SIGforum
What are you carrying or totin' today ??

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/340601935/m/7370099373

February 22, 2015, 04:41 AM
vemon
What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Frank Beltram

February 22, 2015, 11:28 PM
Hobbs
I had a terrible time trying to pull this Northwoods Indian River Jack in.

I don't usually name things ... but ... I had to give this one a name ... Annabelle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hobbs,
February 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
cmr076
My Spyderco Manix 2, just like every other day!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R
February 24, 2015, 06:16 AM
GCE61
Today it's gonna be this Schrade Old Timer, Middleman Jack with desert ironwood scales.
Clip, & pen blades. It's a handy little knife.

February 24, 2015, 01:02 PM
vemon
Today on the work Smile

February 24, 2015, 02:05 PM
Z06
I carry this one often.
This was Al Mar’s personal EDC knife that he gave me at the ’92 S.O.F. Convention, just a few months before he died.

Al Mar Hawk (Model# 1002TW - TITANWOOD scales)

February 24, 2015, 02:11 PM
Hobbs
Stunning, Z06
Any idea what the steel is?
February 24, 2015, 02:45 PM
Z06
Thank you Hobbs.
AUS-8. Rc 57-59

February 24, 2015, 05:35 PM
GCE61
Z06, very nice, was that a one off or is it a production knife? I don't remember seeing it on his site for sale. I'd love to have one.
Nice keepsake you have from Al!
February 24, 2015, 06:23 PM
DSgrouse
These two,

February 24, 2015, 08:03 PM
Amurr
And what is that knife scurvy.
February 24, 2015, 09:18 PM
mkueffer
Today was Benchmade 477-1

A few Sigs and some others
February 24, 2015, 11:11 PM
Z06
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Z06, very nice, was that a one off or is it a production knife? I don't remember seeing it on his site for sale. I'd love to have one.

I believe it was an older production knife from the mid 1980s. They might come up on web knife sites with for sale sections.

It means a lot to me after I found out Al and I were both Industrial Design graduates of Art Center (formally L.A. but now in Pasadena). Al built a 2-man submarine as his Masters project.
This is a picture a friend took at the '92 S.O.F. after visiting Al at his booth.

February 25, 2015, 12:28 PM
GCE61
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
quote:

I believe it was an older production knife from the mid 1980s. They might come up on web knife sites with for sale sections.

It means a lot to me after I found out Al and I were both Industrial Design graduates of Art Center (formally L.A. but now in Pasadena). Al built a 2-man submarine as his Masters project.
This is a picture a friend took at the '92 S.O.F. after visiting Al at his booth.

Very cool, looks like an early version of the Osprey of the Hawk, that knife is a keeper!
I'm going to search around and see if I can find one. It's a nice clean design for pocket carry.
February 25, 2015, 01:01 PM
Milliron
Benchmade 755MPR.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

February 25, 2015, 04:22 PM
Hobbs
My Great Eastern Cutlery Wallstreet Wharncliffe Lockback Northfield Smooth Autumn Bone 1095 Polished Steel Nickel Silver Fluted Bolsters Brass Liners Cloud/Keyhole Badge ... anyone remember steel pennies ??

February 25, 2015, 05:30 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Today it's gonna be this Schrade Old Timer, Middleman Jack with desert ironwood scales.
Clip, & pen blades. It's a handy little knife.

I just bought one of these
February 25, 2015, 06:24 PM
GCE61
Hobbs, that's one handsome knife sir. I had a Northfield Viper with a wharncliffe blade and it was a great cutting edge for all the day to day tasks. I lost it and really need to pick up another.

DSgrouse, that little Schrade is just the right size. You're gonna like it.
February 25, 2015, 08:17 PM
Hobbs
Thank you sir. GCE61, the edge has good bevels but didn't really come very sharp. The bevels are a good start and I know the edge will be popping with little effort.
February 25, 2015, 08:28 PM
DSgrouse
quote:
Hobbs, that's one handsome knife sir. I had a Northfield Viper with a wharncliffe blade and it was a great cutting edge for all the day to day tasks. I lost it and really need to pick up another.

DSgrouse, that little Schrade is just the right size. You're gonna like it.

I ended up with the 3 blade stockman version........ ahem 4 of them cough, cough