SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 124
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Thanks guys. I still think this is about the stupidest process. There's just no good reason to regulate sound suppressors in such a process.

Just as a quick update, my friend I mentioned on the previous page who went in the last Saturday of February for a suppressor via trust got his call today so he was a little shy of 9 months start to finish.

Again, he went in 4 weeks after I did for my last suppressor and I got my call the week of July 4th. Everything was submitted for that suppressor 6 weeks after my previous suppressor was and the two stamps are literally one day apart, with the earlier one dated June 28 and the most recent one dated June 29.

There's no explaining it and no way to figure it out so just hang in there because the approval is coming, and hopefully we won't have to put up with this bastardized process for much longer.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
An update.....

I purchased and submitted forms through silencershop on 26 April.

Check was cashed on 3 June.

Still waiting to hear back. Silencershop is telling me to wait 6-8 months from the 3 June date.

I used an already existing trust which already owned one approved stamp. The previous one didn't take this long. I'm seeing that some of you ordered/submitted later than I did, and have already received replies. I'm wondering if this is a silencershop issue. I'm getting pretty impatient. It's been 7 months since I sent my paperwork in.

Did silencer shop sit on your paperwork? My checks get cashed within a week of sending them.

I really hope not. At the time I ordered through them...all of us here at sigforum couldn't talk higher praises about them.

With the dates and wait times I'm seeing, plus the flood of orders they claimed...I'm wondering if that isn't true. My first suppressor was unnecessarily delayed an extra 3 months because the only class 3 FFL within 180 miles of me (at the time) wasn't already on their approved list. So far going through the new one who was on their list, and doing everything through them...hasn't been faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paper trust, filed on 3/28/16.
Signed on 11/08/16 and arrived 11/15/16

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on 3 stamps, two of which were purchased back in March. I'm hoping to give one of them to my wife for Christmas. back when I bought it, the current estimated wait times would have allowed me to give it to her birthday in August, but everything has slowed down since March.

the most recent suppressor purchase was June 2. It's my first rifle suppressor. I'm not a patient person.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
6 months ...

My last form 1 (to build a suppressor) finally came in approved today ... submitted May 20 approved November 21

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
6 months ...

My last form 1 (to build a suppressor) finally came in approved today ... submitted May 20 approved November 21

Good to hear it wasn't 9!

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
6 month wait for sbr. Sitting at 7 months (almost 8) for my can.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
E-filed Form 1 Trust 5/22/16.

Approved 11/30/16.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another month for me, I guess. 1st suppressor , gemtech 45, and sbr on Hk mp5 10 mm clone.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suppressor on Form 4 trust sent in April 2016. Check cashed 4/12/16. Approved 11/29/16.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Filed Form 1 on 6/20. Based on some of the posts here I should be hearing from them soon.

Form 4 submitted with payment on 3/30

How are you guys notified for form 1 approvals? Mail? Email?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Letranites87
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Filed Form 1 on 6/20. Based on some of the posts here I should be hearing from them soon.

Form 4 submitted with payment on 3/30

How are you guys notified for form 1 approvals? Mail? Email?

Form 1 approval notification through E-mail.

GeorgiaCarry.Org member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: May 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Form 4 submitted in April, cleared in December

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I've seen a few like this that have submitted after mine and have been approved. I guess my agent has a bigger stack than others. Maybe he's on vacation.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm at 160 days on my e-filed form 1 right now. Frown

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I've seen a few like this that have submitted after mine and have been approved. I guess my agent has a bigger stack than others. Maybe he's on vacation.

Submitted form 4 April 15th. Still waiting.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mine was done through Silencer Shop using a HeavyD trust.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Form 4 just came back for my Dead Air Mask bought back in March. Picked it up today.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the call today that my Saker stamp arrived. I bought it in March.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm feeling good about this then. Maybe Santa will bring me a YHM TI Phantom.

Did mine with a HeavyD trust through a local dealer.