SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 127
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFA wait times Login/Join 
A free people ought not
only to be armed, but disciplined
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if they are still approving multiple pending e-forms at the same time. My example would be I e-filed a form one for my trust on 3/13 and it is still pending. I e-filed another form one on the same trust today. Will they be approved at the same time?

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prpratt:
Does anyone know if they are still approving multiple pending e-forms at the same time. My example would be I e-filed a form one for my trust on 3/13 and it is still pending. I e-filed another form one on the same trust today. Will they be approved at the same time?

Still approving multiple pending e-forms at the same time?

It makes too much sense to group them together like that; remember, it's the government we'er dealing with ... Actually I didn't know they ever did that. I have 3 pending now, all about 2-3 weeks apart just as I had 3 pending last year also with dates 2-3 weeks apart ... Each was approved on its own merit.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A free people ought not
only to be armed, but disciplined
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still approving multiple pending e-forms at the same time?

There was rumor that they were doing this last year before e-forms went down for a while.
I had two suppressors that were submitted over a month apart and they were both approved on the same day.

I remember a thread where a member said he had both an e-form and a paper form pending and he called and spoke with the examiner and mentioned this rumor and asked if he would do the same with a paper and eform. The examiner said that he could only do that with eforms.

Whether or not my situation last year was a fluke and the rumors of eform 'bundling' were internet myth I do not know. I will check back in and let everyone know if they are bundling or not when my stamps come in.

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
In preparation for the reform shutdown they were group approving eforms that had been filed on different dates. It was the fastest way to clear the system so they could shut it down.

My first form 1 I actually asked Mr. Pickles if he could do that for me ( I had a form 4 pending at the same time as he was approving my form 1 exile). He laughed and said it was in another office and he couldn't do it. I even begged a little. Both were on the same trust too. I had also heard that the reasons that efiles went way down is that they had a bunch of contractors for a year that were trained to do the legwork for the examiner and that is all they were doing.

Just have to be patient and honestly 3 months isn't that bad. It used to be over a year and all you could do was individuals no trusts. We are slowly winning the battle.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
Form 4, Trust, Suppressor
Mailed 2/3/15
Approved 5/13/15

Waiting for the mailman now, then off to visit r2mach1 for pickup.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E26R-40-BSE:
Form 4, Trust, Suppressor
Mailed 2/3/15
Approved 5/13/15

Waiting for the mailman now, then off to visit r2mach1 for pickup.

Mine was mailed same time yours was and I haven't heard back yet! agh!

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4313 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ppub101
posted Hide Post
Mailed mine in. Got back my stamps for my can and SBR, took 4 months 11 days.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 804 | Location: WNC | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Anyone know their times on form 4 trusts from sending in to check cashing?

The dealer sent it in over a month ago and still no check cashed. My previous form 4s, the checks were cashed within two weeks of mailing in.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dealer mailed Form 4 in last Monday, for a Osprey 45. The check went pending on Friday, the same week. The last couple I did, they cashed the check 4-7 days after it was mailed. I also live 2.5 hours from WV, so mail gets there quick.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

The dealer sent it in over a month ago and still no check cashed. My previous form 4s, the checks were cashed within two weeks of mailing in.

Your check should have been cashed already, find out if your dealer truly sent your forms in. Then I'd call ATF and do some digging.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Your check should have been cashed already, find out if your dealer truly sent your forms in. Then I'd call ATF and do some digging.

Will do. Thanks

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

My last form 4, a Saker 556, I purchased on March 15, 2015. The check was cashed on March 27, 2015. I attribute it to the fact my dealer doesn't mail stuff off immediately, so he probably waited for sometime during the next week to send it off.

It shouldnt take more than 2 weeks. I would call and check.

How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
According to Silencer Shop's tracker, my Feb 11 payment/submission is coming in range. Hope to hear something soon!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
Times are creeping past 75 days for efile form 1s unfortunately. I assume we will see 90+ for a while. My last one was submitted March 15, I expect it around 80 days from that date just going by arfcom tracking threads. Frown

I efiled my Form 1 on 3-17 and am still waiting as well.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Form 1
Submitted: 3/2
Approved: 5/24

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of SIG Truth
Picture of C Swimm
posted Hide Post
You guys have your dealers mail the forms? My dealer has me mail the forms. Of course the post office is literately right next door to the gun shop in the same strip mall. They seriously share a wall between them. I work with the mail too so I would rather take care of it myself anyway.

Whenever they receive any firearms, the postmaster walks them over with the bar code scanner and delivers them himself. Sometimes he looks around the store a bit since he likes guns too. Seen the older lady that works the counter at the post office in the shop before too.

-Chris

... if the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they. -Michael Cannon, CATO Institute.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Two Form 4 (Spectre 2, Omega)

Submitted/Paid 2.11.2015
Approved 5.19.2015
Stamps Received at Dealer 5.26.2015

Now I need to go pick them up!!!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Just a head's up. It appears that Batch Processing is back in effect for eforms according to multiple other website tracking threads. Hopefully with this initial push the times will get back down below 80 or 90 days! for efiles.

How's your cardio?

posted Hide Post
Jeezus, is that what eform 1s up to now? I was hoping to have mine early June figuring on 60 days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: coanan,

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
Just a head's up. It appears that Batch Processing is back in effect for eforms according to multiple other website tracking threads. Hopefully with this initial push the times will get back down below 80 or 90 days! for efiles.

Could you post some links?

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post