SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 125
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
Picture of DsWright
posted Hide Post
apparently my interest in this sparked a bit to late.... really want a 9mm suppressor..

Should i even bother at this point? Or wait until after elections and see what happens?

I have a feeling that If killary wins anything that isn't approved won't ever be anyway...

However if trump wins perhaps we may actually be able to get some type of reform through to make this a much less tedious and wasteful process?

Posts: 1096 | Registered: January 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DsWright:
apparently my interest in this sparked a bit to late.... really want a 9mm suppressor..

Should i even bother at this point? Or wait until after elections and see what happens?

I have a feeling that If killary wins anything that isn't approved won't ever be anyway...

However if trump wins perhaps we may actually be able to get some type of reform through to make this a much less tedious and wasteful process?

Go ahead and get one. The longer you wait, the longer it will take.

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x Form 1 submitted 3/11, efile, trust. Both approved 8/23. Longer than the other sbr's, but still under 6 months. Just need the form 4's to get through...

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling that people that waited and submitted their Form 1's even 1 month before 7/13 will likely be waiting a year before they see their stamps ... People that waited until the final days, and those that submitted after will be waiting even longer ... 18 months perhaps?

As Creeping_Death said;
"The longer you wait, the longer it will take."

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 308th_sps
posted Hide Post
I submitted a Form 1 on April 4. According to NFA tracker, forms submitted in March are being processed now. So hopefully less than a month to go. Maybe? Hope so!!!

308th_sps

American by birth
Veteran by choice
Southern by the Grace of God

Posts: 199 | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Call Me Wally
Picture of Bovineguy
posted Hide Post
To put this in perspective, I did a Form 4 trust on a can on 1/29/2016, I had my stamp 2 days shy of 5 months.  I bought a second can on 2/22/2016, also a Form 4 trust, it's now 8/26/2016, do the math, over 6 months now and I still don't have my stamp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ʎnƃǝuıʌoq

"I take my personal safety personally." - Me

Wanna look at my pictures?

Resistance is not futile. It's voltage divided by current.

Blood goes round and round. Air goes in and out. Any deviation thereof is bad.

Posts: 10725 | Location: Clovis, NM, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA | Registered: August 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thats not so bad ... in 2012 I believe it was I bought 3 cans ... one the dealer had in stock, the other 2 he had to order ... the money on those 2 of my form 4's was tied up for 15 months; 336 days; (over 11 months) were on ... the balance was tied up in my dealer acquiring them.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Form-1/Trust; e-filed (SBR) on 3/17, I just got my approval today (8/30)

I still have one Form-1/Trust; e-filed (suppressor) on 5/20

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I just asked silencer shop for an update on my YHM can ordered in April. They told me the ATF cashed my check in July, and right now they're seeing 4-7 month wait times following that point.

Ugh. Seriously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
Just got my tax stamp in for my SBR AR-15. My wait on this one was just shy of six months.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 5 months and 2 days since my check was cashed for the last one I submitted. I'm hoping any day now on that one.

As for the Form 1 I filed a day or two before the new changes happened, well... that will be a long forgotten gift by the time I get that one approved.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mailed in Trust 2/23/16, the check was cashed 3/1, still waiting.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: September 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbh350:
Mailed in Trust 2/23/16, the check was cashed 3/1, still waiting.

Hopefully soon for you. Mine. Form 4 Trust. Check cashed 2/17. Approved 8/25.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Two Form 4s approved 9/4/16, check cashed 2/16/16. A Rugged Surge and Tactical Solutions Axiom should be in my hands before long...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking like everyone is experiencing 6 month wait. Based on that, suppressor should be Thankgiving, sbr on mp5 10mm clone Christmas. Unless my getting the sbr form postmarked the last day in july prior to the trust rule change makes for a delay due to the last minute surge of applicants.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Two checks cashed a month apart under the 41 rule. I guess time will tell how it works.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
(SLOW ticks) tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

Some days are a lot worse than others Frown

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchased a Griffin Armament Revo 9 from Silencer Shop on 01/17/2016

SS submitted transfer paperwork for transfer to my MS dealer

ATF confirmed receipt of Form on 02/14/2016 under my dealers name/address

I called ATF today - Very Nice ATF Agent told me that this Transfer was Approved on 9/12/16 and that ATF has 10 business days to send the approved form to my dealer.

So right now I am 2 days shy of 7 months but should hear from my dealer in the next two weeks......I hope.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
10. Days? Lol. I wish!

My last two form 4s were approved in January. They must've lost them because they didn't mail them till late March.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I sent in a form 1 and a form 4 at the end of July.

Lol it's gonna be comical to see how long this takes. I fear it will be over a year. Seems like as a tax payer we should be able to do something about such slow service, but I have zero expectation of anything changing.

If this were a private business, they'd be out of business already.

Good news is I should have plenty of time to find a 922 kit for my Scorpion Razz

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post