SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7 fans come on in
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P7 fans come on in Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
I sold one of my P7s last month and kind of regretted it, but found this yesterday in great shape and couldn't pass it up. It is a HK P7M13 with two mags made in 1984. It's a Chantilly import with the wide trigger. For an HK collector like me, it is a grail gun.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one was gifted to me and is one of my cherished possessions.

Thank you Bill.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My favorite 9mm bar none. It scratches all my gun geek buttons

-reliable
-accurate
-great trigger
-cool factor off the chart
-Bizarre, yet practical as hell manual of arms
-great looking

I love the P7 series of guns.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son has an M13 - haven't been able to talk him out of it for the past 20 years.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I like my "bring back."

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's a nice one, sigfreund. The one I sold was just like that only it had an import stamp. Tell us the story of yours.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

posted Hide Post
Not that hkparts is ever cheap but I saw mags were 200 bucks apiece. Shit, I’m rich. Lol

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I like my "bring back."

That one is less than a thousand away from the old one I have

I hate how the grips discolored on mine, so I have some wood grips to replace them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hberttmank-
If it's not too much to ask-
Over or under $1200?

My dumb-ass, years ago- "Oh, I'll pick up a P-7 next time they become available..."
And next thing you know- Mother Hubbards cupboard is bare!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my biggest regrets was selling my P7. Great gun. Stupid me.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Hberttmank-
Over or under $1200?

My dumb-ass, years ago- "Oh, I'll pick up a P-7 next time they become available..."

Yeah it was over $1200. But I got it for a good price. P7 of any condition ain't cheap.

posted Hide Post
I’m a terrible photographer:

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Hberttmank-
Over or under $1200?

Yeah it was over $1200. But I got it for a good price. P7 of any condition ain't cheap.

Congrats on your purchase!
I'm still kicking myself in the rear for passing up the P-7's who knows how many times...
$500-$700 back then.

Now, I haven't seen any for under $1200.
If I would have known then what I know now, I would have bought 10 of them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Very nice P7s. I've sold two over the years and regret it. I still have a mint, unfired Chantilly P7M8. It's not going anywhere. I always wanted a shooter that I can send to Ford's or CCR and have it as a carry gun.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is pretty thrashed. It's one of only six pistols I own. It's a heel-mag-release gun, and I think that's the only way to have it. I have handled M8s and M13s, and don't care to have either, personally. Very cool gun, and I can shoot it more accurately than any of my other pistols.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup I like my PSP that I picked up a few years ago. Keeps the hands nice and toasty on those cold chilly mornings on the range. Smile

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
This one was gifted to me and is one of my cherished possessions.

Thank you Bill.

You've make a nice purchase

Posts: 22 | Registered: September 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P7 and Mark 23 are two pistols I actively seek.
I haven't seen either in quite a long time. Maybe someday.
Nice score.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Utah Highway Patrol issued the P7 M13 from 1986 to 1996 when they replaced them with to Beretta 8040D Cougar in 96/97.

Posts: 85 | Location: Bloomington Minnesota | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures guys and what a great pistol. It is a shame such a unique and interesting operating and looking firearm was good discontinued.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post