SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XTrooper:

I have to ask. Why in hell not?

I believe it changed to a regular post, when PARA listed his WTS ads.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Never forget...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the protocol to buy an item advertised?
I was under the impression that the first "I will take it" posted in the thread was the buyer, followed by an e-mail. Lately it seems the first e-mail only, gets the purchase without ever posting. Can this be clarified?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MauiWowie22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
I was under the impression that the first "I will take it" posted in the thread was the buyer, followed by an e-mail. Lately it seems the first e-mail only, gets the purchase without ever posting. Can this be clarified?

Some have wives patrolling the forum and don't want them to know what they are buying so they buy anonymously! I've bought and sold plenty on the forum without posting an "I'll take it" I guess you just have to trust that the seller is honest and will give first to post or first to email dibs. But in retrospect do you really want to send your hard earned money to someone that isn't 100% honest with you?

Thanks MW22...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Posts: 5088 | Location: Maryland | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 99 | Registered: December 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
time for a bump Smile

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Parabellum,
I sent you an email about my ad yesterday. A few days ago I dropped prices on the items listed, and some forum filter picked up on a "keyword" and flagged the ad (which has been running for quite a while with edits as items are sold, reduced, etc). Now it is stuck in "moderation" limbo, neither showing up on the forum, nor even editable.

No change to it since monday or roundabout. No idea if it is simply gone from the system, if I should create a new ad, or otherwise.

Any ideas?

- FT

Posts: 342 | Location: Western PA | Registered: April 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rhynotek
posted Hide Post
Hi, Parabellum,

I sent a few messages to "webmaster@sigforum.com" several times. And we did not hear anything from you.

We are a company based in the Atlanta / Norcross area. We would like to know how we can place ads on your Sig Forum, so that the members can see our products, like HPParts.net that's at the second spot in the classified section. We have received quite some traffic from SigForum according to Google Analytics and our shopping software tracking, and would like to know how we can work together in this regard.

Thanks for your great forum. We really like the quality of the contents and the excellent audience. And we will have win-win situation.

Please give us a proposal.

Gene
sales@rhynotek.com
Rhyno Technologies, Inc.
http://www.rhynotek.com
PO Box 1131, Norcross, GA 30091
3044 Northwoods Circle, Norcross, GA 30071

Posts: 38 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:

arcwelder76
Picture of arcwelder76

Posted March 29, 2009 12:25 PM Hide Post
Guys.

That issue has been laid to rest.

"I'll take it, pending pics" and any similar declarations, hold no sway.

The only acceptable phrase for making a purchase here, is an unconditional "I'll take it." Get your questions answered, and have all your information before you agree to purchase.

Caveat Emptor, folks Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware. It is the responsibility of the buyer to be satisfied with the information presented.

It's "I'll take it" or nothing. That's the way it's going to be here guys, so no further discussion is necessary.

This is a decision of the staff. The people who have WORK to do here in the classifieds.

Again, CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Arc.
______
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2751046041/p/4

I was and am under the impression that the "I will take it" is the only way to operate a ending to a transaction.
I wish more would adopt this style.
It is the only way to "time stamp" a proper ending that is transparent.
Just my 2 cents.

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2920 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bry@n
posted Hide Post
It seems that even a "I will take it" doesn't even guarentee you will get the item.

Posts: 1541 | Location: PA | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
viperjody is the first seller that I have problems with.

She sent me a email that states she will think it over whether to move forward on the transaction or not with a response in a day.

No response.

Now she has 5 posts for sale on the Sig Forum.
Buyer beware.
Dlcchp

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a post requirement or membership length that's in place before you can post a firearm for sale in the classified section.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 51 | Registered: October 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chocobo
posted Hide Post
Can I post a negative feedback on a seller here or is there another place for feedback? I mean like start a thread? I just want people to know about this seller so people would be aware of this seller and how he do business with people.

Posts: 514 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MauiWowie22
posted Hide Post
New Members please make sure you either post your email or put your email in your profile... Nothing more frustrating than trying to contact you when there is no way to do it.....

To put your email of choice in your public profile follow these easy steps.... (FYI it does not have to be the email you registered with)

do this....
click GO top left tab under moderators names
then Personal Zone
then Profile
then top right click on View/Edit Complete Profile
Half way down is Public Profile Fields
Then put your email in Display Email:

done!

Thanks MW22...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Posts: 5088 | Location: Maryland | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is exactly why this is my #1 forum. Everyone I've dealt with has been honorable, and I find it amazing considering everyone buys/sells/posts from anywhere in the country.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a "bump" rule? I have not seen anything referring to this in the rules?

Thanks,

Dusty

Posts: 76 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about BUMP rules, but I can tell you that moderator arcwelder76 will close your post if you're selling your item through Amazon, or Ebay, or other commercial sites. Apparently, it has to be direct to members. I only wished I got at least a courtesy warning to edit my post. In my defense, selling it through a popular process like an Amazon site gives some protections to the buyer.

Posts: 419 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dbransco:
Is there a "bump" rule? I have not seen anything referring to this in the rules?

Thanks,

Dusty

1 BTT / 24 hours.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by famsny:
In my defense, selling it through a popular process like an Amazon site gives some protections to the buyer.

Personally, I feel pretty safe with dealing with Sigforum when buying or selling. Seriously, have you seen how miscreants are dealt with? I'd rather face a pack of rabid hyenas than piss off the membership here.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenris,

What I was implying is that if a seller scams someone on Amazon, their bank account and tax/SSN number are available to Amazon staff because they can't be a seller w/o providing that info to Amazon. And refunds are probable to the unsatisfied buyer.

Forum managers don't have any personal info on members and their only recourse would be to delete the account which someone could make up another one fairly easily. But I agree, most people here are fine individuals, I guess my point was more of "buyer beware" on Internet forums in general.

Posts: 419 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post