SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns we’ve sold…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns we’ve sold… Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Regret - sold a Rem. 700 ADL in .243 Win when I was 19. That regret has prevented me selling anything else.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No regrets.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Never sold a gun, so I guess I have no regrets either way there.

I missed an opportunity to buy a old imported 220 years ago though, and I've always regretted that. It was a sweet, sweet shooting gun and I planned to buy it, but my friend and FFL holder that had it on the books died unexpectedly and their entire stock got sold wholesale to a large dealer.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I've sold a bunch and most I do not miss. However, I sold an old single shot Savage 20 gauge that I inherited from my dad and I truly regret it. I just didn't think I would use it when I got a double barrel, but man I wish I had that one back. I would probably add to that an old Lyman muzzle loader from one of my grandpas.

I miss them for sentimental reasons. I fight it though, because the older I get, the more of a minimalist I want to be, not just with guns, but with everything.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Regret:
Like new in box Colt Government Model 1911 .45ACP traded to me by my brother. Both are gone and sorely missed.

No regret:
HK P7M10 40 S&W. Accurate & reliable, but just too weird.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 955 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father past away and left me his collection. He was actually a regular at gun shows and had a lot of inventory. I slowly sold everything with a tag. The guns with tags all were shot by my son and I and then sold. We kept any gun that I knew meant something to my dad or that I remember from my childhood. One day I needed extra cash to feed my sig addiction. I sold an M1A of my dads because I had one already. I always felt my dad was looking down at me and pissed.
The gun I was glad to sell was a Browning SA 22. Beautiful gun but not practical. I hated getting ejected shells in my sleeve and it was never as accurate as my other 22s.

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have 3 regrets. One obvious, one I can see that and one huhwhatnow???

OBVIOUS REGRET
Pre-lock Smith PC627 3 inch v comp. Unfluted cylinder .357 Never should have sold that gun.

I CAN SEE THAT
Early SIG P225, I’ve bought and sold twice.

HUHWHATNOW
Boring basic Gen 3 Glock 30 “fat” no s, no sf just the OG Glock 30. I shot it well shouldn’t have sold.

HAPPY ITS GONE
Savage Mako. Just a gussied up Savage .22 bolt gun and it was a huge POS. It was so bad the shop took it back well after they had any reason to.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regret- A BHP. The gun itself was nothing special. Yes, it was a "T" Series, and it was worked on by a guy who really knew what he was doing. The gun had a certain sentimental value to me.

Dont regret- A G-19 police turn-in. I got it for a good price, sold it for the same price to a friend of mine about a week after getting it. It's not like anything was wrong with it, and I have another one that has had some work done to it. The one I sold was an out of the box, stock Glock G-19.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson CBOB. It was a beautiful gun, but it just sat in the safe. No range time, no carry or defense duty, then I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I wish I'd have kept it just to look at.

Can't say I'm actually happy any of my sold guns are gone. I guess the least favorite would be a Makarov 9x18. It was a complete beater when I bought it which I did with visions of doing a restoration. It was too far gone and would have required far to much $$ to make it worthwhile for me to get it where I wanted.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought and sold too many to remember them all. Two I regret are the S&W Model 66 I went through the police academy with. Replaced with my first semi auto duty gun- P228. Should have held onto that 66. Also regret selling my Thompson 1928 sub gun. Full auto is fun but it was barely being used and I needed the money for something else (not gun related). Should have figured out another way to get that $ and kept the gun.

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biggest regret… Wingmaster 20ga LW magnum
No regrets… Colt New Agent that I bought new and was an absolute turd. After a couple trips back and throwing some money at it to a local gunsmith after it returned, I got fed up with it and took a loss

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regret: P220ST in nitron, traded it for an RRA entry tactical that I long ago got rid of.

Glad it's gone: Ruger P89.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 I regret: My first pistol that I bought brand new Sig P229 in .40, and my West German Sig P226 x5 Tactical with Sig Wood grips

I don't regret selling a Remington made Marlin 45-70 guide gun.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Regret. I traded a HK P7 PSP for a nice DW commander . Nowadays they bring stupid money.

I do wonder now why I sold a consecutive serial numbered pair of Bulgarian Makarovs. I could have sold others instead.

No Regrets. Many. I'm in the process of selling off a large part of my collection and haven't missed any yet. Well, maybe that Ruger Bisley Blackhawk a little.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many regrets but I will illustrate one:
Browning marked FN FAL match rifle with papers and 6 mags,
Glad to shed:
Walther TPH. Nonfunctional and too small to be a good paperweight.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regret IMI Galil ARM in .223 Great shooting rifle.

Glad Wildey in .45 Win. Mag. Never got a full mag. to work without some kind of jam no matter what I tried.

Posts: 4 | Registered: October 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Regrets: H&K P7M13. In my defense it was clunky in my hand . . .

Glock 23: I hated the way that thing pointed and recoiled in my hand. I found out about grip reductions for the Glock after I sold it but I'm not sure that would have saved it.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I traded a nice Ruger Mini-30 that I didn't need (along with a cheap bolt action 300 win mag) for a really nice Ruger No. 1, which I had always wanted.

However, I really do wish I still had that Mini. It was a cool gun and would serve a nice purpose for me and/or my kids.

The only other regrets I have now are because some guns I sold have gone up in value a good bit.

I haven't gotten rid of many guns, in general, and none that I didn't at least like.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't regret selling a KAHR K9 to fund a West German P228.

Regret selling a .40 S&W p226. It was the nicest shooting .40 I ever shot.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Regret selling:

Les Baer TRS 1911 Blue(5 inch)
Les Baer TRS 1911 Hardchrome (4.25 inch)
Springfield Professional 1911
Rock River Arms Tactical Rail 1911
Rock River Arms Commander
GA Precision Harbinger Bolt Action
Springfield M1A National Match with JAE stock

(All of the above were sold when I lost my job back in 2006 from dot com company to pay bills. Went back to school for a new career).

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post