SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laying in my hospital bed could use some prayers Updates p8,9
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laying in my hospital bed could use some prayers Updates p8,9 Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang,
Update for today is weak with a side of exhausted. I know I need have patience and give my body time to heal. I had the goal of going back to work this week but now I think that is not going to happen. The pain is getting better and I am able to eat a bit more each day. I am hopeful that once the antibiotics stop and I start getting my iron injections that I will rebound a bit more quickly. Going from Ms does it all to Ms can barely walk to the couch and back to bed is so strange. So glad though as it could have been much, much worse. And at least my time in bed coincides with new fall tv premiers! Thank you all again!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
great news sir @!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
great news sir @!

Uh, it's ma'am

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1730 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Hi Gang,
Update for today is weak with a side of exhausted. I know I need have patience and give my body time to heal. I had the goal of going back to work this week but now I think that is not going to happen. The pain is getting better and I am able to eat a bit more each day. I am hopeful that once the antibiotics stop and I start getting my iron injections that I will rebound a bit more quickly. Going from Ms does it all to Ms can barely walk to the couch and back to bed is so strange. So glad though as it could have been much, much worse. And at least my time in bed coincides with new fall tv premiers! Thank you all again!

Doctah Clubleaf says REST. You push yourself too hard too early and it is going to be detrimental. As a nurse don’t you already know all this? Wink

Posts: 12185 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Ha yeah I hear we are bad patients. Wink

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
great news sir @!

Uh, it's ma'am

Yep she's a good looking ma'am Smile

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I hope you get your energy back soon. I hope you are 100% soon. My family is concerned about you.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Ok girl how about a update

Posts: 13022 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I hope this recovery won't be as long as everyone seems to think.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I am glad you are on the mend. I had diverticulosis and was in patient with diverticulitis at least 4 times, once after I joined here. I finally said enough is enough and scheduled the surgery back in 2013. Ya'll here talked me through it. They took out probably a foot or so. When it went pathology, they said it had just perforated that day. Luckily I was empty from the preping so nothing got loose and I was not infected. I was reconnected without the bag. They had to cut me length wise due to scarring from a previous surgery from an accident. Deciding to have that surgery was a probably the best thing I could have done because I have been free of diverticulitis since. If you do have the surgery voluntarily, it's much better than involuntary! I wish you well!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are back with your pups. Their love will help you with your attitude and mental health. Continue to take it easy and prayers that you'll be 100% very soon.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10912 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang,

I am getting ready to head to my last iron infusion in a few minutes. It is still slow going with recovery but I do feel a bit better overall this week. I had my follow up with my primary and we did an ultrasound to try to determine the source of the anemia. Looks like I will be heading to another Doc soon after those results. I will get my iron levels checked next week along with other labs to see where I am. I follow up with the surgeon in October to see what he thinks is next for the Diverticulitis and Losis. If a surgery between flare ups could mean no bag I may go ahead with it. I do not want to go through that again or risk becoming severely septic from a large perforation. So I will know more in a few weeks.

I so appreciate you all. Sorry I haven't checked back in much. It has been a whirlwind of appointments each week and trying to fit in a couple of hours of my part-time job as well. Then to top it off my littlest one is having complications from his patella surgery and I have had to run him back and forth to the doc too.

I am tired! LOL.

Happy Friday to you all!

posted Hide Post
You have our prayers. Our daughter is going through the same thing and it is not good. Good luck with yours.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post

"I was cured all right." Smile

I hope you're your old self soon.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers and positive thoughts for you.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am glad you are doing better. Get well.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
We are keeping you in our prayers. Take care!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7211 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Glad things are getting much better and that this is your last iron treatment. Sure hope you can avoid the surgery later.

Posts: 4505 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Wow I had forgotten about those pics. Tactical Gumby. Too funny!

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
good to hear your feeling much better....now continue that trend please!

Posts: 3121 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post