SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Accidental Discharge Problem Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The only experience Ive had with that was the first force on force class I was in... in the last scenario I had been in a fire fight and was trying to get off the street and a guy with "POLICE" across his chest came around the corner pointing an AR at me...my immediate response was to go face down in the dirt with my arms spread out wide and I quickly pushed the Sig P229 I had been firing away from me. ... this even got a mention in the video review later own.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Ok I just picked up a 320C.
Range report when I get home.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39774 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
We have been on a spree of late, yes?

Posts: 107846 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Umm yeah…

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39774 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Gotta feed the endorphin monster. Smile. We’ve probably all been there. God knows I have. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7710 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Range report when I get home.

And it is unmodified.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34166 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
There are no good reasons not to do the upgrade, IMO, ...
There's one, IMO: Some people have reported their P320's returning from the upgrade process with noticeably worse triggers.

That happened to me with my Walther PPS M2. A safety recall similar to that of the P320. I loved the trigger on the gun before I sent it in. Hated it after I got it back.

quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
BTW, nobody drops their gun on purpose.
They do if the cops tell them to drop it.
To which I will respond by bending down, setting it on the ground, and stepping back from it. Same thing I'd do with any firearm.

My company has handled and assessed a very large number of P320 upgrades. Just about nobody actually got a worse trigger back from the upgrade than they started with, but some OCD-prone individuals convinced themselves otherwise. This is due to two factors: first, they were looking for differences and defects in their newly upgraded pistols. Second, they knew a guy who had to send a Walther back.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Second, they knew a guy who had to send a Walther back.

Big Grin

It is always so good to hear from you, Bruce.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47429 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Second, they knew a guy who had to send a Walther back.

Big Grin

It is always so good to hear from you, Bruce.

Much love as always, old friend.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the upgrade actually entailed technically? What did SIG change in the trigger mechanism?

And by anyone, I kind of mean Bruce, who actually knows what's going on in there. Smile

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lighter mass trigger and a disconnector. Original FCU did not have a disconnector, and the trigger could reset without cycling the slide.

Posts: 4739 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Bruce but it lightened components to eliminate inertia pulling the trigger and it added an actual mechanical disconnector. If you look in the slide they milled out a channel (not prettily by the way) for the disconnector clearance. That’s the easiest way to tell in my opinion. The trigger looked different but at this point I don’t think I could tell anymore.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If we look for the disconnector of the upgraded version, it's not even necessary to strain our eyes trying to find the slot that was milled for it:

SIG MECHANICS has an excellent series of videos about the operation of the P320, including one that specifically analyzes the pre and post upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmwpkJuIR00

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47429 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don’t have to strain your eyes on mine. They all look like they took a cutoff wheel to mill the slot. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
If we look for the disconnector of the upgraded version, it's not even necessary to strain our eyes trying to find the slot that was milled for it:

SIG MECHANICS has an excellent series of videos about the operation of the P320, including one that specifically analyzes the pre and post upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmwpkJuIR00

It's not a bad analysis, but it's quite incomplete. I'll post about the 320 in more detail.

-Bruce

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll post about the 320 in more detail.

-Bruce

Bruce - The OP specifically asked about the function of the Manual Safety of the M17. Curiously, the Operators Manual(s) on the SIG website provides different descriptions for P320 vs. the M17 in terms of how the Manual Safety functions. Maybe you could you provide some insight on that? Inquiring minds want to know... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9013 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looking forward to that.

6.4/93.6

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Looking forward to that.

Agreed. Would be nice to get some straight answers from a recognized authority, and hopefully put a lot of the speculation and rumors to rest. Thanks for checking in, Bruce!

Posts: 8725 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Bruce starts a separate thread about the P320 and shares his knowledge of the inner workings of the pistol. Then sticky the thread to the top and anyone with a question about the safety of the pistol can be referred to the thread. I am looking forward to Bruce sharing his knowledge. Add to the fact that as busy as he is, he’s still willing to take the time to address this in detail is awesome!

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. Looking forward to Bruce’s knowledge and input on the subject as well.

Posts: 767 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post