SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK today's pleasant surprise is a 3/2/2022 efile. individual. So if I can count that's 170 days. Which matches most of the info I've seen lately.

Oh thank god we're at least to March now. I'm waiting on one filed March 16, so hopefully it's not too far down the road for me.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
My Form 4 was also accepted on March 2nd, approved on August 18th. The Form 4 I entered as a paper application about six months earlier? Who knows?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK today's pleasant surprise is a 3/2/2022 efile. individual. So if I can count that's 170 days. Which matches most of the info I've seen lately.

Oh thank god we're at least to March now. I'm waiting on one filed March 16, so hopefully it's not too far down the road for me.

I am March 14th. I am hoping it is soon!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea when I may get my stamp. Efiled on the kiosk but could not get any fingerprints to read on the pad. Too many years as a maintenance mechanic in a food plant. All the sanitation chemical exposures over the years have pretty much removed my prints. About the only prints left are the crevices left by my advanced age. We had to do paper prints and there were no loops or whorls, just the crevasses and wrinkles. Hopefully that still allows the eform4 I filled out to go through and not become a paper form.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bettysnephew:
I have no idea when I may get my stamp. Efiled on the kiosk but could not get any fingerprints to read on the pad. Too many years as a maintenance mechanic in a food plant. All the sanitation chemical exposures over the years have pretty much removed my prints. About the only prints left are the crevices left by my advanced age. We had to do paper prints and there were no loops or whorls, just the crevasses and wrinkles. Hopefully that still allows the eform4 I filled out to go through and not become a paper form.

That's a very frustrating situation. In my past as a LEO, I met people with the same issues and it was really difficult on the "roller" end to get it done right. Best of luck to you!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I just submitted an eform 1, and will be mailing out my fingerprints tomorrow. First form 1 I've submitted in a decade. However, as I was putting the cards in the envelope, I noticed the officer who signed my cards used blue ink, instead of black. Everything else I filled out is in black. Only his date and signature are in blue ink. Does anyone know if this will be an issue?

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've sent stuff in blue ink before with no issues.
Both on my forms and on my fingerprint cards.

I'm about to do a paper form 1 for an sbr for work. Gotta figure out what to put where now. At least it will be tax free.

I wonder if they'll let me make an eform account for work?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. The eForms make it stupid easy, as long as you have a modern firearm from an common manufacturer. I just wish I had done it sooner. I also wish there was a better system for the fingerprint cards, but oh well.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Finally my stamp is in.
Trust--mailed on Feb 1, 2021
Approved on Aug 15, 2022
Longest wait ever.
CGS Mod9

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Submitted eForm 4: 8/30/21

Just got the approval email today.

1 year exactly.

A paper form 4 submitted prior to that is still being processed.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

1 year exactly.

Are you sure it was an eForm? That system was not live in August of 2021. Perhaps a Silencer Shop purchase?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eForm 4 wasn’t live until late December 2021. No way one was submitted as an eForm before that.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

1 year exactly.

Are you sure it was an eForm? That system was not live in August of 2021. Perhaps a Silencer Shop purchase?

It was from Silencer Shop. I’m just relaying the date in the email from the ATF. I figured they’d be a bit off because of the system transition.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

1 year exactly.

It was from Silencer Shop. I’m just relaying the date in the email from the ATF. I figured they’d be a bit off because of the system transition.

What actually happened on 8/30/21? Was that the day you bought the can? If so, that isn’t the date anything is submitted to the ATF. You can either buy a can from dealer stock, or from silencer shop, and then they send it to the dealer, which adds time because your Form 4 can’t go in until until the Form 3 transfer to your dealer completes.

There’s only two ways this works. Either SS submitted a paper form before eforms went live in late December, which means that the approval clock starts from when SS actually sent the package with your paper Form 4 (actually, the clock starts when the ATF got the package and cashed the check, but usually close enough).

Or, SS and your dealer held off submitting a paper Form 4 waiting for eform 4s to come on line, which means nothing was actually done until late December. If an eForm was submitted, you would have had to certify your eForm 4 by typing your ATF User ID and PIN. The earliest that could have happen was late Dec, and for SS customers, more likely mid-January since their Full Auto software wasn’t really up and running reliably until then. Once you certified an eForm 4, you would have gotten an email from the ATF saying the form was Submitted/In Process. When you get that email is when the approval clock starts.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Found that email. REALLY submitted on 2/17/22.

A hair over 6 months then.

posted Hide Post
and the good news is mostly those submitted from Feb are approved and yours is likely soon. But if finding the submitted email was an issue, maybe you want to check that you don't have an approved email somewhere.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
When I called them, a very nice lady said the paper form should be in before October. She also said to give her a call back if it hasn't been approved by then.

Not bad customer service!

posted Hide Post
I have not a clue what that means flesheatingvirus.
If you submitted an actual paper F4 on 2/17/22 there is no statistical chance you will have it in Oct. More likely like 4/17/2023. 14 months being about the norm these days.
If you submitted an eform F4 on 2/17/22 then a pretty good chance given what we know you will have it before Oct. But there is no "paper form" that would be in. you will get that approval electronically via your eforms account.
as always FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I think we're getting convoluted here.

I submitted a paper form last year around November. It made the cutoff to get transferred into eForm (in February). That is the can I just got approved and picked up.

Somewhere around September last year, I submitted a different paper Form 4. That is the one she was referring to that would likely be finished before October.

Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Finally got my tax stamp and YMH Resonator K suppressor yesterday 9/2/2022. Submitted through Silencer Shop kiosk at Scottsdale Gun Club as a paper form 4 on 8/3/2021. ATF cashed check 8/9/2021 and finally approved on 8/21/2022. 378 days from submission to approval. Last time I did a paper form 4 was in 2011 and it only took 3 1/2 months.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post