SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaked new gun Smith & Wesson CSX Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Going around the net now. New single action small compact 9mm with aluminum frame, manual safety.

Looks like a loser to me.

https://www.primerpeak.com/smi...sx-9mm-pistol-leaked

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Honestly, make that DA/SA (I'm assuming from looking at the trigger it's an SAO) and lose the manual safety and I might be interested in that. A small (but not tiny), slim, metal-framed, hammer-fired gun with a modular grip customizeable to the user (interchangeable backstraps)? I could get excited about that.

That said, this is clearly a gun designed for carry, and I won't carry a gun with a manual safety, so if the pictured model is the only way they're going to offer it, then I'm out. But I hope it's not, because I'm all about somebody releasing a gun with a hammer in a market saturated with P365 clones!

Posts: 8559 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
A manual safety AND one of those stupid safety tabs sticking out of the front the trigger thingies? Why?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A little bit of SAS from SIG and a little of trigger style from Glock.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be an alternative to an Officer-sized 1911...maybe? But with an inertia block built into the trigger? I guess that's a relatively easy way of making it drop-safe with the thumb safety off.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first thought is, this is S&W's copy version of the P938.

Doesn't look to bad, but they need to fix that ugly trigger setup.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Gross.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Posting for those who don't want to have to click through to an external link and scroll past ads:

And editing in to page one for those who don't read the whole thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I like S&W's new offerings, but this "leaked" BS is getting old.

Stop it S&W.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Gross.

How?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to steal some of the Stacatto C market?

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
I am seeing polymer sub compact 1911 type action with a trigger safety rather than a grip safety. Not sure I hate it based on that but I don't see where it fits. Single action subs for pocket carry never made sense to me. Just plain dangerous IMO. If I am going to holster carry then I don't need a sub compact. Also ... based on the SAO mechanics, not a gun for the entry level shooter unless they are going to put in a lot of very specific training. Seems like manufacturers have a list of features they just try to mix and match to come up with something new. I am not doubting that these will sell ...

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Anxiously awaiting the Norfolk and Southern full and Union Pacific mid size models. Big Grin

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be interested in it. I’m not sure it would do anything better than my CS9 other than rd capacity but it’s always nice to see something new. I’d have to actually see one and handle it.

Posts: 454 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Doesn't really call out to me, but it will be one that I will try out when my range has its next S&W Event Day - just because its different.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
Anxiously awaiting the Norfolk and Southern full and Union Pacific mid size models. Big Grin

Union Pacific? It has to go full DD40X! None of this mid size stuff.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
A) The lines are seriously ugly. Someone show the designer a pic of a 1903 Colt pocket auto, then slap him.

B) Exposed hammer seems like a bad idea in a pocket gun.

C) Not a fan of button mag releases for “pocket” sized Guns.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
LCP is a hammer gun. This is a holster gun - I know, its very difficult to pin down a size, yet we read of folks asking for a good pocket holster for a 365X or XL, too.

I can't even. Standard one is too big, the LCP was borderline for me.

These leaked photos do one thing for SW, the get the feedback from forum members and we do have some valid critique, but it's no different here than a watch forum - what we like is not a guide to what the less interested or less educated public buys. Not at all. Gosh, some even spend money on the new Taurus, right?

It's like saying chili should never have beans, yet the store shelf says it sells well that way.

Oh well. At least it doesn't say Grip Zone or have a billboard of safety notifications.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Fugly

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it looks cool, but it's all been done before with the p938.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post