SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 In 45…did Sig just give up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 In 45…did Sig just give up? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I had a P320 full size in 45 ACP. But in a fit of stupidity I sold it. Now that I’m saving up money to buy another one I’m realizing they are difficult - if not impossible to find. I couu you LC only find 1 used full size on Gunbroker, and Sig only lists a compact version on the website. (I guess I could buy that then scrounge for the full size components… What’s the story, did Sig just give up on the 45 model?

Posts: 1968 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I share your frustration. I actually asked a sign rep this very question at a class last year. He told me at the time that they were focusing on the 9mm due to the huge demand outpacing thier production capacity for anything else, but he expected that we'd see the other calibers come back when things settled down. He couldn't speak to a timeframe for that, though.

I get it...of they can sell every 9mm they make, why bother with anything else. But it kinda sucks for those of us who have every 9mm variant that we want already, and would like to have something else. It seems like the competition has been making strides in the other direction lately, so maybe that will goad Sig into bringing some of the other stuff back.

Posts: 8606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I share your frustration. I actually asked a sign rep this very question at a class last year. He told me at the time that they were focusing on the 9mm due to the huge demand outpacing thier production capacity for anything else, ...

Staccato, maker of higher-end, semi-custom duty and competition 2011's, is doing the same thing. They dropped their single-stack lines and everything except 9mm.

I have a Sig P320F in .45 ACP. It's a terrific pistol and what caused me to give the .45 ACP cartridge another look, after shunning it for decades.

I've been mulling-over replacing it with a .45 ACP double-stack 1911 with a rail, since I've more-or-less decided to standardize on the 1911/2011 platform.

OTOH: I've got a great holster for it, the maker doesn't make holsters anymore Frown, and I shoot so well with it:

Those are 4 in. circles at seven yards.

Practicing triple-taps...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Waiting for a full-sized version with a manual safety, myself. I can see why it might take a while, but then again I'm patient enough to wait for a factory version rather than trying to 'assemble' one with expensive-to-collect components. Odds are that I'll have to wait a bit longer on top of that to get the large-size grip frame cut for the thumb safety (you're gonna charge me for a grip frame then make me take an exact-o knife to it? Really?).

On the whole I have multiple reasons to hope that SIG really is in the process of producing a 320F in 10mm. I'd like one, but arguably that might also tend to make the parts available to the factory for the .45 I'd like to buy from them.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just quit carrying my 320 .45 Compact with manual safety. I dont think I could easily replace it should I lose it after using to defend myself. Loaded up my P-07 instead. I would love a full size.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16106 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I too regret selling my full sized 320 in .45. It was the softest shooting .45 I ever shot. (and I'm a 40 year 1911 guy).

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
I too regret selling my full sized 320 in .45. It was the softest shooting .45 I ever shot. (and I'm a 40 year 1911 guy).

I haven't had mine to the range for a while (and, it being my HD pistol, I should get some more time in with it), but I recall it was incredibly soft-shooting.

Those triple-taps, the target of which I posted, above, were not slow-fire.

Y'all are talking me out of switching it out for a 1911

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Waiting for a full-sized version with a manual safety, myself. I can see why it might take a while, but then again I'm patient enough to wait for a factory version rather than trying to 'assemble' one with expensive-to-collect components. Odds are that I'll have to wait a bit longer on top of that to get the large-size grip frame cut for the thumb safety (you're gonna charge me for a grip frame then make me take an exact-o knife to it? Really?).

On the whole I have multiple reasons to hope that SIG really is in the process of producing a 320F in 10mm. I'd like one, but arguably that might also tend to make the parts available to the factory for the .45 I'd like to buy from them.

Hard to believe 10mm would out sell .45, maybe I am vastly ignorant of the market. You would think if they released a 10mm some new flavors of .45 would also be coming.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10730 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Hard to believe 10mm would out sell .45, maybe I am vastly ignorant of the market. You would think if they released a 10mm some new flavors of .45 would also be coming.

That's what I'm hoping. I'd love it if the lower could accept both 10mm and 45 uppers.

Posts: 8606 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG promises much, but generally fails to deliver. Romeo 2? P320/10? Caliber kits for MPX/MCX? The reason to feed some of these SKUs - despite the fact that you can't keep up with 9mm - is to keep your base engaged.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's what I'm hoping. I'd love it if the lower could accept both 10mm and 45 uppers.

When Bruce gray hinted at this earlier, I specifically asked about X Series grip availability and use with the .45. There was a strong implication that this would be the case.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...440011664#6440011664

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Suddenly SIG pricing for conversion kits begins to sound like it might actually....make sense.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, Sig concentrating on 9mm pistols just to keep up with demand.

DPR

Posts: 657 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have a .45 Carry and would love to get an XCarry grip module for it. Hopefully someday they’ll revisit the .45s with more options.

Posts: 693 | Location: Monroeville, Pennsylvania | Registered: December 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Seems like there’s plenty of interest - I hope the aftermarket steps in.

Posts: 1968 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hard to believe 10mm would out sell .45

Actually it's not hard at all if you were to see our sales numbers. For us--based upon customer requests--the G20 would easily outsell the .45 G21 by at least a 20:1 margin, if only Glock would make enough of them for the marketplace. And even then, some G21 buyers only buy that model only to convert it over to 10mm, simply because we happen to be out of the G20 at the time. A recent buyer of the last Gen4 G21 that I sold out of inventory was intending to do just that to his.

For us the only type where .45AUTO clearly outsells its 10mm "stablemate" is 1911s. Even with the P220, we sell more of them in 10mms than we do the 45s.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post