SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice Bud⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks. i am having a good time working on these sets.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
well, we decided to go with book matched thuya burl on this set. i made a last minute decision to use something that would compliment the etched blades a little better. here is a very poor camera shot of the finished handle on the chef knife. you can see the handle on the paring knife as well. it is just roughed in and ready to start the actual shaping process tomorrow.

dozer

Posts: 3514 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is a better shot of both handles now. they are shaped and sanded down to 400gr. gonna take them both to around 1000gr before sealing them with boiled linseed oil.

dozer

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’ve never heard of thuya burl before, but man, those look great. Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’m gonna need you to go ahead and ship them out to me ASAP. Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, fellas. this is my first time using this wood. it is great looking stuff. i will definitely be using it again in the future.

dozer

Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
What's the easiest way to drop a "hint" for my wife to get a set of these as a Christmas present?

Just leave this window open?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Loving what is coming outta your shop!! Real nice work Friend!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, my friend. here are a couple pics before final sharpening. the lighting is not ideal, but you get the idea. the etch is much more vibrant in person. as are the handles. they have silver tones that light up when you turn the handle under the light.

dozer

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work, Mike!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
much appreciated. we are having lots of fun making these new kitchen designs.

dozer

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I am having Mike make me a kitchen knife as sort of a housewarming gift to myself.

I can’t speak to the product yet beyond the fact that everybody else is happy and the photos are gorgeous.

What I can speak to is the fact that it is a PLEASURE doing business with him. Great communication, personable sounding guy and totally fair prices.

Just wanted to let folks know in case they are on the fence as far as doing business with him.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i appreciate the kind words. it is coming along nicely, too. i should have some nice progress pics for you soon.

dozer

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Mike, will you be putting these in the classifieds?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
yeah, any that don't get pre-ordered will go in the classified area as soon as they are done. i got a little behind last week. had a nice kidney stone that demanded my attention. it was a fun time.

dozer

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it all came out okay at the end. ;-)

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
oh yeah, nothing like the miracle of giving birth to a cuckleburr.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this is the latest one off the bench. i really like the wood on this one. i shaped the handle a bit differently on this one.

dozer

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
That looks fantastic Mike!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post