SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Frank Beltram

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I had a terrible time trying to pull this Northwoods Indian River Jack in.

I don't usually name things ... but ... I had to give this one a name ... Annabelle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hobbs,

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
My Spyderco Manix 2, just like every other day!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Today it's gonna be this Schrade Old Timer, Middleman Jack with desert ironwood scales.
Clip, & pen blades. It's a handy little knife.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Today on the work Smile

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I carry this one often.
This was Al Mar’s personal EDC knife that he gave me at the ’92 S.O.F. Convention, just a few months before he died.

Al Mar Hawk (Model# 1002TW - TITANWOOD scales)

Posts: 3994 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Stunning, Z06
Any idea what the steel is?

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thank you Hobbs.
AUS-8. Rc 57-59

Posts: 3994 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Z06, very nice, was that a one off or is it a production knife? I don't remember seeing it on his site for sale. I'd love to have one.
Nice keepsake you have from Al!

posted Hide Post
These two,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
And what is that knife scurvy.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Today was Benchmade 477-1

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Z06, very nice, was that a one off or is it a production knife? I don't remember seeing it on his site for sale. I'd love to have one.

I believe it was an older production knife from the mid 1980s. They might come up on web knife sites with for sale sections.

It means a lot to me after I found out Al and I were both Industrial Design graduates of Art Center (formally L.A. but now in Pasadena). Al built a 2-man submarine as his Masters project.
This is a picture a friend took at the '92 S.O.F. after visiting Al at his booth.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
quote:

I believe it was an older production knife from the mid 1980s. They might come up on web knife sites with for sale sections.

It means a lot to me after I found out Al and I were both Industrial Design graduates of Art Center (formally L.A. but now in Pasadena). Al built a 2-man submarine as his Masters project.
This is a picture a friend took at the '92 S.O.F. after visiting Al at his booth.

Very cool, looks like an early version of the Osprey of the Hawk, that knife is a keeper!
I'm going to search around and see if I can find one. It's a nice clean design for pocket carry.

More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Benchmade 755MPR.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8785 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
My Great Eastern Cutlery Wallstreet Wharncliffe Lockback Northfield Smooth Autumn Bone 1095 Polished Steel Nickel Silver Fluted Bolsters Brass Liners Cloud/Keyhole Badge ... anyone remember steel pennies ??

posted Hide Post
quote:
Today it's gonna be this Schrade Old Timer, Middleman Jack with desert ironwood scales.
Clip, & pen blades. It's a handy little knife.

I just bought one of these

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Hobbs, that's one handsome knife sir. I had a Northfield Viper with a wharncliffe blade and it was a great cutting edge for all the day to day tasks. I lost it and really need to pick up another.

DSgrouse, that little Schrade is just the right size. You're gonna like it.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. GCE61, the edge has good bevels but didn't really come very sharp. The bevels are a good start and I know the edge will be popping with little effort.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hobbs, that's one handsome knife sir. I had a Northfield Viper with a wharncliffe blade and it was a great cutting edge for all the day to day tasks. I lost it and really need to pick up another.

DSgrouse, that little Schrade is just the right size. You're gonna like it.

I ended up with the 3 blade stockman version........ ahem 4 of them cough, cough