SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have 3 P320's and they haven't shot me yet!!!!!
Just sayin------- Smile Smile

Posts: 124 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
There's a dead horse being beaten MERCILESSLY in this thread...

'kkina' - As you indicated (back on page 5) that you've NEVER ACTUALLY HANDLED a P320, you might want to wander into your LGS and check one out...Just Sayin' Wink

Posts: 124 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s interesting that the US Military specified a trigger pull of 5.5-6 pounds for the 1911. A cocked pistol. With a thumb safety and a grip safety. Heavier than all the current crop of striker fired guns. That are also cocked.

Posts: 892 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vette02:

Good for you. That's why I'm saying this is a numbers game. 3 datapoints is a small sample size relative to the number of P320s that have been sold- well over 500,000 units, I believe. With that many units, even a small tendency can manifest.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16906 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

'kkina' - As you indicated (back on page 5) that you've NEVER ACTUALLY HANDLED a P320, you might want to wander into your LGS and check one out...Just Sayin' Wink

? Issue already addressed, previous page.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16906 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
quote:

? Issue already addressed, previous page.

Previous page to what?
The only answer I can find is "NO", but in more words?
I've not shot a P320 and I'm not embarrassed to just say it.
To follow the thread, it's nice to know for the sake of following it.

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My response on page 9 was, "You can do a surprising amount of failure analysis ex vivo." Meaning it's possible to analyze a system without necessarily having hands-on experience. Not the first time I've done something like this.

My first post on page 5 is where I said I'd never actually handled the platform in question. Full disclosure already made.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you for the clarification.
I'm thinking I need to rent a P320 on my next range visit but I don't think that will help me to decide w/ the whole holstering problem where this seems to occur.

Posts: 7485 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

Good for you. That's why I'm saying this is a numbers game. 3 datapoints is a small sample size relative to the number of P320s that have been sold- well over 500,000 units, I believe. With that many units, even a small tendency can manifest.

It's not just well over 500K...

SIG launched the P320 in January 2014, and sold over 500K in the first two years of production! By March 2020 they had sold over 1 Million P320's and that was nearly 2 years ago! The time frame since has seen the greatest demand for (and production of) firearms in history...There's likely at least 1.5 Million P320's in circulation at this point!

And how many people have shot themselves with a P320...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Thank you for looking up the current figures. As I maintain, this is a low percentage problem, but a problem nonetheless. And so easily rectified. I'm sure we all want to resolve these lingering issues (lawsuits, controversy, etc.) so the 320 can enjoy the success it deserves.

quote:
And how many people have shot themselves with a P320...

The number stands at 20 per the most recent lawsuit.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they're workin' real hard on this puzzle in another forum, just like they did with the mystery of the 10,000 round Glocks. Razz

Looking at the lockwork:

"This one's got a dimple
But this one's got a pimple.
Gee, this ain't too simple!
Let's just ask Herbie Stempel." Razz

pssssst Hey, come 'ere, gotta secret I'll let you in on- These pistols that are going off with these "uncommanded discharges"? Yeah, the trigger is getting pulled or pushed with a round in the chamber and no manual safety applied.

They can bloviate about the simple dimple pimples all day long and won't arrive at jack squat.

The

trigger

is

being

depressed

and

then

BANG.

Simple as that. Intentional, unintentional, commanded, uncommanded, recommanded or decommanded. The trigger is getting pressed. End of story.

Occam's Razor, gents. It's boring, I know, but there it is. The simplest explanation is the correct one.

We've heard from the quasi-experts. Now let's hear from one of the true authorities on the design of the P320, Bruce Gray.

Bruce? Please speak up, anytime you feel like it.

Posts: 109052 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken Hackathorn brought out his P320 with a manual safety in a recent video and commented, "I wouldn't carry a pistol like this without a safety". He didn't comment why but considering his firearms experience...

DPR

Posts: 661 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I for one would love to hear Bruce’s thoughts on this.

Posts: 31 | Registered: December 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
Ken Hackathorn brought out his P320 with a manual safety in a recent video and commented, "I wouldn't carry a pistol like this without a safety". He didn't comment why but considering his firearms experience...

I wonder if he was referring to any striker fired handgun? IMO he probably was and if so, his experience isn't enough evidently.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Meh. On my list of people whose opinions matter, Hackathorn doesn’t make it into the top 10000.

Much like his “views” on MRDS, his opinions should be taken from the perspective of a guy that hasn’t seen action since Nixon.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37174 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:

Why accept something like gospel from some "expert" without questioning?

Q

Posts: 27515 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come on guys be reasonable. It’s not strikers that are dangerous, it’s the force profile of the 320 specifically. I read it right here. (sheesh)

I have deleted more typed responses on this thread than I have in a long time. Back to decaf.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, Pete, I see that you're mellowed out a little. Decaf definitely seems to help. Lol.

Q

Posts: 27515 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I just need to switch to orange juice. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post