SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    What are you carrying or totin' today ??
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 91
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you carrying or totin' today ?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hobbs, I carry the vbob, the spare mag, a lesser pocket knife, my galaxy s5, a keys,

so for me it does not weigh to much. Size is more my concern i want it to fit in the pocket. to not bulge when i am driving. It is not the mercator for thinness or weight, it is how ever superb. Right size, ease of use. I will put a little woven fob on it when i have the chance. It will definitely see a lot of pocket time. I have about 12 other pocket knives on the way. It is not a field knife, but a gentlemans knife. I would have no problems using a gec when doing fencing, chickens, or general farm use. I would not use the FN GP.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ooooh i like that

quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Nice. I think I read you don't even need to oil the Fallkniven. And being open framed, how much easier does it get than just rinsing it out now and then as needed. I think it's a winner.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i don't know about that. it is CoS steel. a carbon steel. Not sure that i would not keep it oiled.

I've got a cunning plan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 987 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: October 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Today

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Little Red is Riding Today

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Katz K281
● 440 stainless steel locking blade ● Micarta handle ● Nickel silver bolsters ● Overall length: 6" ● Handle length: 3-1/2" ● Blade length: 2-1/2" ● Designed in USA, made in Japan

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16181 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ZT0566 Blackwash and Buck Strider folder.

-TS11

Don't hate me just because I'm a better shot than you...!

Posts: 63 | Location: North West | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chad mattson
posted Hide Post
ZT 0200 black plain blade my favorite.

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
today only this kid Smile

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swapped out for my guardian in 9mm, and mercator. Still the same GEC Montana limited edition. Victorinox officer watch and 1935 esterbrook

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Wife & sons got me this one for my birthday.
It's a Great Eastern 54 Big Jack slipjoint, in Tortoise shell Acrylic.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am carrying a benchmade Mini auto reflex.

kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I LIKE that GCE61 but are you worried at all about the Acrylic aging and deteriorating. I think most all of the Acrylic stuff back, way back in the day, has issues now. Is today's Acrylic different somehow? I could be thinking about some other man made material too maybe. Regardless, I like the handles created from the stuff and that Tortoise shell Acrylic is no exception. Just leery to "invest" in it is all.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
I LIKE that GCE61 but are you worried at all about the Acrylic aging and deteriorating. I think most all of the Acrylic stuff back, way back in the day, has issues now. Is today's Acrylic different somehow? I could be thinking about some other man made material too maybe. Regardless, I like the handles created from the stuff and that Tortoise shell Acrylic is no exception. Just leery to "invest" in it is all.

I would think todays man-made materials have improved over those of 20 or 30 years ago. Besides, I buy these things to use not to just look at, and I'll probably be dead and buried before the handles start to deteriorate.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
quote:

I would think todays man-made materials have improved over those of 20 or 30 years ago. Besides, I buy these things to use not to just look at, and I'll probably be dead and buried before the handles start to deteriorate.

I agree, my boker torts shell.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice knife Hobbs, what model is it? Almost has a "Barlow" look to it.