SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns we’ve sold…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns we’ve sold… Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sold a Beretta AR-70, made a huge profit. But, it was the only one I have ever personally seen, and I like unusual guns.
Once had a Tiger brand revolver. Turned out the Brazilians had bored a 32 long cylinder out to make it a 38 Spl. Worked fine empty, but if you loaded it, the hand hit the case rim and head, so it could not be fired if loaded. Took that POS to the very next gunshow and traded it for something of value. Should have kept it for a gun buyback.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have sold some nice guns to get some nice guns so it usually evens out for me.

The one I was happier to see gone then I was to buy it was an AMT - AutoMag II in 22magnum. Hands down the biggest POS I have ever bought. It was SS and looked quite nice but I never found a 22 mag rd that it would reliably shoot.

I have for the most part been lucky when it came to reliability and do not remember shooting anything that even came close to that jam-o-matic.

Posts: 18029 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sold several guns over the last 35 years or so, knowing that I couldn't replace them. Looking back there's some that would be nice to have but I made the decision to let them go and move on. What I do regret is putting the cash in the general fund and before you know I had no gun and no cash. Nowadays any proceeds from sales or other extra bonuses goes into a separate account. Glad to get rid of: Old model 45 Blackhawk with bad memories.

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
Regret selling a 4” Python maybe 20 years ago.

Bought a Kel Tec PF9 when they first came out. It was a total pos and I could never get it to run right.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tjcj:
I made the decision to let them go and move on. What I do regret is putting the cash in the general fund and before you know I had no gun and no cash. Nowadays any proceeds from sales or other extra bonuses goes into a separate account.

I'm glad that my life has always been stable enough to where any gun I sold was to go to a new gun and not to any bills.

Posts: 4153 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Regret selling a late 60s or early 70s S&W 29 in mint condition. Didn't have a use for 44 magnum and still don't but it was a beauty.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
I made the decision to let them go and move on. What I do regret is putting the cash in the general fund and before you know I had no gun and no cash. Nowadays any proceeds from sales or other extra bonuses goes into a separate account.

Didn't mean to imply that I was broke, but I did manage to piss away the extra $$
I'm glad that my life has always been stable enough to where any gun I sold was to go to a new gun and not to any bills.

Posts: 112 | Location: Deep south | Registered: August 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:

Didn't mean to imply that I was broke, but I still managed to piss away the extra $$

posted Hide Post
REGRET:

NIB early 70s Browning Hi-Power. Perfect condition. All original accessories, right down to the pistol rug and spare magazine still in the wax wrapper. Bought it for $650. Sold it back to the same seller for the same amount about 3 months later because his son wanted it back. I never even fired it. I'm an idiot.

Danish M1 Garand service grade from CMP.

NO REGRETS:

S&W Sigma .380 in the late 90s. Yeah, I'm that guy. See above.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I sold a Ruger Redhawk in .357 Magnum years ago because it was so heavy to carry. Damn nice gun though, and hard to find now.
Also sold a Ruger 44 Mag carbine with peep sights because we were hard up for money and about to lose our apartment. My father in law at the time gave me a couple hundred bucks and told me to repay him to get the gun back. He sold it the next day.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggest regret: my original Gen2 G19. The first gun I ever purchased. Let it go because I thought I was ready to move on to an entirely different pistol and manual of arms. Boy was I so wrong. And quite stooopid. Later bought another Gen2, but it'll never the first.

Biggest relief to see go: that has to be the POS Mosquito. Spent way too much time, effort and Mini-Mags (among all the other better loads) trying to get that thing to run somewhat reliably. Pretty sure I can indicate the number times that gun actually got through a complete 10 round mag without a stoppage with one hand...that's missing a thumb.

-MG

Posts: 1974 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Regret selling my Colt Gold Cup 1911 model, wish I still had it.

Otherwise, no regerts.

Glad to see it go - Browning Buck Mark .22. I just didn’t like it and it was very hard to disassemble and clean.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
My Dad told me when I was a kid to never sell my guns because I'd regret it.

As a result, I've sold two of my own in a lifetime. One that was factory defective and I explained that to the buyer and the other was a guy who worked on me for years to sell him a certain gun. I owed him so I finally did it. I only regret it a little.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
There are two that I really regret selling. The top of that list would be my old-school 6" blued Python. 30 years later I still kick myself over that one.

The one I guess I'm glad to have sold was a rebuilt Winchester 70 that I'd had made into a Highpower match rifle. After I shot that barrel out I had another, longer barrel put on it (both .308 Win) and shot it a while longer in long range prone matches before switching to a different rifle in 6.5CM. The guy who bought it was looking for a shooter and I wasn't going to be using it anymore, so he'll give it a good home.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regret selling the 1980's P7M8.
Glad to get rid of the P226 that had serious issues.

Posts: 74 | Registered: February 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
regret - S&W Model 19. Swapped for a pirogue and a sack of decoys.
Happiest - it's a tie - Tauras .40 and a Sig Mosquito.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun I regret selling most was a S&W 645 .45acp that I bought in 1984. For some uncanny reason, it was more accurate than my Colt Gold Cup National Match .45. It gobbled up reloads and flying ashtray hollow points like they were candy. I sold it to help pay for my daughter's neonatal unit medical bills, but wish I could find it again just for nostalgia sake. I put thousands and thousands of rounds through that gun, and every one of them was tremendously fun.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about any gun I've sold makes me want to go cry to a bartender.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Frist gun I ever bought was a HK USP 9mm. Loved it. Bought it on my 21st birthday from Jensens guns in Tucson Arizona. Then I discovered Sig. Bought a 229, 220, 226, 225 and so on. The USP Fell out of favor and twenty years later I just wasn't shooting it. Decided to sell it about ten years ago. Regretted it even since. It got to the point every time I went in to a gun dealer or sporting goods store I would look for a USP. Really didn't see many and was able to resist to need to buy it. Last winter I ran into one and got tired of thinking about it and I bought another 9mm USP. It looks good in my safe. I doubt I will ever sell another gun.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The only regret was a S&W 681 that had a local PD stamp on it

I have more regrets on ones I didn't buy. Sig P6's at about $300, Yugo SKS's at $250, Mini 14's under $500 and on and on

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post