SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As long as it’s on the record that I was the first half wit. Lol

Ok, back on point. Sort of. Question for the 320 guys. Driving home yesterday from Pensacola and at a gas stop the guy at the island was a security guard with a 320, it actually might have been an M17 but I’m not sure. He had the little Sig rubber band around the grip down low. The one that says whatever Sig slogan comes with the M17. I have seen SA Saint owners leave that red rubber Saint rubber band on the handguard before and thought that was strange. On a pistol it seemed kind of silly/strange/stupid to me. Do you guys do this? Am I missing out? Am I the silly/strange/stupid one?

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
As long as it’s on the record that I was the first half wit. Lol

Ok, back on point. Sort of. Question for the 320 guys. Driving home yesterday from Pensacola and at a gas stop the guy at the island was a security guard with a 320, it actually might have been an M17 but I’m not sure. He had the little Sig rubber band around the grip down low. The one that says whatever Sig slogan comes with the M17. I have seen SA Saint owners leave that red rubber Saint rubber band on the handguard before and thought that was strange. On a pistol it seemed kind of silly/strange/stupid to me. Do you guys do this? Am I missing out? Am I the silly/strange/stupid one?

There's a scientific correlation between the number of people who do this and the rate of P320 accidental discharges.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
No idea why you'd put the rubber band thingy on your pistol grip. Would likely annoy the heck out of me.

I do use those big rubber wristbands as sling keepers for my long guns. It goes around the stock and I tuck the excess sling material into it. A quick pull and the sling is hanging free, but I don't have to worry about it getting hung up on the rack or other stuff in the car when I have to deploy it.

Posts: 8609 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s funny. I used to go by the city shop and get slices of old inner tubes for my slings.

Nothing like jumping out of a car in a hurry and dragging your microphone, Big Gulp cup and a bunch of other shit out the door with you with that damned sling.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parrishghost:
quote:

SIG Mechanics is exploring the process of converting P320 receivers to accept manual safeties, and depending upon what he finds and how difficult the process turns out to be, that might be something I’d do.

Hasn't this already been figured out? There are places offering to do the conversion but cutting out the indent on the FCU to install the safety.
AB Prototype is one of them. There is a guy on Gunbroker that does it as well.

SIG Mechanic is toying with the idea of offering a do-it-yourself kit, of parts and instructions, to those who want the safety and are willing to take the time, and I guess risk, of doing it themselves.

AB Prototypes charges $200. Not bad. I’m guessing Mechanics would be half that, if you already have a suitable Dremel.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
Originally posted by Parrishghost:
quote:

SIG Mechanics is exploring the process of converting P320 receivers to accept manual safeties, and depending upon what he finds and how difficult the process turns out to be, that might be something I’d do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hasn't this already been figured out? There are places offering to do the conversion but cutting out the indent on the FCU to install the safety.
AB Prototype is one of them. There is a guy on Gunbroker that does it as well.

SIG Mechanic is toying with the idea of offering a do-it-yourself kit, of parts and instructions, to those who want the safety and are willing to take the time, and I guess risk, of doing it themselves.

AB Prototypes charges $200. Not bad. I’m guessing Mechanics would be half that, if you already have a suitable Dremel.

^^^^^^^^^^
The $200.00 that AB charges includes the parts for the conversion, cutting the grip for the safety and shipping back to you.
I had this done by them on my P320 X-Compact and it looks like it came from the factory.

Posts: 118 | Location: RI | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post