SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guns we’ve sold…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guns we’ve sold… Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Ok…for kicks and giggles…

Name the one gun you’ve sold you regret the most, and one you are happiest you got rid of…

Mine - biggest regret was my reintroduced S&W 640 I bought in 1991.

The one I’m glad I got rid of was my Glock 27…most unpleasant gun to shoot.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Name the one gun you’ve sold you regret the most

No regrets of any I've sold. Truth.
quote:
and one you are happiest you got rid of…

List is too long. And truth.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I sold a 4” .22 Diamondback back in the 90’s because I never shot it, lol

I traded off a Sig Mosquito that was nothing short of garbage from day one!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 14 with 8 3/8 inch barrel. I sold it to fund a nice Browning Gran Lighting, so I didn’t lose money or anything but damn I miss that gentle tack driver.

I don’t have any that I was happy to get rid of, but the one I miss the least is a Glock 26. Actually 2. I really wanted to like it as on paper it is a great compact carry gun. But in reality, it just did not work for me. Too thick overall, and the grip just dug into me all the wrong way no matter what holster I tried. Sold the first one, thought maybe I was too hasty, bought another one a couple of years later, and still no joy.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
For me the same gun makes both lists, a Smith & Wesson 1076. Bought it with very little wear with the factory box and 3 grips. Point of impact was way off, like 2" to the left and 8" low. At the time I didn't;t want a project gun, relieved to have not lost any money on it. Looking back, wish I would've kept it, doubt if I'll ever find one in that condition again for any where near the price I paid for it.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Regret the most = Smith and Wesson Model 60. Early 80's gun. Don't really have a good reason as to why I sold it, other than it had fallen out of favor for subcompact semi auto's.

Don't regret = Walther PPK/S, Interarms import model. The 2nd pistol I ever bought and what a hunk of shit it was. Couldn't get through a single magazine without malfunction.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't regret many. Probably the one I miss the most is the 3" SP101 in .357. I sold it to my brother to fund a 3" Model 60, which is a slightly nicer gun, although not quite as robust. The SP101 was a great gun too, though, and I'd fluffed up the internals a bit to where the trigger was just about perfect. My brother still has it, so at least it's still in the family.

Worst was a straight blowback PSA 9mm AR. That thing was awful, and it was a huge relief to see it go down the road. I now have a build that I put together on a CMMG RDB system, and it's everything that that one wasn't.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Sold an older P228. I still kick myself.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PP in 32. Wish I’d kept that one.

Walther P22. Went back to factory. Never worked right.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
No regrets selling previous firearms, except for the timing of some transactions. If I had realized how much $ appreciation would occur with my former HK P7M8 and 9mm Kurz Walther PP Super, I would have held on to them longer!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I've sold MANY, MANY guns over the last 35+ years. I really haven't regretted selling any of them. There was always something else to pick up, sometimes better, sometimes not. If not, it got moved along too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I have only sold one gun in my whole life. Last fall I decided it was time to start thining the herd due to my age. It was a mint, less then 150 rds fired West German P226 that I bought back in 1994.
I am still questioning myself if that was a good move.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I have a tie for first and it's a S&W 5906TSW and a 4566TSW. Both of them are now near impossible to find and both had amazing DA/SA triggers. The 4566 was also the best shooting Commander length .45 I've ever shot including a Les Baer Comanche Monolith and Dan Wesson Valor Commander I've bought and sold.

Happiest gun I got rid of is probably the Ruger P89DC. I inherited that gun from my Grandpa and it was terrible. The only thing that wasn't terrible is that it worked. That was it's only redeeming feature.

Posts: 4162 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Regret:
Excellent P228 in red box with all the paperwork

Regret #2

P226 X Five 9mm

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regret:
S&W 686 sold when I was in college

Happiest:
Beretta 8045. Way too big for my hands.

Posts: 21 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got my first firearm when I was about 13, a Marlin 60. Still have it in the safe.
Last one I got was the 12131 karma AR & it's in the safe too.
Everything in between is still with me Big Grin
The only one I haven't shot, is my kids' Cricket.

The 2 Marlins & my grandmother's S&W 36 are the 3 that will never be sold, everything else would be negotiable, to an extent.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15311 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Two I regret ever letting go were a 1943 GI Colt 1911. It was perfect and I basically sold it to a collector for less than I paid for it. The heart breaker was my 1922 M2 Springfield .22. It also was perfect. The POS I gladly sent packing was my S&W .22A. That gun never compared, even a little to all my .22 target pistols.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Regret: Set of US Firearms Prewar Model .45 Colt SAA revolvers.

Happiest: CZ VZ-61 Scorpion .32 ACP semi-auto pistol.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The only regret is my Wildey .45winmag 8".

I bought the chrome Desert Eagle to replace it, but the Wildey was just so special and I sold it because I was poor at the time.

I should have resorted to digging though dumpsters instead of selling it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Regret: Winchester 1897 Riot Blued (unusual, normally parkerized) w/ heat shield dated 1918. It was in near museum quality and I brought it to an 1897 collector in Fairfield CT for an appraisal. Unfortunately, he was so enamored by the rare configuration and the condition that he was not letting me walk away with it. I nearly tripled the money I had in it in about two months and I had just quit my job. Second was a SS Beretta 92FS pre-ban w/ all SS controls that I used to fund a mountain bike that is long gone.

No Regrets: Mitchel Arms 22 High Standard POS jam-o-matic with every possible ammo I could find.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post