates. These days, my G26s get fed Federal HST 124 grain, either standard pressure or +P, usually the former.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
The 26 is the most versatile nine Glock makes. It remains relevant almost three decades after its introduction. That’s staying power!

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had all these issues with the G26 and tried every magazine extension and was about to get rid of it. My issue was the back of the grip was too short and didn’t want a larger full length grip because then it’s the size of my G19. I came across Hyve Technologies extension and it’s almost perfect. The only “Drawback” is the weight, it’s only in aluminum and not plastic. But it completes the rear grip/backstrap perfectly allowing a complete firm grip. And it keeps the gun low profile and adds a plus 2. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
I came across Hyve Technologies extension and it’s almost perfect.
That's a good-looking part:

https://hyve-technologies.com/...se-for-the-glock-26/

I notice that they recommend gen4 or gen5 magazines. That makes sense, since the gen3 has been made so long, those mags have gone through several changes. These days, I recommend gen5 magazines across the board. They incorporate all the changes and the spring tension is higher with the gen5 mags, at least it seems that way to me.

Also, note that this manufacturer does not recommend an extended spring. Unlike the G17 and G19 magazines, changing to an extended spring is not necessary for the G26. That's nice, because it means it's that much cheaper to extend the capacity of your G26 mags.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned various kinds of glocks for over twenty years before I got a 26. I wanted one, but it just didn't happen. I can't believe I waited so long.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
I'll echo what I'm seeing others saying; Had one for 20+ years, and it ate *everything* I put through it.

G26 mags, G19 mags, G17 mags, G18 mags? No issues.

Leftover so-so ammo? No issues.

Not one single bobble, misfeed, nothing. Boringly reliable, as they say,

Others can (and do) come and go, but if you want a great double-stack that will just work, you'd be hard pressed to come up with anything that will fit the bill more so than the good old G26.

Although I must admit, I am liking the looks of a 365 these days... We shall see.

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Still love mine and definitely prefer the Glock +2 base plates over the Pearce +0 ext. No pinch, comfy grip, little extra ammo made it better all around.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I wanted a Glock 26 since the day they came out, but it just felt horrible in my hand. It felt like the proverbial 2X4, which was odd considering I loved the feel of my Gen3 Glock 19.

The subtle difference in the Gen4 grip made all the difference in the world for me. I probably carry my Glock 26 as much as I do my PX4 Compact.

I'm also a huge fan of the Magpul 12 round mags. It gives you just enough extra grip to get your pinky and just slightly smaller that the Pearce +2. Not to mention I don't worry about the Pmags dumping rounds on the ground.
(And they will fit in the IDPA BUG box too. Big Grin )

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post