SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Zev OZ9 hyper comp
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zev OZ9 hyper comp Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That's a lot of typing back and forth over a roll pin.

LOL, best post yet!

Posts: 23386 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It's pretty much a feature that's only found on gamer guns that has little practical use unless you're running USPSA or 3 Gun and you're trying to cut tenths out of your time. It's more helpful on ported/comp guns as you're getting recoil reduction from the ports. It's more than snake oil magic, but if it's worth it or not is down to the person.

Edit: Here's the picture up close with the hypercomp. It's pinned through the added material above the barrel and the ports and has no contact with the bore.

It is indeed a inverted dovetail at the bottom of the sight. The barrel is derived from the old Schuemann hybrid comp barrel. Its been around for many years, mainly for 1911s.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
quote:
sight block/island barrel system

Can you point me to these sight block/island systems on race guns? I can't find any like this one. I keep finding blocks that are either added onto the end of barrels or screwed on like comps and the sight is dovetailed there. I can't find a single one that is dovetailed into the front of the barrel itself like this zev. Maybe my google fu is weak. Not an impossibility. Thanks.
Schuemann hybrid comp.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
This is one where we're stuck with only Youtube reviews because nobody here (me. included) is likely to buy one.
That and its pretty new to the market.