SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchen Cutlery-Liontribe Designs-New Pics Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, you would do well to snag as much of that as you can. It’s probably not for everyone, but I can’t help but suddenly want a set of New vaquero grips made out of that stuff.

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i actually did make some blackhawk grips from something very similar years ago. they were a gift for my pop a while back. he is a revolver man, and has just about a dozen Ruger wheel guns.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Man those scales are PURDY!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, brother. this wood is one of my favorites to use. it sands well and is very hard and strong.

dozer

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the knife as of today. lots of sanding and all that is left is signing and sharpening.

dozer

posted Hide Post
Unique and quite the looker. Cool

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1924 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks much. many have asked, so i will be making a standard model very similar to this one. i will be using 1/8" W2 tool steel with this finish and very similar handle materials. so there will be more of these coming soon. thanks for all the suggestions. i am actually working on more santoku designs and paring knives.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i am doing a paring knife companion to the chef knife since i had just the right amount of steel left for the job. here it is rough ground and headed to heat treat. i should have more pics of it when it is all cleaned up and etched. i am doing the same etch and handle material as the big chef knife.

dozer

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, here it is as of today. final polish and etch is done. fitting up the scales is the next step.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the handle for the parer that mates with the chef knife. i took it 1000grit and finishing with several coats of boiled linseed oil. it is stabilized maple, but i like to double up on the finish. it just gives it a nice, usable finish. if you use something like poly or similar, it is so easy to scratch or damage that super shiny finish. i reserve that for show pieces. i want my knives to be used and enjoyed. my pop has a knife that i made over a decade ago and it still looks new. i hate shiny finishes, anyway. i took all the chrome off my old dyna and had it bead blasted so i could acid etch it. i just dislike those shiny finishes on almost anything. it might be a character flaw.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
here is the finished pair. took some nicer pics today.

dozer

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Wow!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17242 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wow is right! Beautiful set!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38582 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks, fellas. my main focus will be on kitchen knives for a while. i have a ton of new designs i am going to be working on soon.

dozer

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The set arrived today and I'm blown away! works of art and sharp as can be! Fit and feel are awesome! This set is going to be a Christmas gift and I can't wait to present them!

FYI, the color of these knives is not blue as shown on my screen....not sure what you see. They are a light gray/silver and look incredible!

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
thanks so much. yeah, my camera skills are not the best. i have a nice set going at the moment for a great customer. these will most likely get photographed professionally if they come out half as good as they look so far. i did a similar set years ago for a family member and they love the shape of them. so, i decided to make a batch of these again.

dozer

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
rough grinds are done. now to clay the blades and heat treat. keep your fingers crossed for good hamon lines. Big Grin

dozer

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to updated pics, Mike.

Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
ask and ye shall receive. i didn't like the look of the hamon on these, i am still learning that particular set of skills. it was just way too light. i think i may change the clay i am using. anyway, no big deal. we just gave it the old signature patterned etch. they came out great. next step is fitting the handles.

dozer