SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by famsny:
In my defense, selling it through a popular process like an Amazon site gives some protections to the buyer.

Personally, I feel pretty safe with dealing with Sigforum when buying or selling. Seriously, have you seen how miscreants are dealt with? I'd rather face a pack of rabid hyenas than piss off the membership here.

I know this is pretty serious topic, but your response about pissing off the forum members versus the pack of rabid hyenas cracked me up so much I almost fell out of my chair! No disrespect intended naturally.

~ For CQB, I use my light saber.

Posts: 68 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm a Newbie here so I hope this doesn't Shanghai the thread. I was wondering what the general practice is here for when you have sold or traded something? Is it proper etiquette to just go ahead and delete the post or is it better to add SOLD to the title and then have the administrators / moderators delete it? I wasn't sure if it would be better to leave the post up so members could see what's been sold previously. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance! Smile

~ For CQB, I use my light saber.

Posts: 68 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
Didn't see this thread posted here yet... here ya go...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1920045772

"The body is healthy when the heart is at ease."

Posts: 1154 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you MPDrunner for posting that thread. We all hope for the best in folks but at last we find a bad apple in the bunch. Being new to this forum I appreciate the heads up. Thanks

TXGW

"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINE TUO DA GLORIAM" PSALM 115:1
"BEATI PACIFICI QUONIAM FILII DEI VOCABUNTUR" Matthew 5:9

Posts: 6 | Location: ALLEN TEXAS | Registered: April 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JK Conard
posted Hide Post
i like the way you stated this, prompt and to the point

If you voted for our current president in 2008 to prove you weren't a racist, then please vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot. Thanks... Concerned citizens of America.

Posts: 49 | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
Also, don't be placing items for sale here while they are for sale on other forums.

Posts: 1154 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIN
posted Hide Post
I'm curios MPDrunner, why can't we post items for sale here and on other forums? Is it against Sigforum rules? The reason I ask is because I see other forum members do it all the time.

No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor.
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 806 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPDrunner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIN:
I'm curios MPDrunner, why can't we post items for sale here and on other forums? Is it against Sigforum rules? The reason I ask is because I see other forum members do it all the time.

Email sent.

posted Hide Post
No trashing somebodies thread should be added

Traveling Man, Sir Knight
Disabled Combat Vet, Cavalry trooper

Posts: 82 | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Well stated and all very fair!

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by playmetheblues:

I agree with this.

However, with the way the prices on certain things have been lately it's going to be nearly impossible to have 100% of threads be crap-free. We already have a rule that you're not allowed to gouge people. If people put things up at reasonable prices, there will be no crapping going on. The problem kind of takes care of itself.

Posts: 76 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a deal/trade with grand4life on this forum
and he did not meet his end of the deal.

Ten emails back and forth the first day he said he wanted to do the trade for sure his words and six days later nothing no emails no calls nothing. I tried contacting him to see if everything was okay maybe emergency or something of that matter. I even asked him if he was okay.I was willing to even drive a total of four hours to make the deal better on his end upon his request.

I understand people change there minds or a better deal comes along and that is fine. In the end the seller needs to be happy.

But at least have the consideration to call or email back to let the buyer know you changed your mind, the deal is off, something came up. Maybe I am missing something here.

This is not the way I was raised.

I know I am a junior member and sorry if anyone is upset with me for writing this but I felt everyone here should know about this.

Thanks and have a great day.
Frank

Posts: 18 | Registered: December 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p229railed:
I had a deal/trade with grand4life on this forum
and he did not meet his end of the deal.

Ten emails back and forth the first day he said he wanted to do the trade for sure his words and six days later nothing no emails no calls nothing. I tried contacting him to see if everything was okay maybe emergency or something of that matter. I even asked him if he was okay.I was willing to even drive a total of four hours to make the deal better on his end upon his request.

I understand people change there minds or a better deal comes along and that is fine. In the end the seller needs to be happy.

But at least have the consideration to call or email back to let the buyer know you changed your mind, the deal is off, something came up. Maybe I am missing something here.

This is not the way I was raised.

I know I am a junior member and sorry if anyone is upset with me for writing this but I felt everyone here should know about this.

Thanks and have a great day.
Frank

Another Sig Junior here, but I agree. With the current state of politics, we all have to stick together and show each other some respect among our community. It is truly "us" against "them" and if we can't respect each other, what hope do we have?

Laziness, deception, lying, cheating, and stealing is "their" way! I am happy to hear about all the great experiences people have had here.

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kevinwilly:
quote:
Originally posted by playmetheblues:

I agree with this.

However, with the way the prices on certain things have been lately it's going to be nearly impossible to have 100% of threads be crap-free. We already have a rule that you're not allowed to gouge people. If people put things up at reasonable prices, there will be no crapping going on. The problem kind of takes care of itself.

I've noticed more and more people listing their used items for more than the new one sells for at my LGS. I don't think that people are trying to gouge others (at least in most cases), but rather that they aren't doing due diligence to find out what something is worth before listing it.

Posts: 96 | Registered: January 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find it funny too that members are listing mags well above MSRP. Like MecGar P226 18rd mags for over $30 used. I had an ad on here a couple months ago for a highly desirable 556 that I wanted to trade for and it was taken down a few days later since I was "gouging"?? Anyway, more than a few hyprocrites on this board. Just my 2 pennies.

226 W. German
228 W. German
228R
229 40/357
239 40/357

Posts: 73 | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signut49:
I find it funny too that members are listing mags well above MSRP. Like MecGar P226 18rd mags for over $30 used. I had an ad on here a couple months ago for a highly desirable 556 that I wanted to trade for and it was taken down a few days later since I was "gouging"?? Anyway, more than a few hyprocrites on this board. Just my 2 pennies.

I would, personally, call the price for your opinion a perfect example of gouging. Two pennies is, by far,many multiples above the value of said opinion.
Be well.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIN:

Here is an example of why. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2120053713

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought 3 items in 3 separate transactions on the SigForum and I have a question. Is there a way to leave feedback for those sellers or does the forum think this is unnecessary? My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.
Thanks to all involved on this forum!
Dave

Sigs: P220R, P220 JH
Glocks: G31, G32
Mossberg 500 12 gauge

Posts: 168 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave58:
I have bought 3 items in 3 separate transactions on the SigForum and I have a question. Is there a way to leave feedback for those sellers or does the forum think this is unnecessary? My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.
Thanks to all involved on this forum!
Dave

No feedback section needed. Good buyers/sellers stay around. Bad ones get booted.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a new member and I can't find in my readings the etiquette for bumping a post. What is the standard waiting time for bumping a post to the top of a discussion?

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post