SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Classifieds Section    Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone who transacts business in this section should read this Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much.
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
quote:
Originally posted by nevets163:
I'm a new member and I can't find in my readings the etiquette for bumping a post. What is the standard waiting time for bumping a post to the top of a discussion?

once every 24hrs

Posts: 17 | Registered: August 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deacon Blues
posted Hide Post
Amen. Thank you.

P224 9mm
P226 .40/9mm
P229 9mm SAS Gen 2
P232 SS .380
P239 .40/.357
P239 9mm SAS Gen2
P320Carry 9mm
P320SC9mm
P290RS 9mm
Glock 30S .45
Walther PPS 9mm

Posts: 40 | Location: No. VA | Registered: October 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Probably borderline since it is used magazines at new prices:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1730004533

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JavaFueled
posted Hide Post
Good to Know

Posts: 23 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: August 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to this board and trying to understand the different ways on how transactions are done. From all the messages I read on this thread, it seems:

When it's a private to private party, you can either do a FFL to FFL with other fees invovled or send check or money order to seller and wait for item?

Would it be possible to edit the first post to add some methods for transactions for newbies like me who are interested in buying items from the classifieds?

Great forum by the way!

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eripey:

When it's a private to private party, you can either do a FFL to FFL with other fees invovled or send check or money order to seller and wait for item?
If you're talking GUN sales across state lines, ALL transactions have to be done through an FFL on your end. Some FFLs will accept shipments from non-FFL individuals, some won't. In either case, you send payment to the seller (whether he's an FFL or not) and also ask an FFL on your end to mail/email/fax the seller (or seller's FFL if shipping via FFL) a copy of his FFL.

Then the seller arranges for shipment, either via his FFL or common carrier (where legal), and ships to your FFL. Your FFL notifies you when it arrives, and you visit him to do the transfer, which is conducted according to federal and state laws. He will likely charge you somewhere between $20-$50 for the service.

If it's a private party sale of long guns between residents of the same state, you can ship directly between buyer and seller in some cases, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

If you're talking about sale of NON-FIREARMS between private parties, generally the buyer sends payment in whatever form the seller prefers, and then the seller ships the merchandise, hopefully with lots of email communication/updates between both parties along the way.

Hope this helps.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3173 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeputyCWOret
posted Hide Post
Sig Forum is far superior to many others out in cyber space but the members are real and shutting down the classified section of this forum would hopefully get rid some of the space wasters who are trying to run a commercial operation through classified. There are some very special cases such as Gray's Guns and others who while commercial dealers are also SIG SAUER people who help other members of the forum in so many other ways in addition to excellent advice and direction in other areas of the forum. I confess I to going to the classified section first but then wander through the comments and questions offering what little I can. I have never sold anything on SIG Forum but have purchased some great things from good honest sellers so bring it back when YOU feel it is the right time.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

Posts: 96 | Registered: April 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can one post a WTB (want to buy) ad on this forum if i've posted the same request another forum as well? thanks

Posts: 5900 | Location: southern california | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Are people required to post "I'll Take It" in the Thread in order to lay first claim to the purchase?

I've always written that in as a requirement for my sales to avoid miscommunications...But not sure if that is Sigforum Law.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Are people required to post "I'll Take It" in the Thread in order to lay first claim to the purchase?

I've always written that in as a requirement for my sales to avoid miscommunications...But not sure if that is Sigforum Law.

I had thought this was the rule, but me no know.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I swear I've seen that written somewhere before, but I cannot find it. Agreed though, "I'll take it has always superseded "e-mail sent" or any other such thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12298 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I swear I've seen that written somewhere before, but I cannot find it. Agreed though, "I'll take it has always superseded "e-mail sent" or any other such thing.

This was addressed on page 4 of this thread by Arcwelder, who is a moderator:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Guys.

That issue has been laid to rest.

"I'll take it, pending pics" and any similar declarations, hold no sway.

The only acceptable phrase for making a purchase here, is an unconditional "I'll take it." Get your questions answered, and have all your information before you agree to purchase.

Caveat Emptor, folks Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware. It is the responsibility of the buyer to be satisfied with the information presented.

It's "I'll take it" or nothing. That's the way it's going to be here guys, so no further discussion is necessary.

This is a decision of the staff. The people who have WORK to do here in the classifieds.

Again, CAVEAT EMPTOR.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Taken from The SIGforum Office, as a reminder: Wink

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...everyone who reads this and who uses Classifieds needs to be aware that I am going to start cracking down on this stuff in a big way.

Bump your thread no more than once a day and list your ad here and only here.

Bumping your thread more than once a day will get the thread deleted. Posting your ad on multiple sites will get your thread deleted. Doing both of these things will cause me to remove your rights to access Classifieds, and repeat offenders will be banned, permanently.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how to obtain permission to upload photos for a classified ad ? I am not clear on how to do that. Thanks,
Dave

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yama Arashi
Picture of Uriah
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
Anyone know how to obtain permission to upload photos for a classified ad ? I am not clear on how to do that. Thanks,
Dave

You don't need permission.

Just have a URL for your photo, which requires it being hosted at whatever your website of preference may be (free photo hosting website, etc.) and embed it in your post with IMG tags on either end. You can either type it in, or use the photo icon in the posting tools.

URL example:

http://s15.postimg.org/egvi466d7/IMG_1722.jpg

URL with IMG tags:

[IMG] http://s15.postimg.org/egvi466d7/IMG_1722.jpg [/IMG]

Remove the spaces on either side of the URL next to the IMG tags:

Coffee cup ambush

Posts: 4340 | Location: Somewhere North of Here | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish my dealer had honored that when I gave him my P320C as collateral towards a P320SC. That was face-to-face too. Do the right thing people!

Former Owner of an MCX, MPX, P229 Stainless Elite ASE, P229 Legion, 516 fde, Mk25 9mm, P226 tacops 9mm, P226 Extreme 40, and a P320 I'm still trying to track down.

Posts: 69 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do we close the thread when the transaction is complete? If so, How do we do this? Thanks

Posts: 483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys feeling kinda slow, darned if I can remember how to post a picture to my WTS post for a couple of items. I tried looking at help and several pages of posts under stickys on Classified but was unable to find any instruction. Not sure what above discussion with URL means to me and my computer? Obviously I am technologically challenged.
Help please!
Thanks

Posts: 148 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arinvolvo
posted Hide Post
If you post a WTB ad...people responding from these email addresses are scammers.

Tann Funt funt1970@outlook.com
rickky 250 winks23401@gmail.com
Nob Sales nobsales2001@gmail.com

____
The doctor said I wouldnt get so many nose bleeds if I just kept my FINGER out of there.

Posts: 221 | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Para, I sent you a message this date regarding an issue I have in the classifieds. Please let me know. Thanks, JW

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post