SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7 fans come on in
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P7 fans come on in Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Please educate me on how to decock the P7 squeeze cock ?Quietly?
You have to stick the tip of your finger between the cocking strap and the bottom of the trigger and push up and in. Try doing it under stress. Ain't happenin'.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
That works to quietly decock the P7.
Somehow , I knew Para would answer that.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it is good to know I don't see anyone decocking if there is still a tangible threat so in theory, it is only a loud clack amongst friendlies. What I find funny is I had a hard time finding the slide lock. Reading is fundamental I guess.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, let's say you keep a P7 for home defense. You have the pistol in hand, cocking strap depressed so you're ready to fire. It's quiet in your home and you don't as of yet see an intruder. You hear them perhaps a couple of rooms over, quietly going through your stuff. Let's say that for some reason, you need both hands free momentarily, or you have a cell phone in one hand and you need to open a door- any scenario you can think of where you might need to set your pistol down (or holster it) briefly. When you release pressure on the cocking strap, it's loud. Under stress, and talking on the phone to 911, you might even release the cocking strap accidentally. In terms of manual of arms, the P7 is a harsh mistress.

Handguns have the advantage over rifles or shotguns when you're trying to not reveal your presence or position, since you don't have to chamber a round with a revolver or pistol. With the P7, this advantage can disappear in a heartbeat.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Internet lore is that in tactical training you could basically track a German tac team as they moved through a house cocking and decocking. No idea if true but decocking ain’t quiet.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Internet lore is that in tactical training you could basically track a German tac team as they moved through a house cocking and decocking.

In the late 1980s-early 90s (IIRC), I had the opportunity of meeting and doing some shooting with a member of a German state level Spezialeinsatzkommando (SEK) police tactical team. When we talked about the P7 with which I was much taken in those days, he told me about an exercise his team had participated in with the national level GSG 9 agency of the Mogadishu hostage rescue fame. At the time of the exercise GSG 9 was armed with the P7 pistol. My acquaintance personally relayed the same story that as the GSG 9 team searched a large building for their opponents (the SEK), their position was clearly apparent from the constant clack-clack of decocking the pistols.

I don't know of a more reliable source for the story than that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Does airsoft guy own a P7? And lubricant? "Clack-Clack".

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Very cool pistol and very accurate. I will never sell mine but for reasons like the ones Para illustrated it is more of a collector piece than a tool I would use to protect myself. On the coolness factor it is way up there though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
My M8 & PSP

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To my eternal regret, I sold the two Police HK P7's that I had back when they were still importing a bunch of good German surplus pistols. . Thinking that they would keep importing them at those reduced prices. I got them for about $550 a piece. Those days are long gone...........

Posts: 377 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DeputyCG:
To my eternal regret, I sold the two Police HK P7's that I had back when they were still importing a bunch of good German surplus pistols. . Thinking that they would keep importing them at those reduced prices. I got them for about $550 a piece. Those days are long gone...........

Yes sir, I got mine for $500 and 6 magazines at $60/each. Last time I looked the mags were running $200/each and the P7's were going for north of $2K.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'd love to find one or two magazines at a semi-reasonable price.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks beautiful. I can't even imagine what you paid for it, in this market. I bought mine when they were around $700 and love it (p7 psp). I paid something like $120 for a brand new PSP magazine in the bag on Fleabay. I figure it's more a collectors item than for actual use (go up in value) but will keep it in the sealed bag until I need it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DocCasualty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
Not exactly a grip safety. Squeezing the grip cocks the action and releasing it de-cocks the action. Also, it releases the slide if it is locked back after a mag change.
I think you answered the question I was going to ask, which is do you have to keep pressure on the grip cocker to fire?

I handled one years ago but did not not get to fire it.

---------------------

NRA Life Member

Posts: 86 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes you do have to maintain pressure on it. It takes (made up numbers) 15lbs of pressure to depress but once depressed like 1 lb of pressure to keep it there.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DocCasualty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yes you do have to maintain pressure on it. It takes (made up numbers) 15lbs of pressure to depress but once depressed like 1 lb of pressure to keep it there.
Thanks!

---------------------

NRA Life Member

Posts: 86 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocCasualty:
quote:
Originally posted by Ranger41:
Not exactly a grip safety. Squeezing the grip cocks the action and releasing it de-cocks the action. Also, it releases the slide if it is locked back after a mag change.
I think you answered the question I was going to ask, which is do you have to keep pressure on the grip cocker to fire?

I handled one years ago but did not not get to fire it.

Yes, but you could also squeeze the trigger, then squeeze the cocker and it will fire.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the P7 was popular and readily available, there was a custom gunsmith who supposedly could silence the decocker. I cant recall his name now or what the actual process was to quiet the gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I should have never sold mine… Like a Rolex it was…

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
One small item that gets lost or is rare about
The P7 is the "key", this was a flat blued tool used to remove the firing pin assembly from the rear of the slide.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post