SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Scammer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scammer Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
Received an email from a forum member asking if I had an item for sale. Apparently a scammer contacted them claiming to be me. The scammers info:

Email name: Brave Shot
Email: brchili1911@gmail.com
Provided Zelle name: Thomas Stephens
Provided Zelle email: Elveraheyeswes61@gmail.com
Address: 400 W So Boulder Rd Lot 17
Louisville, CO 80027

Posts: 4445 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Received an email from a forum member asking if I had an item for sale. Apparently a scammer contacted them claiming to be me. The scammers info:

Email name: Brave Shot
Email: brchili1911@gmail.com
Provided Zelle name: Thomas Stephens
Provided Zelle email: Elveraheyeswes61@gmail.com
Address: 400 W So Boulder Rd Lot 17
Louisville, CO 80027

This guy tried to scam me also a few days ago. He used to the same email address and email name. He said he had an item I had listed as WTB. I smelled him out right away. He couldnt even get the correct item right. I decided to play with him and ask him for a "proof of life" photo and he ghosted quick.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sloppy scammer, not even trying to get the item correct.

BRCHILI1911@gmail.com

BRCHILI1911@gmail.com

scammer BRCHILI1911@gmail.com scammer

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 43796 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
These days, it's best to not have an email address generlly accessible on the internet. The spiders will give it to the spammers. My email address is in my profile.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Noted. Thanks. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43796 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a WTB ad on the classified. I was contacted by email by a Ryan Thomas. The email did not sound right and price was low. Went behind the name the email was bricworm@gmail.com. A google search came back to posting on the sig forum listing him as a scammer,

This is a copy of his email:

Hey man,
I came across your WTB ad on Sigforum.
I have a Beretta 92SB Compact Type M 9mm in excellent condition I'm willing to part with.
1989 vintage, extremely accurate like all the 92’s. Less than 150 flawless rounds through it. Perfect, very reliable and has never had any issue. Cosmetic condition is excellent.
It comes with box, 1 8 round mag and papers. I'm looking to clean out my shelf space and fund a new project. $800 shipped to you, let me know if we have a deal.
I've attached pictures.

Almost word for word to the one post earlier. My email was in my profile and not in my ad.

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The procedure for dealing with this is clear- ask them to provide you with their forum username, and then you must insist that they post in your WTB ad. The reason you must insist upon their posting in your ad is that they can claim to be some member or other, but they can prove they are in fact that member only by posting in your ad.

Again I say- you must work under the assumption that anyone who contacts you about an ad you have in Classifieds is a crook looking to rip you off, and then you work backwards from there, obtaining proof of their claims by vetting them.

Any doubts or concerns about anyone contacting you about an ad of yours, feel free to contact me at the email address in my profile. Do not hesitate to do so.

If you use your head and follow these suggestions, you'll be fine. If you get greedy and go sending your money to someone who merely claims to have what you are seeking, you might as well just take your cash and set fire to it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let me demonstrate the value of using Google specifically to search on email addresses for scammers.

NSFW:

burkeswayne672@gmail.com

https://www.google.com/search?...VzCVYQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA

This asshole thinks we're stupid, because he tried to register just now, using this email address.

I offer to him the same portion of round brown.

It's funny- I don't know what he thinks he'll accomplish. As of 3/22/2022, all new members lack permissions to view profiles and that is not going to change. This asshole keeps registering. I suspect he has dozens of registrations in the forum. What good does it do him? He already has an account from before that date, so he can see profiles for email addresses. All these new registrations- they lack the needed permission to see member emails. Makes no sense.

IP address is a Charter Spectrum account out of Charlotte, NC: https://scamalytics.com/ip/69.132.179.57

scammer burkeswayne672@gmail.com scammer

burkeswayne672@gmail.com

posted Hide Post
These guys, like most crooks, amaze me. If they worked that hard at being legit, they'd no doubt be successful.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
These guys, like most crooks, amaze me. If they worked that hard at being legit, they'd no doubt be successful.

Reminds me of the many "sham" artists I met in the Army who actually worked harder to avoid doing work than doing the actual work. I don't get it, must be a pathological thing.

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This lowlife, rather-steal-than-work piece of shit is still at it:

shotglock65@gmail.com

scammer shotglock65@gmail.com scammer

Any other gun forums where you're a member, post this email address if the forum admin will allow it.

Anytime someone contacts you with something to sell, gents, just take their email address and do a quick search of it in the forum. I post these addresses so that you guys can see them, but also, I post them so they can be found by you if you search for them, and so that search engine web crawlers will pick them up.

https://www.google.com/search?...tglock65%40gmail.com

Spread this email address far and wide. He'll always been nothing but a fucking thief, but make it a little harder for him to be the scum he is.

And that is what he is- scum

When you search the internet for email addresses, use Google- not Brave, DuckDuckGo or whatever. Use Google.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Here's an email address that has been active on CZFirearms.us:

Jlwilkinson@gmail.com AKA Josh Wilkinson

His account has been deleted.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'gilslasershot@gmails.com' AND 'seazast@gmail.com' are the latest scammers to annoy this forum.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I posted a WTB in the classifieds and was contacting via email by member: greyworm
spectorarms@gmail.com was the email they used.
Member since November 11 2021.

It didn’t feel right so I started reading their posts and they were way to generic so I passed on the item.

I hope I’m wrong but it feels funny.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was also contacted by someone claiming to be greyworm. None of their emails sounded legit because they were obviously a scammer.

I told them to send the gun to the FFL and when the FFL verifies the gun they sent me pictures of arrived, I’d then send them the money. I never heard back from them again.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Here is an email I received:

"Hello,

I have an excellent Remington 1100 Sporting shotgun in 410 ga/bore. The shotgun has a high gloss finish on high grade walnut with a checkered pistol grip and a black grip cap. The forearm is matching walnut with checkering and finger grooves. The metal finish is a nice even gloss blue and is free from and issues. The shotgun comes with an extended SKEET choke and a weight compensated forearm cap. I'm asking for $580 for it. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks."

Sent by greatguy134@gmail.com

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Fortunately, most of you guys see this stuff coming from a mile away.

Us Gals do too. Smiling.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Here is an email I received:

Sent by greatguy134@gmail.com

Bigpond, I think you're being slightly judgmental.
The persons email address is "greatguy134", How can you NOT trust that?!?! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8313 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post