Zev OZ9 hyper comp

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1460060894

January 24, 2023, 04:03 PM
HRK
Zev OZ9 hyper comp
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That's a lot of typing back and forth over a roll pin.

LOL, best post yet!

January 24, 2023, 10:33 PM
David Lee
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
It's pretty much a feature that's only found on gamer guns that has little practical use unless you're running USPSA or 3 Gun and you're trying to cut tenths out of your time. It's more helpful on ported/comp guns as you're getting recoil reduction from the ports. It's more than snake oil magic, but if it's worth it or not is down to the person.

Edit: Here's the picture up close with the hypercomp. It's pinned through the added material above the barrel and the ports and has no contact with the bore.

It is indeed a inverted dovetail at the bottom of the sight. The barrel is derived from the old Schuemann hybrid comp barrel. Its been around for many years, mainly for 1911s.
January 24, 2023, 10:35 PM
David Lee
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
quote:
sight block/island barrel system

Can you point me to these sight block/island systems on race guns? I can't find any like this one. I keep finding blocks that are either added onto the end of barrels or screwed on like comps and the sight is dovetailed there. I can't find a single one that is dovetailed into the front of the barrel itself like this zev. Maybe my google fu is weak. Not an impossibility. Thanks.
Schuemann hybrid comp.
January 24, 2023, 10:49 PM
David Lee
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
This is one where we're stuck with only Youtube reviews because nobody here (me. included) is likely to buy one.
That and its pretty new to the market.