SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    E forms: form 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E forms: form 4 Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
One of the Silencer Shop videos (I think) stated that, if you have your fingerprints from one of their kiosks, they will provide them in EFT format for you, since they're already stored that way.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
So if I have a fingerprint card I cannot simply scan them into my computer and convert them to an .eft file, right? This is something that has to be done at when taking the prints? Thanks guys, you’re a helluva lot more help than atf

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup you can't get it to an EFT without additional processing help. There is software available to do that, but I'd guess its mostly priced outside the low volume user (disclosure:haven't checked). Easy answer is get your prints taken from someone who can digitize them and give you an EFT file.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Thanks for that, I’ve been waiting to hear that from the asshole’s at atf for four days.. I should’ve asked here first!

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to buy a silencer tomorrow, and attempt to utilize the e-file process. I'll update as the process moves along.

Please keep your updates coming, dry-fly, as my dealer may benefit from your lessons-learned.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
I am going to buy a silencer tomorrow, and attempt to utilize the e-file process. I'll update as the process moves along.

Please keep your updates coming, dry-fly, as my dealer may benefit from your lessons-learned.

Will do

posted Hide Post
KSGM, are you filing or your dealer? Do you have digital prints? Do you have an efile account?
I'm waiting on my dealer to process several efiles, but have no idea what others are doing?
jb

posted Hide Post
We're going to learn as we go.
Dealer is filing.
I don't have digital prints yet. If mailing paper is an option, we'll do that. Going to talk to local PD tomorrow, to see if they can figure out if their fancy print machine can make the digital file.
I do have an efile account, but we're thinking it won't be relevant, because it makes sense that the owner initiates and receives approval, just as it is with the paper.

If your dealer is processing some, what info have you gotten from him?

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a can today from the LGS, but we’re going through the SilencerShop system. I have a SS account, and they have my picture and prints on file. Also already logged back into eforms and set my PIN. Will be interesting to see how this works. So far nothing from SS, but I’d image they are backlogged with the holiday staffing, and holding everyone’s F4 since the announcement so they could eFile when they went live. I’d imagine that they are busy doing whatever they do with a month’s worth of submissions.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just fyi, atf stated that the print card can be mailed in if no .eft file is available. Some type of cover letter is supposed to be provided to you during the eform process to put with the fingerprint card.

posted Hide Post
Excellent news, on the finger print cards. Thanks for the update, dry-fly.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I bought a can at SIG Academy Pro Shop last week and they indicated that the process should be pretty hassle free if you transfer to a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk, which I am doing.

I had to backorder the can, so it may be a month or two before I have to deal with the eform 4 and a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk but with a can not coming from Silencer Shop.

I'm wondering if I may just be able to pay SS their normal form processing fee and have them take care of it, rather than going online myself and submitting the eform.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I bought a can at SIG Academy Pro Shop last week and they indicated that the process should be pretty hassle free if you transfer to a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk, which I am doing.

I had to backorder the can, so it may be a month or two before I have to deal with the eform 4 and a dealer with a Silencer Shop kiosk but with a can not coming from Silencer Shop.

I'm wondering if I may just be able to pay SS their normal form processing fee and have them take care of it, rather than going online myself and submitting the eform.

Not sure if it’s the same, but I bought a can yesterday from dealer inventory from a shop that has a kiosk. I already had an account with SS, so they were able to tie the can purchase to my SS account. I purchased the tax stamp through SS, but it’s not far enough in the SS process (it shows the F4 is under review, and I haven’t gotten the Docusign yet) for me to be able to tie the tax stamp to this particular F4 yet. I think you’ll be able to do it, but I’d wait. I don’t think you can do much of anything until your dealer actually gets the can in their inventory, and then they can start the Form 4 process with SS.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chief Technology officer of the ATF issues email today saying, yea we know there are plenty of known issues and we are working on them. stay tuned. SS has at least 3 purchases that they wanted to wait till Eforms was live to process that way. But so far not a peep from them. The form3's have processed so at least the mess at the ATF is not killing some of the other transactions.

posted Hide Post
The electronic fingerprints thing is something of a red herring here. People are all worked up over it. Paper will be fine. The odds are that paper print cards are submitted to FBI as soon as they are received and are ran and returned before your form is processed. I highly doubt that the paper versus electronic prints makes a difference.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's good to know, my M400 is jones'n for a suppressor, now which one to pick...

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess others got the same email yesterday, from ATF, concerning Efile. Doesn't sound great. As hrcjon said in another discussion: what is an absolute certainty is that every day that goes by is losing ground on the wait time.
I am considering paper for my recent purchase.

posted Hide Post
what pisses me off about this (at least with respect to SS) is that they decided to efile stuff way before efile was rolled out and stable. So now all that is in limbo. And paper would just be moving down the conveyor belt at the ATF and now 3 months along. And I don't see a way to get them to convert an efile submission to a paper one, but still investigating that.
In the end this will all suck as it diverts ATF resources to efile (which will take at least a year to stabilize IMO) and paper forms will just decay on resolution.
Everybody involved in this mess really is incompetent.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
what pisses me off about this (at least with respect to SS) is that they decided to efile stuff way before efile was rolled out and stable. So now all that is in limbo. And paper would just be moving down the conveyor belt at the ATF and now 3 months along. And I don't see a way to get them to convert an efile submission to a paper one, but still investigating that.
In the end this will all suck as it diverts ATF resources to efile (which will take at least a year to stabilize IMO) and paper forms will just decay on resolution.
Everybody involved in this mess really is incompetent.

In your account at SS, there is a toggle to select whether you want to file your submissions paper or eFile. Not sure if it changes submissions already outstanding, or just applies to new submissions from after you select paper. That said, I think that’s a recent addition and I don’t think the option was available when SS decided to start holding submissions weeks before the rollout.

posted Hide Post
Yup I see that option, doesn't change older ones (I asked).
Waiting on some response from SS on what is up and what to do. So far no response. What is bothersome is that they picked to efile them before the option was on the web site and they didn't advise on that. So now I am 'stuck'.